Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should females be allowed to have a choice to abort a fetus?
Yes 276 85.71%
No 46 14.29%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 06:36 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What is it? An infant cat?

My point is the same ...it is called a "fetus" right up until it emerges from the mother during live birth. You may diminish the horror of aborting a child after 20 weeks or just before live birth ("partial birth abortion") by referring to it as a "fetus," but that doesn't change the reality that it is the murder of a child.

Brainwaves are detected very early, and would you please tell me how early a heartbeat is detected?

This is not simply "a blob of cells," as Planned Parenthood likes to say. It has form, and that form is of a human baby, no matter that it is small, and with odd proportions at that stage. It has limbs, hands and feet, and it moves by it's own will. Videos have show that it fights for it's life during an abortion. It is life and it is human life. Because you do not recognize it as life and because it cannot speak for itself, might make you perfectly comfortable with killing it, but it doesn't change the facts. It is not part of the woman's body, even though it resides within it's mother. It is a completely separate human being. An individual, with all the human potential that any living human being has, from the time of conception. Everything about an individual is determined at that instant of conception, from intelligence to physical features. For all we know, an abortion is killing an Albert Einstein, or a great pianist or someone who might find a cure for cancer. Who knows what talent and intelligence we have eliminated through abortion? All for someone's convenience.
After 20 weeks?

Find me a woman who is psychologically healthy and a doctor who is ethical who is going to perform an unneeded abortion after 20 weeks.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
First off, you totally misquoted me. I only wrote the following:

Can you please attribute the rest of the quote to the poster who made it?

And what is wrong with making a father who runs from his family illegal?
As I showed upthread it already is illegal. There are Federal and State laws that require a parents to support their children up to and including jailing them for "running away"...
Next argument.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:46 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
This is always the outlier argument that gets tossed out to shut up those who oppose abortion .. rape and medical reasons. Great! So pass a law that says only rape/incest and medical reasons. *crickets* Pro-abortioners NEVER support it. Oh, they use that argument, but won't ever support it because they want on demand abortions for all.
How about this..you do whatever you want with your body and don't worry about other women unless they ask your advice?

Old 12-30-2017, 08:48 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
As I showed upthread it already is illegal. There are Federal and State laws that require a parents to support their children up to and including jailing them for "running away"...
Next argument.
nope jimj you got that wrong. Men are only jailed for not paying support if they have the means to pay but are intentionally avoiding paying. In some states a man can incur an obligation for child support if he is unemployed but it accrues as arrears, he does not go to jail for not paying what he can't pay. I've been through it with a deadbeat dad, I know how it works.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:52 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy

..... For all we know, an abortion is killing an Albert Einstein, or a great pianist or someone who might find a cure for cancer. Who knows what talent and intelligence we have eliminated through abortion? All for someone's convenience.
That's just the most ignorance reason I've ever heard to promote the Pro-life agenda. For all we know an abortion could also be preventing another Charles Manson, Son of Sam, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Buddy or Zodic Killer from walking the earth.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
After 20 weeks?

Find me a woman who is psychologically healthy and a doctor who is ethical who is going to perform an unneeded abortion after 20 weeks.
I fully admit I'm no expert and so I question why if a pill (RU486 Morning After pill) is available right after unprotected sex or if there's any question about some sort of failure why women even have to consider abortion? Why wouldn't any woman have a few on hand for those unplanned moments?

Aren't they available OTC and not very expensive compared to pregnancy?

Old 12-30-2017, 09:21 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I fully admit I'm no expert and so I question why if a pill (RU486 Morning After pill) is available right after unprotected sex or if there's any question about some sort of failure why women even have to consider abortion? Why wouldn't any woman have a few on hand for those unplanned moments?

Aren't they available OTC and not very expensive compared to pregnancy?
1. Conception can happen during protected sex

2. You can't just pop a pill every time you have sex. I don't believe the MAP is designed for that purpose.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:04 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What is it? An infant cat?

My point is the same ...it is called a "fetus" right up until it emerges from the mother during live birth. You may diminish the horror of aborting a child after 20 weeks or just before live birth ("partial birth abortion") by referring to it as a "fetus," but that doesn't change the reality that it is the murder of a child.

Brainwaves are detected very early, and would you please tell me how early a heartbeat is detected?

This is not simply "a blob of cells," as Planned Parenthood likes to say. It has form, and that form is of a human baby, no matter that it is small, and with odd proportions at that stage. It has limbs, hands and feet, and it moves by it's own will. Videos have show that it fights for it's life during an abortion. It is life and it is human life. Because you do not recognize it as life and because it cannot speak for itself, might make you perfectly comfortable with killing it, but it doesn't change the facts. It is not part of the woman's body, even though it resides within it's mother. It is a completely separate human being. An individual, with all the human potential that any living human being has, from the time of conception. Everything about an individual is determined at that instant of conception, from intelligence to physical features. For all we know, an abortion is killing an Albert Einstein, or a great pianist or someone who might find a cure for cancer. Who knows what talent and intelligence we have eliminated through abortion? All for someone's convenience.
A fetus is potential life. No it is not a cat or anything else. Women are not stupid we know what pregnancy is. Late term abortions are done for medical reasons either because of the mother or the baby. Late term abortions are not done because a woman changed her mind at 8 months along or because she is tired of being fat. worried about killing an Einstein? What about the Manson’s of the world. You mind your uterus and other women will mind their own.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
1. Conception can happen during protected sex

2. You can't just pop a pill every time you have sex. I don't believe the MAP is designed for that purpose.
It may or may not be but that doesn't mean you can't. Sadly only one side of the equation has that option to end it before it really starts so...

Old 12-30-2017, 10:06 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
No politician or church should have control over a woman's body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies