Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 04:42 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times

Advertisements

I guess Donald Trump will solve this by deporting immigrants and bringing manufacturing and coal back.

A journey through a land of extreme poverty: welcome to America

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ial-rapporteur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 05:12 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Hell of an article.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:28 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I guess Donald Trump will solve this by deporting immigrants and bringing manufacturing and coal back.

I guess posting an article on the extreme poverty in California, liberal utopia, is just disingenuous.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:32 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I guess posting an article on the extreme poverty in California, liberal utopia, is just disingenuous.
You should have read on to the part about Alabama, conservative utopia.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:34 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:

TRUE: California has the nation

Politifact: TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living

"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."

Old 12-17-2017, 05:35 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Every country has their drug addicted and mentally unstable poor...the US is no exception. I just got back from 2 weeks in the financial district of London and drugged out street people were sleeping on the streets passed out there too.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:38 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,192 times
Give me a BREAK! This issue has nothing to do with politics! Just skimming down through the article, it’s easy to see these are examples of losers! Drug addiction, prostitution, unfit parenting, and plain old laziness!
People make horrible choices and one bad decision after another, expecting a different outcome. Or- expecting to guilt the rest of us. Ridiculous!

Old 12-17-2017, 05:58 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Give me a BREAK! This issue has nothing to do with politics! Just skimming down through the article, it’s easy to see these are examples of losers! Drug addiction, prostitution, unfit parenting, and plain old laziness!
People make horrible choices and one bad decision after another, expecting a different outcome. Or- expecting to guilt the rest of us. Ridiculous!
Surprised you didn't blame the "globalists." Trump supporters blame bankers for the opioid crisis.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:04 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:

"I guess Donald Trump will solve this by..."

Why didn't Obama and the dem controlled Congress solve it when THEY were in charge?

Oh, wait, this just came to be when Trump was elected.

It is amazing the stories many on the left come up with blaming Trump and the repubs and TOTALLY IGNORED the issue when the dems were in control!

Wait, this CAN'T BE, "We are in Los Angeles," the liberal run la-la land and they tell us they CARE about the down trodden soooo much.

Their policies and programs are to help and IMPROVE EVEBODY.

And Ca is the Utopia capitol of the world.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:06 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Where was Obama the last 8 years before Trump?

500 million taxpayer dollars lost just on Solyndra, which was deemed a good investment. With that kind of financial acumen and having Jon Corzine as a trusted go to guy in matters money, the country would have been cleansed of E-poverty.

Okay so let's quantify the E-poverty and see if it got worse or better in the last 8 years, 20 years. Where is it going and what have done to get it there? Question is, should we do more of the same or change tactics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies