Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 07:14 AM

31,297 posts, read 20,806,323 times

Advertisements

It will be interesting to see what develops around the stock market losses. I plan to call my Advisor on Monday to see if I lost money or got a windfall due to the ABC fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 07:27 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,755,139 times
ABC should have fired Brian Ross.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:35 AM

15,675 posts, read 10,458,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
ABC should have fired Brian Ross.
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...85271890178050

agree, waldokitty.

Ross should have been fired years ago. He blamed a Tea Party member for the Aurora massacre. Ross is so toxic to the credibility of ABC News. I can't believe the management of this organization chooses to still employ him.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:52 AM

34,328 posts, read 18,700,067 times
All the networks have done this. ABC, NBC, CBS, and some cable outlets also like CNN, and MSNBC. When they get caught they will suspend, or sometimes even fire employees. The fake Bush story ended Dan Rather's career on network news. It is always pushing the Progressive agenda, and narrative with either made up stories, or modified stories that support it. Many, many people believe the false narrative, then if they do get caught, and retract the story, it often falls on deaf ears, or gets buried.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:53 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,782,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I can't believe the management of this organization chooses to still employ him.
Ethics, Integrity, Professionalism... Out the window.

I will cut someone a break the first time, but to repeat it again..... You're Fired!

Old 12-03-2017, 08:00 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,782,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This is literally the opposite of fake news. Confidential source updated the timeline and ABC corrected the story. Fake news sources fabricate, and they don’t issue corrections.

It has become an epidemic, of retracting and correcting and even having to clarify. They have become the creators and then readers of the talking points, instead of the reporters of the truth, regardless of emotional personal opinion.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:09 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,206,740 times
I used the ABC report to buy on the dip, so thanks Ross. I knew the story wasn't as bad as the media was making it seem. They've been doing this for over a year

Old 12-03-2017, 08:23 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,086,562 times
You are weasel wording an excuse for very-sloppy at the least, patently wrong in the main, reporting. The markets recovered, but Ross and ABC created a down draft in the financial markets. He is not worthy of further employment.

I read none of the 'fake newsers' too which you refer for the purpose of dressing up you obfuscation and misdirection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let us recall this: when ABC reported this news Friday around noonish, none of the other legitimate news sources cited the story, for the reason that they could not confirm the story. When ABC 'corrected' their report, only then did the other legitimate news sources begin their reports: on how ABC got it wrong.

Contrast that with those that engage in regular reporting of fake news: Brietbart, conservative tree house, Gateway Pundit, etc. When one of those sources report 'unconfirmed news', the others fake news sites and blogs quickly pick up the report, not concerning themselves with the accuracy.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:19 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,820,798 times
Democrats were euphoric when they thought they got Trump and in reaction to the false report the stock market took a nose dive and hasn't fully recovered. Many people in the middle class are invested in the stock market to build their wealth so they can retire.

Democrats want to get Trump so bad they are willing to put your investments at risk and cause your wealth to nosedive to get him.

Democrats don't care about the middle class, they care about getting Trump.

Last edited by petch751; 12-03-2017 at 09:35 AM..

Old 12-03-2017, 09:40 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats were euphoric when they thought they got Trump and in reaction to the false report the stock market took a nose dive and hasn't fully recovered. Many people in the middle class are invested in the stock market to build their wealth so they can retire.

Democrats want to get Trump so bad they are willing to put your investments at risk and cause your wealth to nosedive to get him.

Democrats don't care about the middle class, they care about getting Trump.
Painting with an awfully broad brush this morning, aren't we?

This is one guy being a crappy reporter. He should be fired.

Remember when millions on your side voted to destroy the nation, in no small part because it would annoy liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies