Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 09:39 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

"The GOP would rather elect a sexual predator who preys on teenagers than a prosecutor who happens to be a Democrat. That's it, I'm switching parties."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/930454001/

I think becoming an independent is the wiser choice, but I agree with him that between the Republicans and Democrats, only the Democrats are truly interested in creating a government that actually improves people's lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 09:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"The GOP would rather elect a sexual predator who preys on teenagers than a prosecutor who happens to be a Democrat. That's it, I'm switching parties."

I think becoming an independent is the wiser choice, but I agree with him that between the Republicans and Democrats, only the Democrats are truly interested in creating a government that actually improves people's lives.
There will be some openings in the FBI soon, the standards are new and its open to traitors too. They only hire Dems so if he needs a job to go with his new party, there is that to consider.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:07 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Now you want to agree with someone from Breitbart when the wind blows your way... you people simply cannot be taken seriously..

Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
this certainly isn't the first nor will it be the last time someone changes parties. It happens all the time for many reasons. I doubt the public really cares one way or the other.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Now you want to agree with someone from Breitbart when the wind blows your way... you people simply cannot be taken seriously..
No, we agree with someone from Breitbart when they finally see the light and realize they've been rooting for the wrong team. Good for him for having his eyes opened. Let's hope more will follow.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Excellent.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:18 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Since when is someone abandoning Breitbart's stance on issues "agreeing with Brietbart?"

Old 12-08-2017, 10:23 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this certainly isn't the first nor will it be the last time someone changes parties. It happens all the time for many reasons. I doubt the public really cares one way or the other.
It is the first and hopefully the last time that someone changes political parties because the Republican party is supporting a child molester for a US Senate seat. What a steep fall for the once self proclaimed party of family values to now openly support sexual predators for elected positions.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
I didn't say I agree with him. In fact, I specifically said he should have become an independent. But whatever...

The point of posting the story is that it's always interesting when someone who is involved with one extreme or the other changes sides. Normal people understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If no one cared, it wouldn't make the news. Sure, if an anonymous person switches, it doesn't make news, but when a public person changes sides, it's newsworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies