Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 05:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nobody has to pay for a tax cut, you simply cut spending. It’s pretty basic.
Good luck - especially when you ran on the platform of not cutting most of those services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 05:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I agree with you.

Except I want to see the spending cut before tax cuts.

Lower the deficit first, and then we can talk about tax cuts.

Not the other way around.

There ya go, someone with some actual Common Sense.

People that run their personal budget like our government tend to end up in bankruptcy court.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:50 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Hmm....

1. reform defense spending. Stop building giant targets (carriers) and focus on smaller more flexible platforms that are modular. Carriers DO have their place. But we have way too many of them, at way too high of a cost. As a example. But also....we are vastly overpaying for a lot of the hardware.

2. Pretty much anything but what we do now. Every developed country provides comparable healthcare at HALF the cost.

3. Its 127K. And we should apply it to earned and unearned income, at a rate that makes it stable.

4. Im not as sure of this to be honest. Either way it gets paid by people. The far more important one is your next one....

5. This. Some MAJOR companies paid 0 last year. This is wrong.

In addition?
Tax earned and unearned income at the same levels.
I would disagree with this. I would tax unearned income at a higher level than earned income.

Someone working should be able to keep more of their cash versus someone sitting on a pile of cash doing nothing but getting paid out interest every month.
However, I'm not sure if there's even a possible mechanism that can be implemented that rewards savers. Because there are people who are good at saving and can accumulate a pile of cash over the years versus inherited wealth. But I would reward the savers and not the ones who were born into wealth.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans have already made inroads into cutting medicare and Social Security. If you have children you should be ashamed of yourself for being for this tax plan. They will have no safety net when they get old like you do now. Thank the Republicans for that......
I don't think you need to have kids to be ashamed of yourself for supporting this tax plan. It is a plan that will enrich the rich while impoverishing the middle to low income.

for the record i live in WA and the Trumptax means a 5 figure savings for me...yet i am still against it for a number of reasons.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans have already made inroads into cutting medicare and Social Security. If you have children you should be ashamed of yourself for being for this tax plan. They will have no safety net when they get old like you do now. Thank the Republicans for that......
My child won’t need any safety net because she will be taught to be self reliant. And she is being taught that liberalism is evil.

And I don’t need any safety net do I should have the option of not paying into it.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Lack of taxes or spending, take your pick. Regardless this will increase the deficit and will require larger spending cuts or tax increases down the road. Taxes are relatively low now, we should could well afford to increase taxes in this environment beu here we go pouring gasoline on the fire.
Stop welfare in its entirety and defund the UN. Budget balanced.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:22 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
And?

It’s still spending that causes debt.

I want spending cut.
The Rust Belt and Industrial NE will fall further behind.

You increase revenue too.... silly. There are many ways to lower the debt.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:27 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
And?

It’s still spending that causes debt.

I want spending cut.
This is not hard - 10% cuts in budget and personnel to every Agency including the military. Negotiate harder on medicaid costs - especially drug costs using FDA approval/denials to force cuts.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:29 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
They're hunting alright; like blind men in a dark cave. Heading for the pits nearby that they're about to fall through...

Old 12-14-2017, 07:47 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Stop welfare in its entirety and defund the UN. Budget balanced.
Trump just proposed an increase of $700B, how much does the U.N. cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies