Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 11:08 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
But, I bet most held their noses, and voted for her anyway. I do think that many Democrats are done with her now, especially that she has been whining, complaining, and blaming her loss on everyone, and everything but HERSELF. If the Dems don't come up with a more centrist/moderate candidate, Trump will win again.
That one depends and from my reasoning, Hillary Clinton has the same value as Donald Trump.

At the time of the vote, they served a purpose.

When I voted for her in the 2008 primary, it was to keep Barrack Obama from getting the nomination. When I voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 National, it was to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House.

Just for the track record, it was W. Clinton in 92 and 96, Nader in 2000, Kerry in 04, and Republican onward.

For me, it is nothing about holding one's nose; it is about making the best choice at the time.....which includes the plans afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 12:41 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

LOL.

+1 rep
In the interest of full disclosure, that moniker was given to Mrs. Pantsuit by columnist Kurt Schlichter.

But it really fits her so well, don'cha think?

Old 12-28-2017, 12:44 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Obama weaponized government against his opponents.

Clinton just slapped it on the ass while raping his way to the oval office and brought the enabler along.

What's not to admire about their legacy's if one is devoid of decency and criminally inclined.
It’s about Hilary, not bill, genius. Most admired man and woman, not man and man. Reading comprehension fail but great with fox state news talking points regurgitation.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:46 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Retain Most Admired Titles

This will probably set donny off when he gets back from the golf course and hears about it.
LOL, .........this is huge, bigly huge!!!!!

Old 12-28-2017, 12:51 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
It’s about Hilary, not bill, genius. Most admired man and woman, not man and man. Reading comprehension fail but great with fox state news talking points regurgitation.
Hillary, Bill, there all the same. Billary? Actually Bill was a MUCH better politician. His LIES were believable. Hillary's weren't.

You can go back to CNN, NBC, MSNBC, NYT, Washpo, and Huffpo now. Oh yeah, and CBS, ABC, and PBS.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:53 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
One thing I am not seeing in this poll is that actual numbers by which the two winner were declared. Barack Obama had 17%. Trump had 14%. Hillary Clinton had 9% while Michelle Obama had 7%.

Before everyone goes patting themselves on the back for either being the most admired person on the planet, examine those numbers a little more closely. Neither of those results indicate either person is widely admired, just enough to have edged out second place. I hardly see a mountain of support for the top 2 in the male or female category.

Really, 170-ish to 140-ish out of over a thousand? And 90-ish to 70-ish? (I'm not feeling inclined to do the math at this moment) And think about the fact that more people chose someone they know than Hillary.

Again, I don't see this as some sweeping validation of either winner. I think most would agree with that.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:05 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:

This will probably set donny off when he gets back from the golf course and hears about it.
Obama: 17%
Trump: 14%
HRC: 9%
Michelle Obama: 7%

I would hardly claim this as some sort of major victory by Obama. He barely beat out the most hated man on the planet. If this had been 75% to 5%, it would be worth talking about. With a 3% spread with barely 1,000 participants, the statistical significance of this poll is sketchy. More reasons the Dems should be very worried about the upcoming mid-term elections.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:09 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Their POLL said Hillary would win in a landslide too.
No ,their poll said Hillary would get more votes than trump, she did.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:10 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
two of the worst politicians ever to hold public office in the history of our country.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:32 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:

Time magazine was going to name Trump "man of the year" but he refused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies