Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 08:09 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times

Advertisements

I've met T.J. in person over a dozen times. He's very soft-spoken and kind... or at least, he was to me. I hope these allegations are false because I truly like him as a person and have a hard time believing he'd be so brutal toward anyone. But meeting someone a dozen times doesn't mean actually knowing them and I know this.

He had a genetic arteriovenous brain malformation that caused him to behave erratically before having surgery that saved his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 08:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Can you imagine if all the members of the Rat Pack were still alive?

Old 12-19-2017, 08:12 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I wonder if he could be Obama's son, if he had one.
WHAT???????

Relevance?

Old 12-19-2017, 08:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Disney will fire him from voicing Big Hero 6 The Series too. He plays Fred.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
known for the show Sillicon Valley and his role in the movie Deadpool

I expect him to get fired from Silicon Valley and have his Deadpool role cut and recast
He left Silicon Valley at the end of last season

Old 12-19-2017, 10:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Here is TJ Miller's response to the allegations:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc5A8cPADAS/

To summarize, there is a picture of Miller and his wife in obvious solidarity. According to Miller, this woman tried to break him and his now-wife up when they were in college. The accuser later was acting crazy toward him and then kicked out of the comedy troupe for it.

That's a fairly compelling response, if what he says proves factual. Miller's wife was an apparent witness. It can further be fairly easily confirmed with his former comedy troupe.

That's a lot of evidence against one person's claim of a long ago rape.

If this evidence ends up discrediting Miller's accuser, it will go a long way to shutting down this medieval style witch-hunt for anyone from supposed rapists to men who mob-media-empowered women decide that they do not like (perhaps Miller).

The media's current mode of operation, in the social sphere through the political sphere, is to act as de facto judge and jury that generally demands that someone is assumed guilty and proven innocent; often from a starting point of hearsay.

Our current legal and social system went through several millenia of very painful refinements that led us to what we have today. Its precious.

The current media is taking us back to the dark ages by making an end run around our system in a manner that has its ideological compatriots, or even companies who are scared of the media, impose perhaps permanent real world economic penalties for people who are merely accused.

This also occurs when anyone breaks one of the Left's ever evolving social taboos. The media then moves to defame in a manner that has lasting social stigma and the associated penalties.

None of this should be legal. If we are to have a society that seeks justice for all, then the legal system must be the only system that can impose penalties.

Personas with undergraduate degrees, pens, a lack of a sense of the social and legal benefits of process, and what seems to be a frenzied state of mob justice can not be our judges and juries. There has to be legislation that prevents the loss of work for accusations, and moreover that limits media defamation until a trial can take place. If there is no basis for a trial, then there is no basis for the media defamation.

The effective prosecution system is currently skewed away from process, and badly. This needs to be corrected, rapists or no rapists, lest we lose our system for something that is much more crude, violent, and injust.

If anything, this backwards social process is outing a large and socially fatal media loophole that needs to be closed as soon as possible, and I believe that it eventually will be because the mob may now start to meet the crazy that it is empowering and, aslo, mobs are notorious for being unable to stop themselves at a point of reason. They will (and are) over-shooting their power, and the nation's tolerance for them, and there will eventually be considerable legal backlash.

As an aside, in the first sentence of this paragraph I had mentioned that this social process is "backwards". That is because we've been through this before, at the cost of countless lives who have needlessly been either snuffed out or excommunicated as scapegoats due to mob justice, and as such the gaping justice flaws in the current media stoked system are painfully obvious to all but he mob.

Last edited by golgi1; 12-19-2017 at 10:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies