Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 09:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,257,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
That has already happened at least once IIRC, with more likely to follow.
So a fruit loop joins and after basic training demands his/her private parts need to be rearranged. Surgery occurs along with lots of head shrinking and once ready for active duty their enlistment is up. Instead of four year enlistments should be eight year enlistments so the military can get a return on their investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 09:53 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
You think they're going to be preoccupied with infantrywomen? Sorry, but now it seems you're giving too little credit to the men, as well.
Yes, I do, I think that is human nature. Perhaps training can rectify this, but I doubt it. Human beings are hardwired this way. War is not an episode of American Gladiators. While I may not advocate women in the infantry, I also don't advocate spending more than the rest of the world combined on our high tech weaponry, much of which is built to prevent actual ground combat from having to take place.

But no worries, the next generation of infantry robots are right around the corner, and I heard they are androgynous.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:54 AM

39,315 posts, read 27,692,603 times
The requirements were crystal clear: If soldiers were going to need continuing medical attention to treat their condition or if there was a question about whether they would be able to serve in the harshest of battlefield conditions, they were not allowed to join. Even an individual with sleep apnea, who needed only a device that required access to electrical power, was ineligible.

It's an unforgiving standard but a necessary one if U.S. forces are going to prevail on distant battlefields.

These individuals would need medical treatments — hormone therapies and, often, surgeries and the accompanying recovery times — throughout the duration of their service. On this basis alone, under existing rules applicable to all, they would not be allowed to join.

BUT, HERE IS ALWAYS THE BIG BUT, military even allows mentally ill people to join now, so what knows?

My friends (all of them) served on average 3.5 tours. If the mentally ill, illegals, and transgenders want to replace them, go right ahead. I doubt it though. Overwhelming majority of them will never see combat. This is just a fact.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yes, I do, I think that is human nature. Perhaps training can rectify this, but I doubt it. Human beings are hardwired this way. War is not an episode of American Gladiators. While I may not advocate women in the infantry, I also don't advocate spending more than the rest of the world combined on our high tech weaponry, much of which is built to prevent actual ground combat from having to take place.

But no worries, the next generation of infantry robots are right around the corner, and I heard they are androgynous.
agreed 100%

Old 12-30-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
So much hate for people who are willing to serve and die for their country.
suuuuuurrreee

Let's see how many of them will join with an open contract.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:00 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,697,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well,

The Pentagon confirmed Tuesday that it will pay for a soldier’s gender reassignment surgery for the first time, according to multiple reports.

Because this service member had already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment, and the treating doctor deemed this surgery medically necessary, a waiver was approved by the director of the Defense Health Agency,” White said. “The Supplemental Health Care Program will cover this surgery in accordance with the Department’s interim guidance on transgender Service members.”

Pentagon will pay for transgender soldier's reassignment surgery | TheHill

If transgender people are allowed to openly serve in the military, military has no choice but to pay for their sex-reassignment surgery IF they have already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment. Once they get the surgery while openly serving in the military, they will be eligible for service related disability benefits. Yes, taxpayers will be responsible for their benefits forever.

My friend was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis 7 years after military service, he is not eligible for disability benefits because it was not service related; I have another friend who was diagnosed with the same condition WHILE serving in the Marine Corps, he is eligible for 20% disability benefits.

So if a transgender service member had already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment, and the treating doctor deemed this surgery medically necessary, then he or she will be eligible for disability benefits.
I wasn't aware of what you just explained.
It looks to be easier to take the tax payers for a free ride than it is to stop it. Do you know what disability they generally or specifically claim when applying for disability ? Is it a mental or physical claim ?
IDK so I'm curious.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It looks to be easier to take the tax payers for a free ride than it is to stop it. Do you know what disability they generally or specifically claim when applying for disability ? Is it a mental or physical claim ?
IDK so I'm curious.
If they received the surgery in the military, then they would be eligible for service related disability benefits. It is really that simple.

This much I do know, Currently, the VA provides gender transition counseling, evaluations for hormone therapy, and evaluations for gender transition surgeries.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:28 AM

46,371 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
IDK so I'm curious.
VA is a wild ride....they will get a full mental/physical when they leave, but they have to request to be evaluated by the VA.

Here is a website:

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensa...bqformname.asp

Funny thing is, you can be considered 0% disabled "military related" by the VA for things that do not currently disable you so down the road if "said" situation gets worse, you can reapply to get compensation.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,697,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If they received the surgery in the military, then they would be eligible for service related disability benefits. It is really that simple.

This much I do know, Currently, the VA provides gender transition counseling, evaluations for hormone therapy, and evaluations for gender transition surgeries.
They would still have to be rated and getting 100% isn't as easy as some might imagine.

People used to be denied entry to service for a lot of reasons and one was being overweight. Having already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment should be a reason to deny entry. If they didn't disclose it or lie about it they could be discharged with a less than Honorable discharge and denied VA benefits.

Its just more proof that government isn't the solution. Its the problem.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
VA is a wild ride....they will get a full mental/physical when they leave, but they have to request to be evaluated by the VA.

Here is a website:

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensa...bqformname.asp

Funny thing is, you can be considered 0% disabled "military related" by the VA for things that do not currently disable you so down the road if "said" situation gets worse, you can reapply to get compensation.
Yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies