Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 12:45 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,310,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Another angle on the hit, and not edited out of context. Shows what leads up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGliwrZtFYI
Crazy people.

Run around with masks, knives, video cameras and megaphones looking for trouble and eventually you're going to find it .

Still commies are evil are dangerous . I could almost maybe feel sorry for the guy if

A) he wasn't spouting pro communist nonsense
B) he didn't immediately pull a knife
C) he wasn't wearing a mask
D) he didn't go out looking for a confrontation in the first place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
It's state run media, tavarisch...
And our mainstream media isn't ran by the state?

Old 12-25-2017, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
RT is the same "news" outlet that claimed some restaurant in NYC created a special hamburger just for Putin's birthday as well as countless other lies that have been debunked. Personally, I agree with Pascal Bonnamour's assessment of RT, and even Russian officials refer to it as a propaganda machine.

That's not even the point. I'm pretty sure you would have gotten the same reaction from posters here if one of the fat slobs from PP had run in front of the truck. You seem to think that anyone who objected is a commie or a commie sympathizer (you certainly use those terms a lot), but the objection wasn't about politics. And expressing regret that someone didn't get hurt worse than they did could be seen as a promotion of violence.

Never said they didn't. But wishing it were even worse crosses the line between appreciating a good dose of karma and losing the grip on common human decency.

Didn't hear where the kid was "inciting violence," either. He seemed unstable and weird, but he wasn't calling for violence. Just so you know, he's not reflective of the majority of Oregonians who are sickened by this so-called Christian group. I doubt you have a clue as to how much the city has recently suffered because of this group, and they have a lot of nerve showing their faces in public.
Touché. I'm not defending the crazy Christian group in any way. I think everyone who has time to protest should get a job.

I do hope the evil commie kid is ultimately OK. Maybe it knocked some sense and personal freedom and responsibility into him.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:09 AM

9,473 posts, read 10,818,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I hope the truck was all right.
I was worried about the truck too. seriously I hope this moron learned his lesson. Never step out in front of bourgeois trucks lol. These antifa clowns are a stain upon America, and this one almost ended up a stain literally.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:07 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The same place Trump has his MAGA hats made. The irony!
Incorrect. Those hats are made in the USA.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Didn't hear where the kid was "inciting violence," either. He seemed unstable and weird, but he wasn't calling for violence. ....
He was carrying a concealed weapon.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:20 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He was carrying a concealed weapon.
Which is not against the law in Oregon unless the knife is of a specified type:

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

The funny part is that you and others in this thread seem to think that Antifa were the only 'thugs' involved. You should read up on the trash who call themselves "Patriot Prayer" it sure doesn't look like they show up to peacefully demonstrate, does it?

Old 12-25-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Which is not against the law in Oregon unless the knife is of a specified type:
Based on the photo and and the statute that you cite, he was breaking the concealed weapons law.

The irony is delicious considering who was breaking said law. (on so many levels)

Old 12-25-2017, 09:35 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Based on the photo and and the statute that you cite, he was breaking the concealed weapons law.

The irony is delicious considering who was breaking said law. (on so many levels)
What kind of knife is it?

And then you can figure out a way to defend this fine PP thug carrying a gun to a demonstration https://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...e-was-arrested

Old 12-25-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What kind of knife is it?
Combat knife strapped above his ass crack.

It only points out the idiocy of such laws and the hypocrisy of those who push for them.

If you want to argue this knife was there for any other purpose than to hurt someone else, then.. that's on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies