Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 04:46 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Possible Constitutional crisis in the making. DD FBI McCabe did not answer truthfully & congress has documents to prove it.

In simple terms he lied or those on the committee believes he wasn't telling the truth.

They have to take an oath to tell the truth and the whole truth. Not evade the truth or try to get around it.

Can't lie to the FBI and the FBI can't lie to congress. They can't seem to meet the standards expected of citizens.

When ask about the dossier he had a problem and his answer didn't match the documents.

In the course of government, the crisis results when one or more of the parties to a political dispute willfully chooses to violate a law of the constitution; or to flout an unwritten constitutional convention; or to dispute the correct, legal interpretation of the violated constitutional law or of the flouted political custom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_crisis

Last edited by phma; 12-20-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 05:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Possible Constitutional crisis in the making. DD FBI McCabe did not answer truthfully & congress has documents to prove it.

In simple terms he lied or those on the committee believes he wasn't telling the truth.

They have to take an oath to tell the truth and the whole truth. Not evade the truth or try to get around it.

Can't lie to the FBI and the FBI can't lie to congress. They can't seem to meet the standards expected of citizens.

When ask about the dossier he had a problem and his answer didn't match the documents.

In the course of government, the crisis results when one or more of the parties to a political dispute willfully chooses to violate a law of the constitution; or to flout an unwritten constitutional convention; or to dispute the correct, legal interpretation of the violated constitutional law or of the flouted political custom.

https://www.thenation.com/article/th...tional-crisis/
The Director of National Intelligence "LIED" to Congress - James Clapper
The Director of the CIA "LIED" to Congress - John Brennan
The US Attorney General "LIED" to Congress - Eric Holder

And those 3 above didn't even bother to use the Standard "I'm about to LIE" words with are:
"I don't Recall".

Those are exactly the words that DD Director McCabe used - yeah, he LIED and they KNOW he LIED
It's hardly a "Constitution Crisis" ...... it's just Standard Operating Procedure for Leftists.
The Leftists believe that "Rules" and Laws are for the Deplorables, the Little People, the Bitter Clingers, the folks that pay their Salaries ...... not for them, they are the ELITE, the Privileged who can do anything they want.

It won't even be a real "Constitutional Crisis" if we find out that there was a Leftist Conspiracy by these folks to take down the President of the United States - it will be just more Crooks that get a nice Orange Suit.

Catching a Crook is not a "Constitutional Crisis" ..... it's Law and Order.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:17 PM

No links available yet.
Count on it, they will be coming when available.
Shouldn't take to long if journalist can remember how to write.

Besides if we are playing by the rules of the left my opinion is all that is necessary.

One side of the story is all that is necessary.

Trust me I will get to the bottom of it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-23-2017 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-20-2017, 05:27 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
I sense a lame attempt to cause confusion on what a real Constitutional Crisis is. To downplay what will occur if Trump fires Mueller.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:36 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
No links available yet.
Count on it, they will be coming when available.
Shouldn't take to long if journalist can remember how to write.

Besides if we are playing by the rules of the left my opinion is all that is necessary.

One side of the story is all that is necessary.

Trust me I will get to the bottom of it.
Relax. The worst that happens is Congress issues subpoenas, DOJ/FBI officials refuse to answer, and there are typical legal maneuvers to decide separation of power issues. I'm figuring you're talking about this:

McCabe draws blank on Democrats

Old 12-20-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I sense a lame attempt to cause confusion on what a real Constitutional Crisis is. To downplay what will occur if Trump fires Mueller.
Trump doesn't need to fire Mueller. If Mueller does the right thing he will recuse himself. Also if DAG Rosenstein does his job he will fire Mueller or tell him to end the witch hunt bringing it to conclusion.

Stop relying on President Trump to do all the heavy lifting. The people he hired have to do their job.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:42 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,222,561 times
Regardless of whether McCabe lied or told the truth it would not be a constitutional crisis. If he lied it would be wrongdoing by a government official. That is not even close to the level of a constitutional crisis.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Relax. The worst that happens is Congress issues subpoenas, DOJ/FBI officials refuse to answer, and there are typical legal maneuvers to decide separation of power issues. I'm figuring you're talking about this:

McCabe draws blank on Democrats
Actually no. The story is progressing beyond that link and it's being reported that what happened behind close doors is McCabe is in essence obstructing congress by not being truthful.
That seems to be where its at currently.

One reason for the closed door testimony is they don't want the answers of one witness to effect the testimony of future witnesses they will subpoena. That makes sense. Its slow but progress it seems is being made.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Regardless of whether McCabe lied or told the truth it would not be a constitutional crisis. If he lied it would be wrongdoing by a government official. That is not even close to the level of a constitutional crisis.
I would agree with that if it was only one or two people lying at the FBI. That's why I said "possible" in the thread title.

There is going to be more lying IMO and maybe more lying than telling of the truth. Which is what is normally the case in a cover-up.
Eventually someone is going to be charged and start to cooperate for the reduced sentence. The majority on the left would agree with me on that I'm sure. Its what they have been saying for a long time now about the Russia, Russia, Russia story.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

It use to be swinging from the gallows.... What is the equivalent today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies