Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 12:08 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times

Advertisements

I didn't read all 33 pages, my comment is to the OP:

1. He didn't resign....he said in a couple of weeks....wanna bet he doesn't?

2. The only thing I'm surprized about the allegations and photos of him groping are that they are of/from women.

3. I listened to his pablum pouring speech and kept waiting for him to say: "...and doggonnit people like me!".

Old 12-09-2017, 12:08 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
This guy is not resigning.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:25 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
I wouldn't resign either if a Republican was going to replace me. But that's not the case here. This could get really ugly for the Democrats.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
What I really want to know is how much the original woman was paid. Seems like a lot of money is making the rounds. After all, she appears to bump, grind, bend over, expose herself and do everything else for cash - except in the case of the USO stuff where I think they volunteer.

We've obviously entering a New Victorian Age but it only works one way instead of two.

A women makes her living bending over exposing herself serving beer - then pays a surgeon so she can win a contest among the bend-overs, then "graduates" to magazines and radio and sexual innuendo.

And now - we'll never know what her price was. My guess is 2-4 million in one way or another....probably spread out.

Mothers and Fathers - no need to send your kids to college any longer. Let them use their bosoms - enhanced if possible - to make a good living. Sure, there is not much going to happen after 35, but you can clean up before then and if you are frugal like this Victorian example, you can make it for life.
Attached Thumbnails
Al Franken Resigns!-screen-shot-2017-12-09-6.02.55  

Old 12-09-2017, 04:38 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
What I really want to know is how much the original woman was paid. Seems like a lot of money is making the rounds. After all, she appears to bump, grind, bend over, expose herself and do everything else for cash - except in the case of the USO stuff where I think they volunteer.

We've obviously entering a New Victorian Age but it only works one way instead of two.

A women makes her living bending over exposing herself serving beer - then pays a surgeon so she can win a contest among the bend-overs, then "graduates" to magazines and radio and sexual innuendo.

And now - we'll never know what her price was. My guess is 2-4 million in one way or another....probably spread out.

Mothers and Fathers - no need to send your kids to college any longer. Let them use their bosoms - enhanced if possible - to make a good living. Sure, there is not much going to happen after 35, but you can clean up before then and if you are frugal like this Victorian example, you can make it for life.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:47 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I didn't read all 33 pages, my comment is to the OP:

1. He didn't resign....he said in a couple of weeks....wanna bet he doesn't?

2. The only thing I'm surprized about the allegations and photos of him groping are that they are of/from women.

3. I listened to his pablum pouring speech and kept waiting for him to say: "...and doggonnit people like me!".
Agree 100 percent.

What an ego too...dellusional, a real POS.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:57 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Instead of a stupid metoo hash tag, I instruct female relatives that a kick you know where is a much more efficient and effective Behavioral Modification technique.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:41 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
We are definitely living in backwards bizarro world. Larry Craig stayed out his term in the Senate after being arrested for public sex in a mens room - I think it took a year or more for the GOP Nevada Senator who was boffing his best friends wife and throwing around money so everyone would stay quiet - to resign.

Now we have a POTUS who openly admits he assaults women. Yet he is not held to ANY standard and, according to many, is a deeply devout and spiritual man who God sent to lead us out of the wilderness.

The problem with such things is that they bite both ways - and yet they don't seem to. There was no blowback from Bush v. Gore or the Ohio fix in 2004. No blowback from all the GOP hijinks from diapers to standing for nothing. Not even a peep when their ONE real issue (the 20 Trillion) is completely forgotten...and, in fact, added to. Not a peep...

This is why it's very hard to believe that most "conservatives" are anything except authoritarians (authoritarians follow blindly no matter what). If the Fed. Debt was going to kill us instantly before...but now we have to enlarge it to give tax cuts to billionaires? No logic or reason can follow that.

Given the body count, I don't think anyone can claim the GOP is the moral party. I mean - wanting your office workers to get preggy for 5 million, doing the Mens rooms and so much more. I think we can call it even in terms of the sleaze factor of pols of all stripes.

So it leaves a normal person scratching their head except for one thing - the 32% who approve of Trump are very close to the number who approved of GW after the Great Recession, Wars, Divisions, debt, etc.

Sure, those Nazis and KKK and militia - they are just a tiny (1 to 5%) around the edges.

I know one person who has turned into a conservative. I say this because he was non-political except he did burn his draft card...and was always into whatever conspiracy came down the pike. Fox News is, IMHO, what threw him over the edge. Here are the things he believes...with all his heart......

1. PizzaGate was, of course, real.
2. There is a 0% chance that the USA ever got to the moon.
3. We likely come from alien seeds - and such is confirmed in the Bible.
4. Every word of the Bible is literally true (he's not Christian) including the aliens fornicating with early humans.
5. Obama is, of course, a Muslim and all that stuff....
6. Women are vastly inferior as are Muslims and most other people.
7. The world is run by the Masons, who are largely a sex based and pedo cult (which is why there is so much of that stuff in the government, church, etc.). But they also have always possessed magic and knowledge beyond our reach.

I could go on but you get the idea.
Now - if you listen to him, you will agree that a lot of the facts he lays out cannot be disputed. Whether his riffs are 50% true or 70% true, there is truth in them.

So where does that leave us? I think most sane people know this whole "he came on to me" thing is a witch hunt. I also think most people know, in their hearts, that the Russians have more to do than they should with our country.

I'm not sure there ever was a "plot" in conservatism, but one of my theories seems to hold water. This is - that you make things so bad...by stealing, behavior, election of idiots, wasting of money, starting and never-ending of wars and other stuff....so much that it can't be fought against or integrated (most people have other things to do, mind you)....and then, when you are finished ruining government, you announce to the populace that we have a horrible government and it doesn't work and that's why you should elect The devil to give it a try - after all, what do you have to lose?

To make that point shorter, I sincerely think that most of the GOP doesn't care about anything except money and power...and if that is the case, the more chaos that can be created....it benefits your "side". After all, anyone who has ever done both (I have) knows that it is much harder to build things than to demolish them.

So are conservatives simply the wrecking crew? Do they think that if you destroy everything, that somehow a better thing will automatically appear in it's place?

I think liberals and moderates are the true conservatives because they both believe in building upon what you already have. Remodeling instead of demolition.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:18 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I heard at last count there was 7 women. Perhaps they are all just doing this for money but its hard to keep that sort of conspiracy together. So I doubt that.

The democratic party wanted him gone. They look like they are suddenly tough on this kind of behavior and another dem will take his spot at least for the next year. If they pick the right fill in they might hold the seat. A win win. Except for Franken.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:40 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, your statement is nothing but lies. She said she wrote the date - but that Roy Moore still wrote the note and signed it. That is not even close to the false thing you just claimed.
I agree, she only noted when it occurred, that is not forgery. It is amazing how some appear to not have a brain. But some will say anything to defend their sex-abusing, racist, RW heroes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies