Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 07:57 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
He was just the champion for both "the poor" & "free" college tuition during his campaign - which is Berea College all in one.

You're 100% correct.

It's the Grand Dragon's "rule".

Affectionately named "The Byrd Rule".

Which really doesn't matter..because Bernie was only looking for a peeing match & won. His wife destroyed a college, maybe he wasn't aware of what she was doing.
Maybe? I mean considering he wasn't aware of things like reality and economics, I'd say that its highly likely that there are many other things he was/is completely clueless about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 08:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So, you have no defense for Saint Bernie ruining the lives of needy college students. Gotcha.
Mr. Sanders, as the ranking member of the Budget Committee, challenged the provision as a clear carve-out for an institution from Mr. McConnell’s home state. The Senate parliamentarian agreed, ruling that the language violated Senate budget rules that prohibit “extraneous matters” and policymaking on bills that use a special procedure to avoid filibusters.

The carve-out for Berea College was one of three items which failed to meet the Byrd rule. By forcing the Senate to drop the language, Sanders made it necessary for the House to vote on the bill a 2nd time this morning. Tuesday, Sanders and Ron Wyden released a joint statement saying, “In the mad dash to provide tax breaks for their billionaire campaign contributors, our Republican colleagues forgot to comply with the rules of the Senate.”

It seems he was following the rules, unlike the Republicans. Who wrote the bill?

Old 12-21-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Like Pelosi, Bernie must have beginnings of senior demetia.
Trump is in the late stages of dementia.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:02 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Sanders is a greedy crook and a spineless wimp who was to much of a wuss to stand up to Hillary. But he took a hefty bribe to shut up and let her have the nomination. That was on top of all the money his wife stole from the college she ran.
Wait- like the college Trump stole from too?

http://www.businessinsider.com/class...action-2014-10

Old 12-21-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump is in the late stages of dementia.
I don't like Trump, but this is pure partisan ignorance on your part. Just be honest, you hate him, thats fine, I don't like him either, but making **** up makes your case incredibly weak.

https://www.unforgettable.org/blog/l...ht-you-expect/

Quote:
Four symptoms of late stage dementia
1. Increased frailty
Weight loss and other health issues, such as arthritis or a stroke, can lead the person you're caring for to become increasingly frail and less mobile. Many people with dementia also gradually lose the ability to walk – they may start shuffling or prefer to stay seated most of the time.

2. Total reliance on others
They will need lots of help with eating, dressing, washing and using the loo. In fact, this may be too much for you to cope with yourself and you might find it's time to consider other options such as a care home.

3. Problems communicating
Their verbal skills could now be very limited but it's important to allow them to talk anyway if they want to, and for you to continue talking to them as you normally would. They may try to communicate in other ways if that's easier. For example, some people may give clues through body language or facial expressions as to how they're feeling.

4. Severe memory loss
Even memories from childhood which were once so vivid may now seem hazy and they're becoming increasingly disorientated. For example, believing they are newly married, or that you are their child not their partner.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Actually the defense of Bernie Sanders is very easy.

Republicans are the ones who passed a bill to tax endowments, not Bernie Sanders.

Republicans are the ones who broke their own rules to give 1 college an exception, not Bernie Sanders.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't like Trump, but this is pure partisan ignorance on your part. Just be honest, you hate him, thats fine, I don't like him either, but making **** up makes your case incredibly weak.

https://www.unforgettable.org/blog/l...ht-you-expect/
This entire thread is mostly pure made up ignorance.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This entire thread is mostly pure made up ignorance.
Honestly, it freaks me out when we agree on something...I'm just going to drink the rest of the alcohol I have on hand because the world is clearly about to end. Cheers!

Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Honestly, it freaks me out when we agree on something...I'm just going to drink the rest of the alcohol I have on hand because the world is clearly about to end. Cheers!
Cheers.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:37 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
I would much rather have Bernie as President than the Liar in Chief we have now. Trump lies for a living . He wants to be a strong man dictator like his buddy Putin. When Trump says “believe me” watch out. Another lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies