Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 06:08 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,290,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If he fires Mueller congress will decide well before the voters.
That statement may as well be meaningless. Yes, Congress would decide. But they'd decide by not acting, I submit. But you can say that about any presidential action and subsequent congressional inaction (as far as the decision to not impeach is concerned).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 06:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,698,207 times
They wouldn't put Trump in prison if he was caught eating 10 year olds for breakfast.

Obviously many people have a misunderstanding about our system of justice. It's not meant to be fair. It's not meant to be equitable. It is meant SOLELY to preserve what little of "peace and order" we have and also as a way to "payback" those who don't tow the line.

Well, Trump sure towed the line for the Leader of the World (Putin). We can no longer say "Free World".

If there was Justice, Flynn would be marched up against a wall facing a firing squad. As it stands all of this is just empowering future pols and military-industrial complex guys to do more. After all, what are the odds of getting caught?

I can guarantee you this. For every Flynn and Petraus and other that we know about there are 100's if not thousands in our employ who are not only helping our adversaries, but are getting highly paid for doing so.

One of the first things they did in WWI and WWII was pass laws against profiteering. But those days are long over. What happens now is that General #1 sees General #2 getting rich quick and they all follow along (except for the very few who have honor) to enrich themselves at both the taxpayers and national securities stake.

I'm sure that people know that the guy Flynn was trying to send to Turkey (that he got paid the big bucks for - WHILE he was a General and worked for the government) is the MODERATE muslim who believes in "liberal arts education" and the integration of muslims into modern society.

So we have our National Security Apparatus fighting against people who would end the War on Terror and educate people.....

You couldn't make it up! It started a long time ago, but my feeling is that the vast amounts of cash stolen in the middle east wars by our troops and commands (antiquities, arms, pallets of cash, payments meant to quell the uprisings) has started an orgy inside our "all volunteer" military - where everyone wants a piece.

I knew a young guy who came back from the middle east - maybe 35 or so. He and his wife bought a 400K condo cash and soon after built a 700K house...while they still owned the condo. I know he was tied in (officer) - my guess was CIA, but some of these things you never know.

Maybe it's time to "YOU'RE FIRED" to our entire "volunteer" military (which appears to be doing quite well financially) - and build an honorable and honest fighting force that is of the type that returns a wallet when they find one on the ground?

We're screwed. This place is corrupt from top to bottom.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,969,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I guess you missed that Virginia election last month. Lol.
Well, that was because of the Russians wasn't it?

Old 12-03-2017, 11:27 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,604,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The President, by definition, cannot obstruct justice.

Only by Trump's own definition of his powers, is he immune from obstruction charges. What a state of affairs this is, when the most dangerous person to the survival of our country, has occupied its office of president. It's like a parent, who is supposed to nurture and protect its child, who instead tortures and eventually kills it.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:08 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,681,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Wow, I just saw this.

I imagine more damning info like this will continue to trickle out.

Methinks Trump will not make it to 2019 in the WH.
No.. and hopefully sooner. (Of course, then we may have to deal with Pence). Yet, I will say, at least he appears to have brain, has some background and acts more presidential in comparison, such as when visiting disaster sites, etc.

Come on, 2020, when we could get someone stable and experienced. And start all over.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:00 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,130,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I guess you missed that Virginia election last month. Lol.
It does suck. The Left did a great job getting their Northern Virginia loonies to the polls. But not to worry, the State House and Senate will keep the Gov under control.
Russia, Russia, Russia! A year so far and you got nuffin!

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,458,512 times
More #fakenews
Don't believe a word coming out of the MSM it's all twists turns and lies. ALL of it.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:28 AM

13,513 posts, read 17,052,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
The selective quoting and paraphrasing is ridiculous and shameless. Here's a bit more context, from the very same article:

So what he really said is that Obama's sanctions are what threw trump the election.

Here's some more selective quoting for you:
According to Obama, "Trump" "is the greatest" "president" "of all" "time".
Eh, no.
He's basically saying that he's aware Russian actions were effecting the election.

Hard to deny Russian trolls and propaganda had effect when you are saying they could "throw the election".

Old 12-04-2017, 08:29 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,755,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Only by Trump's own definition of his powers, is he immune from obstruction charges. What a state of affairs this is, when the most dangerous person to the survival of our country, has occupied its office of president. It's like a parent, who is supposed to nurture and protect its child, who instead tortures and eventually kills it.
Trump is the only person who can ensure the survival of our country. No other politician would have the courage to put American first. He's like a parent who is making a bunch of spoiled brats eat their vegetables and turn their tablets off at bed time. These children have been eating nothing but pizza and have had no bed time. Naturally the children don't like it and don't understand it, but it's for their own good. They'll thank their Daddy when they grow up.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:29 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,458,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Eh, no.
He's basically saying that he's aware Russian actions were effecting the election.

Hard to deny Russian trolls and propaganda had effect when you are saying they could "throw the election".
No that's not what he said. What you posted is just more #fakenews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies