Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 08:07 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times

Advertisements

This thread is a stellar example of just how low the overall IQ of this forum has sunk.

Page after page in thread after thread here of people getting their knickers in a twist over silly and unimportant hypothetical "what if Trump _______ !" (fill in the blank) situations. Expansive discussions and criticisms based on nothing but big "what if's" abound here at C-D. People are literally frothing up on a daily basis over imagined scenarios.

Blah.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
She's American, he's British. She's Catholic, he's Episcopal. She's an actress and model, he's royalty. She's divorced, he's never been married. She's biracial, he's Caucasian. I'm not bashing either person, just saying they seem to have little in common.
Yet their hearts could be in total accord, in spite of these external differences.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Sinus issues are not fun, I sometimes drool when I sleep too.
So do I. The problem is, Trump drools when he is wide awake.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
She's American, he's British. She's Catholic, he's Episcopal. She's an actress and model, he's royalty. She's divorced, he's never been married. She's biracial, he's Caucasian. I'm not bashing either person, just saying they seem to have little in common.
Meghan Markle is actually related to the Royal Family through the Bowes Lyon Family which was the Queen Elizabeth The Mothers family. Queen Elizabeth being married to King George VI (Bertie) who had a stammer and was the subject of the film 'The Kings Speech'.

Indeed one of Meghan's ancestors John Hussey, 1st Baron Hussey of Sleaford, who was beheaded in 1537 on the orders of King Henry VIII and Harry and Meghan are actually distant relatives.

King Henry VIII ordered for Meghan Markle's ancestor to be beheaded - The Telegraph

Bowes Museum - Wikipedia

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother - Wikipedia

Quote:

Research compiled in 1997 by historians including Markle's great-uncle, Mike Markle, revealed that her paternal great-great-great-grandmother was New Hampshire landowner Mary Hussey Smith (1823–1908), a descendant of nobleman John Hussey, 1st Baron Hussey of Sleaford, who was beheaded in 1537 at the order of King Henry VIII.

Through Lord Hussey, Markle is a descendant of King John. Markle is also a descendant of Captain Christopher Hussey, Esquire (d.1686) who was appointed in 1679 by King Charles II to govern the Royal Province of Hampton, New Hampshire. He was a Founding Father of Nantucket.

Markle is a distant relation of Prince Harry. Their common ancestors are Elizabeth Bowes (1505–c.1572) and her husband, Richard Bowes, son of Sir Ralph Bowes of Streatlam Castle and High Sheriff of County Durham—ancestors of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother (née Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon).

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-28-2017 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-28-2017, 08:13 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
They will have his money in common.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
You forgot to mention, she's older than he is as well.

Yep, nothing in common.

A case of boy got the hots for a hottie, and the money and status to woo her into his stable.

This will provide plenty of fodder for the royalty groupies, worldwide, for decades to come.

CN
I'd hardly call 3 years a gaping age difference.

They've been dating almost a year and a half, so I figure they must have something in common because that's past the "this person is hot" phase.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
This thread is a stellar example of just how low the overall IQ of this forum has sunk.

Page after page in thread after thread here of people getting their knickers in a twist over silly and unimportant hypothetical "what if Trump _______ !" (fill in the blank) situations. Expansive discussions and criticisms based on nothing but big "what if's" abound here at C-D. People are literally frothing up on a daily basis over imagined scenarios.

Blah.
Sunk?

LOL.

I'd ask if you're new, but I know you're not.

This is hardly the Yale Debate Team around here. It's just everyday people talking about whatever's political or controversial news.

Some of it is more complex, some of it is fluff.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:20 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
They will have his money in common.
She's a millionaire in her own right. Obviously he has more millions but she's no slouch.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post

Blah.
It was good of you to drop in and add a few points to the total. -_-

Seriously, while this thread is undoubtedly frivolous, it's far from the dumbest discussion that has happened here recently. I think you have been away too long.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:24 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Sunk?

LOL.

I'd ask if you're new, but I know you're not.

This is hardly the Yale Debate Team around here. It's just everyday people talking about whatever's political or controversial news.

Some of it is more complex, some of it is fluff.
I've been here several years longer than you, actually.

And no, it's not everyday people discussing political and controversial news. It *used* to be that way. Now it's just a twisted pathology of heated discussion based on hypothetical wondering. It's not reality-based one bit.

It's sunk too low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies