Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 08:03 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When did adding to the deficit become a staple of the Republican platform?
About the same time it did for the democrats I would think. After all they are the same beast. 2 heads talking different crap, but the 2 heads are attached to the same body.
Both parties use the same tools. Divide and conquer. The funny thing is that both parties have the undying loyalty of their party hardliners. Too stoned on the Kool-aid to care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 08:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
The deficit went up 9 trillion under Obama. I imagine you will blame that entirely on the (R)'s but that simply is not the case.
You can blame who ever you want. I blame those who controlled the purse.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:20 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I was routinely schooled by democrat supporters here on the importance of the taxes. Shouldn’t we all expect them to write a personal check to cover the reduction caused by the evil Trump tax cuts?

I intend to keep this thread live until the tax season so that democrat supporters can post an image of their check.

Personally I would expect massive amounts of democrats and their supporters send in mountains of checks to prove Trump and Republicans wrong.
I would voluntarily refuse to take the tax cuts if it would make the legislation go away.

It won't, though.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
About the same time it did for the democrats I would think. After all they are the same beast. 2 heads talking different crap, but the 2 heads are attached to the same body.
Both parties use the same tools. Divide and conquer. The funny thing is that both parties have the undying loyalty of their party hardliners. Too stoned on the Kool-aid to care.
Why are we defending any of it?

Old 12-04-2017, 08:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can blame who ever you want. I blame those who controlled the purse.
Do you think that the (R)'s were going to cut funding for Obama's wars? You would have supported that?

Old 12-04-2017, 08:31 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Do you think that the (R)'s were going to cut funding for Obama's wars? You would have supported that?
War spending was reduced dramatically when we pulled back 95+% of our troops and ended combat operations in Iraq. Likewise, troops levels in Afghanistan was reduced from 100K to less then 10K. Yes, is saves a lot of money. The combat operations in Iraq during the height of the war resulted in MASSIVE spending.

You keep claiming the war in Iraq never ended because we held 5000 troops there, but it is not an entirelly honest argument. When you pull out practically all troops and end combat operations, even a child should understand the cost will be dramatically reduced.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
This is a good question. I'll bet they are all going to gladly accept their tax cut and pocket the money. They won't be giving any of it to charity, and they certainly aren't going to give it back with a nice note saying that they don't need it.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:38 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I was routinely schooled by democrat supporters here on the importance of the taxes. Shouldn’t we all expect them to write a personal check to cover the reduction caused by the evil Trump tax cuts?

I intend to keep this thread live until the tax season so that democrat supporters can post an image of their check.

Personally I would expect massive amounts of democrats and their supporters send in mountains of checks to prove Trump and Republicans wrong.
Will you please explain to me how you are calculating your taxes? I'm totally confused by this. There will be no more deductions for the common joe as far as I can tell besides the standard deductions. Unless a person is impoverished and owns nothing...or unless the person is very well off, I don't see the cuts.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:40 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Actually, we're the only ones who have educated ourselves on the content of the tax bill, to the extent that such content is available. Even the Senators in Congress were not allowed enough time to read it. What is wrong with you that you wish hard times on your fellow Americans (if, indeed, you are American)? What is wrong with you that you side with clearly crooked politicians doing the bidding of the corporations, at the expense of the American people? There was a time when the American people were too smart to be conned like this, and yet Republicans seem not to notice that their so-called "representatives," and especially Trump, are laughing at them all the way to the bank, singing "Suckers!" under their breath.
LOL!! Laughable.

Betting you had no problem with Obamacare, the bill which Nancy Pelosi gleefully said, "Now we must pass this bill so we can find out what's in it."

As for "crooked politician," did you vote for Hillary Clinton? You were conned. Case closed.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:43 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Why are we defending any of it?
LOL Im not, just laughing at the circus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies