Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 07:57 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,977,786 times

Advertisements

How come so many that are against Communism are not out protesting against Corporations and Big Business that are in bed with Communist China? You do know that this benefits the Communist Government?

About 33 percent of the business and the majority of all Big Business is owned and run by the Communist Government.

When there is money to made, we will overlook Communism in other countries.

https://www.export.gov/article?id=Ch...ed-Enterprises

Quote:
China has approximately 150,000 SOEs, of which around 50,000 (33 percent) are owned by the central government and the remainder by local governments. The central government directly controls and manages 102 strategic SOEs through the State Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC), of which 66 are listed on stock exchanges domestically and/or internationally. SOEs, both central and local, account for 30 to 40 percent of total GDP and about 20 percent of China’s total employment. The percentage of SOE revenue spent on research and development is unknown. SOEs can be found in all sectors of the economy, from tourism to heavy industries.

China’s leading SOEs benefit from preferential government policies aimed at developing bigger and stronger “national champions.” SOEs enjoy favored access to essential economic inputs (land, hydrocarbons, finance, telecoms, and electricity) and exercise considerable power in markets like steel and minerals. SOEs have long enjoyed preferential access to credit and the ability to issue publicly traded equity and debt. SOEs also are not subject to the same tax burdens as their private sector competitors. According to some Chinese academics, provincial governments have used their power to manipulate industrial policies and deny operating licenses to domestic and foreign investors in order to persuade reluctant owners to sell out to bigger, state-owned suitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 08:02 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,977,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Looks like an instrument of capitalism bought by money from capitalism just made a statement. With a resounding thud.

May that idiot not get medical help from a capitalist insurance system or care from a for profit hospital.

Morons.
The item was probably made in Communist China who produce a lot of our goods.
The same place Trump has his MAGA hats made. The irony!

Old 12-24-2017, 08:10 PM

3,660 posts, read 3,807,203 times
The incident happened in Vancouver, WA on Sept 10 of this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ceful-rallies/

Police in Vancouver Detain Man for Nearly Running Down Antifa Protesters With His Truck - Willamette Week

Old 12-24-2017, 08:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,944,151 times
The incident described in the OP isn't the same as the Vancouver incident in Sept.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,950,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I hope the truck was all right.
I hate it whenever I run some idiot over with my truck. Leaves a dent every time.

Just installed a Boss Hog bumper hope that takes care of the problem.

Unless it is Halloween I have little sympathy for a man who masks his face.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:23 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,333,630 times
Wow, I didn't expect quite so many commie lovers and sympathizers on here. Scary.

Still not quite sure how I'm the bad guy here. After all I wasn't the masked thug in the street, purposely trying to incite violence. Ironically, the mask probably contributed to this accident by partially blocking his view of the oncoming truck.

If it's any consolation prize, I'd feel the same if any masked protester inciting violence, including trump loving white supremacist far right crazies, were hit by a truck while being an idiot and running into traffic.

The fact that he was a self proclaimed communist and violent evil Antifa member was a nice touch though .

Old 12-24-2017, 08:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,944,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post

Still not quite sure how I'm the bad guy here. After all I wasn't the masked thug in the street, purposely trying to incite violence. Ironically, the mask probably contributed to this accident by partially blocking his view of the oncoming truck.
No, you weren't the masked thug in the street...you're the anonymous guy behind a keyboard posting stuff from RT.com.

Quote:
If it's any consolation prize, I'd feel the same if any masked protester inciting violence, including trump loving white supremacist far right crazies, were hit by a truck while being an idiot and running into traffic.
Here's a consolation prize for you -- I'd be just as wtf about your post if the guy had been from the "patriot" group.

Perhaps you should research the Patriot Prayer bunch a bit before you talk about "inciting violence."

Good thing for the driver of that little truck it wasn't one of the Patriot Prayer bunch who ran out in front of it; truck would be totalled kinda like what happens up there when someone hits a moose.

There's plenty of videos on the internets of white trump trash making asinine fools of themselves, so I'll be waiting for you to post them.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-24-2017 at 09:28 PM..

Old 12-24-2017, 09:12 PM

39,946 posts, read 26,662,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I hate it whenever I run some idiot over with my truck. Leaves a dent every time.

Just installed a Boss Hog bumper hope that takes care of the problem.

Unless it is Halloween I have little sympathy for a man who masks his face.
Worst part is when a protester gets wrapped up in your driveshaft. They are a real mess to clean up and make the truck smell like sh*t for a week.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:17 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,285,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The item was probably made in Communist China who produce a lot of our goods.
The same place Trump has his MAGA hats made. The irony!
It was a Nissan. Probably made in Tennessee.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:20 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,285,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Worst part is when a protester gets wrapped up in your driveshaft. They are a real mess to clean up and make the truck smell like sh*t for a week.
Just run over a skunk, it will cover up the.........forget it, the stench would be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies