Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 07:14 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't like being in public with you normal folks so perhaps it's just me.

That's why there are locations for people who crave more public excitement and unexpected adventures in their day to day routines.

I'd have to drive quite a distance to personally observe in public what I can see on YouTube.

If I'm going to take the time to do that I'll go to a zoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
....... she called me a shim, so I beat the hell out of her.
I had to go to the urban dictionary for that word in order to get with the times.

Last edited by doc1; 12-27-2017 at 07:27 AM..

Old 12-27-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
what is controversial or political about this?
I consider the public violence in some areas that occurs while shopping, and the fact that some consider it normal behavior, to be very controversial.

Look at the two women smiling in their mug shots. Seriously?

I can't imagine any of my family, friends, neighbors or acquaintances ever being in that position.

As I stated earlier, I can't relate.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:57 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I consider the public violence in some areas that occurs while shopping, and the fact that some consider it normal behavior, to be very controversial.

I can't imagine any of my family, friends, neighbors or acquaintances ever being in that position.

When someone regularly sees or engages in this type of thing, they don't get why it's something to discuss. It's just another day at Walmart for some.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Seems some just can't behave themselves when the arugula runs low! Even Christmas can't instill manners in some.
Gotta love Louisiana! I do!

4 Women Arrested After Huge Brawl in Louisiana Walmart | NTD.TV
I notice the story says at least 2 people used pepper spray? Maybe they were trying to preseason/marinate the otherwise bland produce?

Old 12-27-2017, 09:03 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

what level headed people consider this normal behavior? A crime happened and they were arrested. What's political or controversial here?

Old 12-27-2017, 11:28 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Stuff like this doesn't happen at Target.

>>>> I don't think that's because Target offers much better quality merchandise ( look at their stuff sometime, its only slightly better than K mart or Wal Mart, they just market themselves better). Wal Mart sells more food which draws in anyone and everyone and Wal Mart is definitely lax in loss prevention. I've seen some good videos on Youtube of Target employees getting downright tough with shoplifters and its apparently condoned by the company. Had a few employees started yelling at these heifers and started physically forcing them out the door, and the company stood by their decision to restore calm, that would send a strong message to others that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated in their stores.
As it is, they have a don't care attitude, a do nothing corporate policy and this happens.

Old 12-27-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
what level headed people consider this normal behavior? A crime happened and they were arrested. What's political or controversial here?
I don't think any level headed people consider this normal behavior but the fact is too many seem to in some parts of the 21st century US.

YouTube is chock full of videos showing this behavior. In public no less.

How else would normal people know this controversial public behavior by adults goes on?

Old 12-27-2017, 03:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
It's all a part of the in-store entertainment Wal-Mart has implemented. Customers expect a certain experience when they enter a wm. If none of this happens when you shop there speak with manager 'cause someone isn't doing their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies