Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 08:37 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON — The Republican tax bill does not pass the postcard test.
It leaves nearly every large tax break in place. It creates as many new preferences for special interests as it gets rid of. It will keep corporate accountants busy for years to come. And no taxpayer will ever see the postcard-size tax return that President Trump laid a kiss on in November as Republican leaders launched their tax overhaul effort.
This was not the grand simplification of the code that Republicans promised when they set out to eliminate tax breaks and cut the number of tax brackets as they lowered rates.
File Your Taxes on a Postcard? A G.O.P. Promise Marked Undeliverable

Another ASININE promise from the "MORON IN CHIEF"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 08:46 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
I’ll show Trump my postcard tax return if he shows me his …………………

Old 12-17-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’ll show Trump my postcard tax return if he shows me his …………………

Old 12-17-2017, 09:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
So when millions who don't itemize file on a postcard size piece of paper what will happen ?

What if its just a single sheet form EASY TO UNDERSTAND and no tax preparer needed ?

I don't see people being upset about.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So when millions who don't itemize file on a postcard size piece of paper what will happen ?

What if its just a single sheet form EASY TO UNDERSTAND and no tax preparer needed ?

I don't see people being upset about.

Obviously you didn't read the article, that ASININE promise was just 'more smoke-blowing'.... by the LYING-MAD-MAN SQUATTING in our White House!

Old 12-17-2017, 09:12 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
It leaves nearly every large tax break in place. It creates as many new preferences for special interests as it gets rid of. It will keep corporate accountants busy for years to come. And no taxpayer will ever see the postcard-size tax return that President Trump laid a kiss on in November as Republican leaders launched their tax overhaul effort.
This was not the grand simplification of the code that Republicans promised when they set out to eliminate tax breaks and cut the number of tax brackets as they lowered rates.

The house & the senate came up with this tax bill, not Trump.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post

DUH.... but it was the ORANGE-MORON who made those ASININE PROMISES!

Old 12-17-2017, 09:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
DUH.... but it was the ORANGE-MORON who made those ASININE PROMISES!
You mean like, "You can keep your doctor"?

Old 12-17-2017, 09:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
He’ll take credit for giving everyone a tax cut, it was one of his campaign promises!

Old 12-17-2017, 09:19 PM

25,576 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:

Swing and a miss, Autumn.

The reason - the only reason - people will file on postcard forms is because the standard deduction has been raised from 6,350 to 12,000 for single, and 12,700 to 24,000 for joint returns.

Everyone knows the usual deductions are available, but the vast majority of people will no longer itemize because it won't make sense.

I know, I know......... Moron, Liar, Bigot, Racist, and all that stuff.
Quote:
The House measure did take one significant step toward simplifying the process for some taxpayers. It nearly doubled the standard deduction, a decision that stuck through every version of the legislation, including the final one. Because of this change, congressional staff members project, only 6 percent of Americans will itemize their tax returns, down from 30 percent now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies