Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 02:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Nope, none here any GOP that want open their mouths get put in their place ,as with most trump cult members they can't handle facts and the truth.
Lol... in regard to what, specifically?

The prosperous and stable members of our family, all Trump voters, had to bow our heads and politely listen as my burn-out Aunt, who lives with her extremely Catholic sister in her large upscale home as a matter of economic necessity, turned the prayer into a statement of liberal social values.

Because we have manners and have emotional self control, which are reflective of the conservative family and the wider community, we were polite and had a nice dinner afterwards. My liberal aunt proceeded to drink too much wine (she was the only one). My Uncle merely uttered afterward: "Next time, maybe I'll bring a smaller bottle of wine".

During the prayer, all I could think of was how much utter and permanent damage cultural Marxism has wrought on my family (and by extension our national culture at large). It's unforgivable.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Lol... in regard to what, specifically?

The prosperous and stable members of our family, all Trump voters, had to bow our heads and politely listen as my burn-out Aunt, who lives with her extremely Catholic sister in her large upscale home as a matter of economic necessity, turned the prayer into a statement of liberal social values.

Because we have manners and have emotional self control, which are reflective of the conservative family and the wider community, we were polite and had a nice dinner afterwards. My liberal aunt proceeded to drink too much wine (she was the only one). My Uncle merely uttered afterward: "Next time, maybe I'll bring a smaller bottle of wine".

During the prayer, all I could think of was how much utter and permanent damage cultural Marxism has wrought on my family (and by extension our national culture at large). It's unforgivable.
Your Aunt pulled a Trump and trolled all of you -- see he is setting trends everywhere .

Old 12-29-2017, 02:48 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
One son-in-law made an unkind crack about football players kneeling, thinking my military spouse would support him.

Instead, he got a terse comment from said spouse about how he put his life on the line for several decades so that even football players still had rights guaranteed by the Constitution to sit, stand, or flip us all the bird. Then he asked SIL if he planned to enlist.

There was a moment of silence.

I passed the mashed potatoes and we launched into a spirited discussion over whether lumps in mashed potatoes were desirable or whether folks preferred the riced and whipped kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That’s awesome.
It was.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:49 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
I spent Christmas with my partner's family in Ireland. They had plenty to say about Trump, none of it good.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:51 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
I'm independent center (may be leaning a little left).... the only time I'm defending some more right conservative stances is when my ultra liberal mother in law is visiting.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:08 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
My sister-in-law is the only bleeding heart liberal in my family and I have to say, we all "spoil" her and let her say whatever she wants to say. We love her and she is family.

I am the baby in the family, so sometimes, I tell her i respectfully disagree with her.

We Agree to a cease fire. That is about it.

I had a great time with my family, but most of the time, I just wanted a good sleep. I've been working 12-13 hours a day during holiday season. So I am tired.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:16 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Argue politics with friends and family during get togethers?

Who in the hell does that!!!
Yeah, exactly.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Don't forget, Hillary voters were racist in 2008....we had those threads here too.

But wait, it's TRUMP that is suddenly the divisive force of race....lmfao.

Trump is a buffoon, I'd never vote for him but wow...the concept that Trump with anti-immigration stuff is suddenly the *face of racism* is a complete farce. Race and Gender have been divisive wedges worked very hard well before he even sniffed at politics.
And 95% of the population is 100% clueless about this, and think if only MY candidate won everything would be peace and harmony.

So utterly clueless. You know what makes peace and harmony?

PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO TALK POLITICS.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:12 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
No problem here...I don't invite Trump RWNJ's!

Old 12-29-2017, 05:41 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,832 times
My family ranges the whole political spectrum from far right to far left. We don’t fight and all get along. There were no political discussions this year, but in the past when there are, it’s always a friendly debate over coffee and cookies. One can be political and still act like an adult about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies