Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 07:44 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,892,093 times

Advertisements

No the democrat supporters would not voluntarily refuse their tax cuts. They would however have no issue with imposing tax increases on everyone else, especially if the everyone else has more than they do. Doesn't matter how hard the everyone else worked to obtain more, they need to be punished for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 07:44 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,333,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Excuses and excuses.

The essential programs are : defense and law enforcement.
Merely your opinion.

You asked. I answered. You don't like the fact that it blew up in your face because there are those of us who really would refuse a tax cut? Too bad. Don't ask a question you don't want the answer to.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No the democrat supporters would not voluntarily refuse their tax cuts. They would however have no issue with imposing tax increases on everyone else, especially if the everyone else has more than they do. Doesn't matter how hard the everyone else worked to obtain more, they need to be punished for it.
When did adding to the deficit become a staple of the Republican platform?

Old 12-04-2017, 07:49 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those in charge are wasting trillions on offensive actions (with multiple uses of the word offensive here) while not wanting to pay for any of it.
Because Peter robs banks, it justifies my stealing money.

Good lord! Does our education system teach anything about morality?

Old 12-04-2017, 07:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
This thread has made one thing clear: Dems don't mind spending, but they make sure the spending is paid for (taxes). Republicans also do not mind spending, but they do not bother with paying for it, they just borrow more money. This being the case, the Dems are being fiscally responsible, and GOP is being irresponsible.

I am disappointed Rand Paul voted to increase the debt. He was the one Senator who I thought was still a fiscally sane conservative. Not anymore.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
See, Democrats do love regressive taxes. Also using government to control how people live their lives, apparently.
I wouldn't use me as proof. I'm not a Democrat.

Never have been.

Also, how is people only spending what they can afford any sort of effort to "control how people live their lives?"

I mean, they can choose to keep spending more than they make. That's always an option.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:54 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,811,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This thread has made one thing clear: Dems don't mind spending, but they make sure the spending is paid for (taxes). Republicans also do not mind spending, but they do not bother with paying for it, they just borrow more money. This being the case, the Dems are being fiscally responsible, and GOP is being irresponsible.

I am disappointed Rand Paul voted to increase the debt. He was the one Senator who I thought was still a fiscally sane conservative. Not anymore.
That one was interesting. I don't agree with him on much, but he has been consistent wrt the debt. Guess that's all out the window now.

Rubio also talked about how crucial it was to get the debt down.

They're all a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Because Peter robs banks, it justifies my stealing money.

Good lord! Does our education system teach anything about morality?
Or hypocrisy. Are you saying you support the idea of welfare? That is what getting things without paying for them is, is it not?

Old 12-04-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This thread has made one thing clear: Dems don't mind spending, but they make sure the spending is paid for (taxes).
The deficit went up 9 trillion under Obama. I imagine you will blame that entirely on the (R)'s but that simply is not the case.

Quote:
Republicans also do not mind spending, but they do not bother with paying for it, they just borrow more money. This being the case, the Dems are being fiscally responsible, and GOP is being irresponsible.
They are not.

Quote:
I was dissapointed in that also. Just as I was with all of those who refused to condemn the wasted future of our kids with the debt the wars have cost us in both money and lives the last 16 years.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
That one was interesting. I don't agree with him on much, but he has been consistent wrt the debt. Guess that's all out the window now.

Rubio also talked about how crucial it was to get the debt down.

They're all a bunch of hypocrites.
Rubio voted to cut taxes but his condition was that we INCREASE spending first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies