Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 06:22 PM

78,427 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
Irregardless its funny to hear people who love censorship and discrimination as long as its done by a "Private" business whatever that means, I am sure we will be seeing the overturning of the civil rights act of 1964 and "private" business owners having the right to choose who they serve and discriminate
LOL...you do realize that you just invented a new "protected class" in your argument right?

Homeopaths.

So basically, what you just did was declare their views as so critically astute and important that they should be compared with blacks, women and others that needed federal protection so that people would let them eat lunch at their business, hire them...that sort of thing.

So, that means you've elevated THOSE views above any other views that might differ.

Yet you then complain about censorship and discrimination of views after trying to make the views you like protected and supported under federal law.

P.S. Censorship doesn't apply to public business and no, rubbing a healing crystal or iguana droppings on that sick burn I just laid on you won't really help. Well actually, it will help the people that sold it to you.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I told you about the Twitter and Facebook censorship plots orchestrated by groups like Media Matters and the social media giants. Also, Youtube is censoring conservative videos, especially PragerU videos. That Pinterest is now censoring people does not surprise me.
They are violating the first amendment.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:24 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
They are violating the first amendment.
They are not.

I implore you to read the first amendment in full.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:48 PM

689 posts, read 973,897 times
This conversation is going to an interesting place. Let's be clear, Pinterest may be privately owned - as newspapers and every other media are - but they source from nearly every 'public' blog and web page on the Internet. Furthermore, 100 percent of their revenue comes from this public domain and they have a vast influence on their users which number in the millions.

As I may have mentioned earlier, all of my Pinterest boards are private - all of the info I gather is strictly for my own use. I have no reason to post the articles in question for your debate and scrutiny. In summary, one article discusses a large study performed in the Netherlands which analyzed the effectiveness of mammograms in saving lives from breast cancer. The second article (which I pinned months ago and is suddenly locked) discusses the early history of the Polio vaccination. Both of these articles used viable, published research.

These topics are, of course, controversial within the mainstream medical industrial complex and, therefore, those who question the status quo are considered suspect. However, last I heard, we're still living in a free country. BTW, I have many other alternative/holistic articles on my Pinterest board that have remained open. This one website has caught their attention for some reason.

This is only the tip of the ice burg and with the end of net neutrality, there's surely much more to come.

Last edited by LaylaM; 12-20-2017 at 09:52 PM..

Old 12-20-2017, 09:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
This conversation is going to an interesting place. Let's be clear, Pinterest may be privately owned - as newspapers and every other media are - but they source from nearly every 'public' blog and web page on the Internet. Furthermore, 100 percent of their revenue comes from this public domain and they have a vast influence on their users which number in the millions.

As I may have mentioned earlier, all of my Pinterest boards are private - all of the info I gather is strictly for my own use. I have no reason to post the articles in question for your debate and scrutiny. In summary, one article discusses a large study performed in the Netherlands which analyzed the effectiveness of mammograms in saving lives from breast cancer. The second article (which I pinned months ago and is suddenly locked) discusses the early history of the Polio vaccination. Both of these articles used viable, published research.

These topics are, of course, controversial within the mainstream medical industrial complex and, therefore, considered suspect.
However, last I heard, we're still living in a free country. BTW, I have many other alternative/holistic articles on my Pinterest board that have remained open. This one website has caught their attention but I'm sure there will be more to come.

Lastly, whether you care for my subject matter is not the issue. This is only the tip of the ice burg and when it comes your way - which it will - you'll be singing a different tune.
It's a private company. Start your own.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:24 AM

272 posts, read 134,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LOL...you do realize that you just invented a new "protected class" in your argument right?

Homeopaths.

So basically, what you just did was declare their views as so critically astute and important that they should be compared with blacks, women and others that needed federal protection so that people would let them eat lunch at their business, hire them...that sort of thing.

So, that means you've elevated THOSE views above any other views that might differ.

Yet you then complain about censorship and discrimination of views after trying to make the views you like protected and supported under federal law.

P.S. Censorship doesn't apply to public business and no, rubbing a healing crystal or iguana droppings on that sick burn I just laid on you won't really help. Well actually, it will help the people that sold it to you.
You are making that up, I never mentioned homeopathic medicine and neither did the op in the original post. I took a guess it might be vaccines the op was talking about but I didnt know, it was never mentioned

The question is what and who are "protected classes" and why does the court discriminate in their favor over other groups?

If people are so in favor of businesses being able to discriminate than why arent we overturning the greatest gift to statism in the 20th century in the US , the 1964 civil rights act?

Title 2 of the civil rights act outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin in hotels, motels, restaurants, theaters, and all other public accommodations. So basically the government is dictating exactly what businesses must do and who they must serve?

These fake libertarians in silicon valley have no problem screaming censorship and "keep the internet free" during the whole sopa/pipa days when it might cost them money with helping piracy, yet now are censoring the internet of stuff they consider right wing or controversial.

Twitter just banned amren and jared taylor, a 66 year old yale graduate and a guy with an MA from Paris, a former editor of PC magazine for being a "white supremacist" and associating with violent gangs. Lol

Youtube banning videos left and right for right wing political content

Media matters tried to censor breitbart and it now one of the most popular web sites in the united states

Its funny how the censors always seem to fail

Last edited by floridapilot; 12-21-2017 at 01:33 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 01:43 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
If conservative content is blocked, I will just shrug and say "hey, they got their net neutrality".

Old 12-21-2017, 01:59 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times

not surprising to see all the libs in here saying their site their rules even though thats completely hypocritical of the stance they took about the baker refusing to make the cake for the gay wedding, isn't that his store his rules?

Old 12-21-2017, 02:07 AM

272 posts, read 134,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post

not surprising to see all the libs in here saying their site their rules even though thats completely hypocritical of the stance they took about the baker refusing to make the cake for the gay wedding, isn't that his store his rules?
No, of course they would tell the customer wanting the cake to form their own bakery.lol

Sexual orientation is not a "protected class" under the civil rights act, yet.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post

It's the same stance I took.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies