Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 02:30 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times

Advertisements

Trump has his own style of delivery. No one else should try this.
Although most sane people will agree with what he says, only the insane ones should try to say it this way. Read it aloud for best effect.

Late 2015 in South Carolina:
So Obama's always talking about global warming, that global warming is our biggest and most dangerous problem, OK? No, no, think of it. I mean, even if you're a believer in global warming, ISIS is a big problem, Russia's a problem, China's a problem. We've got lots of problems. By The way, the maniac in North Korea is a problem. He actually has nuclear weapons, right? That's a problem.
We've got lots of problems. We've got lots of problems. That's right, we don't win any more. He said we want to win. But we don't win anymore. We're going to win a lot - if I get elected, we're going to win a lot.

We're going to win so much you're all going to get sick and tired of winning. You're going to say, Oh no, not again. I'm only kidding. You never get tired of winning, right. Never.

But think of it. So Obama's talking about all of this with global warming and the - a lot of it's a hoax, it's a hoax. I mean, it's a money making industry, OK? It's a hoax, a lot of it. And look, I want clean air and clean water. That's my global - I want clean, clean crystal water and I want clean air. And we can do that, but we don't have to destroy our business, and we don't have to destroy -
And by the way, China isn't abiding anything. They're buying our coal; we can't use coal anymore essentially. They're buying our coal and they're using it. Now when you talk about the planet, it's so big out there - we're here, they're there, it's like they're our next door neighbor, right in terms of the universe.........
Trump To Remove Climate Change From List Of National Security Threats

Trump has now removed global warming from the list of national security threats. It should never have been there in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 PM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Trump is the best pragmatist in history. That's why he has such dislike for Obama. Obama is the opposite of a pragmatist.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:54 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Did you just call Trump insane?

Old 12-15-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Did you just call Trump insane?
Nah. You'd be crazy to try to imitate him. That's what I'm saying.

Trump has it wired together. He just has a funny way of saying things. I don't think he'll be giving The Queen an iPod with all his speeches recorded and pictured. That's what Obama did. Now THAT'S crazy!

Old 12-15-2017, 03:10 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump has his own style of delivery. No one else should try this.
Although most sane people will agree with what he says, only the insane ones should try to say it this way. Read it aloud for best effect.

Late 2015 in South Carolina:
So Obama's always talking about global warming, that global warming is our biggest and most dangerous problem, OK? No, no, think of it. I mean, even if you're a believer in global warming, ISIS is a big problem, Russia's a problem, China's a problem. We've got lots of problems. By The way, the maniac in North Korea is a problem. He actually has nuclear weapons, right? That's a problem.
We've got lots of problems. We've got lots of problems. That's right, we don't win any more. He said we want to win. But we don't win anymore. We're going to win a lot - if I get elected, we're going to win a lot.

We're going to win so much you're all going to get sick and tired of winning. You're going to say, Oh no, not again. I'm only kidding. You never get tired of winning, right. Never.

But think of it. So Obama's talking about all of this with global warming and the - a lot of it's a hoax, it's a hoax. I mean, it's a money making industry, OK? It's a hoax, a lot of it. And look, I want clean air and clean water. That's my global - I want clean, clean crystal water and I want clean air. And we can do that, but we don't have to destroy our business, and we don't have to destroy -
And by the way, China isn't abiding anything. They're buying our coal; we can't use coal anymore essentially. They're buying our coal and they're using it. Now when you talk about the planet, it's so big out there - we're here, they're there, it's like they're our next door neighbor, right in terms of the universe.........
Trump To Remove Climate Change From List Of National Security Threats

Trump has now removed global warming from the list of national security threats. It should never have been there in the first place.

SecDef Mattis disagrees.

Trump

Old 12-15-2017, 03:12 PM

There are only small shreds of anything resembling coherence (or anything funny) in there. I mean...you don’t have to resort to jumbled world salad to be talking plainly like a “regular” person. I just don’t get the appeal of a President where his WH has to continually try to explain what he actually meant. And no, not a liberal.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
SecDef Mattis disagrees.

Trump
So? Who da President?
Mattis wants to set that policy, he should run for president.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
There are only small shreds of anything resembling coherence (or anything funny) in there. I mean...you don’t have to resort to jumbled world salad to be talking plainly like a “regular” person. I just don’t get the appeal of a President where his WH has to continually try to explain what he actually meant. And no, not a liberal.
Didn't you understand what he meant?
Seems pretty plain to me.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Didn't you understand what he meant?
Seems pretty plain to me.
It’s not really plain when it could have been said something like... “I believe global warming is a money-making hoax. China isn’t doing anything about it. We have other pressing problems too” I mean...I gleaned that much as what I think he is talking about, but look at all of the half formed sentences and numerous repetitions used to say that.

There are eloquent speakers out there. There are also everyday Joes who can at least parse sentences and get their point across. Then there is this...style. Ineffective, to say the least.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:23 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
So? Who da President?
Mattis wants to set that policy, he should run for president.

Nah, good for him refusing to be a toady for some jackass.

This may shock you but "da President" is a pathological liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies