Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:06 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

"Trump" is a trigger .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 09:29 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
LOL! You think 600 miles--esp. in a state as large as Texas--means it's impossible to find out the reputation and demographics of the opposing team's district? Now you're the one being obtuse.
Lol, indeed. I'm glad you think high schoolers, who probably couldn't even name their mayor's spouse, would do "research" on a town 600 miles away, is funny. And ridiculous. So where's your proof this took place?

Quote:
When I was in high school teams found dirt on their opponents all the time and that was before Google.

You found "dirt" in order to do what? What is the purpose of digging up dirt on an opponent? Do you know what that idiom means?

And then explain to us what you would do after digging up dirt on a rival.

Please, go ahead and make my point for me.

Quote:
There you go again assuming all Hispanics = illegal alien.
Actually, that would be you and your ilk. The people who direct these towards Hispanics without knowing if they are illegal aliens are the ones assuming. Please try to keep up.

Please find where I said all hispanics are illegal aliens. I'll wait.

Quote:
As I said before, there are tons of areas in Texas where Hispanic citizens and legal residents have a plurality or majority, and they despise illegals even Hispanic ones. Even in California, a few decades ago, Hispanic Americans (incl. farmworker activist Cesar Chavez) referred to illegal aliens from Mexico by the w-word slur because they were upset about jobs being taken and wages undercut. Is there proof that NO Hispanic students in the crowd chanted Trump (since he won 1/3 of their vote), and this chant was used ONLY against majority Hispanic teams EVERY time, including middle and upper class Hispanic districts with very few illegals? Nope. Without proving those, you can't make assumptions behind the reason for it.
Find me one video where students are making "Trump" and "Build the wall" chants to people/students who aren't mostly Latino.

Again, I'll wait.

Quote:
Who said anything about appearance? It's not appearance of people in a neighborhood but the poverty, overcrowding, lack of English fluency, gangs with international connections, storefronts with immigration lawyers, day laborers and others looking for cash/under-the-table jobs, crime rings where fake SSN and naturalization papers are popular, etc. None of this is hard to figure out! How convenient of you to totally miss this point.
There's no point.

Tell me how you can differentiate between an illegal alien and a citizen from looking at them and know it to be 100% fact.

Third time - I'll wait.

[quote=Kaphawoman;50591383] Btw, a quote form a single Irish person to CNN that it's easier to be a white illegal alien is totally irrelevant to this story. Of course it's easier to blend in when you look like the majority around you. An illegal alien from China would say it's easier being an illegal Asian in Orange County, CA than somewhere in Wyoming. An illegal alien from Mexico would say it's easier here in LA than in Birmingham, Alabama. What does her statement have to do with Trump? Nothing./QUOTE]

It has everything to do with it, but of course, you are denying it, because it destroys your already flimsy and sorry argument.

You can deny all you want that there is a racial element to this, but your denial doesn't matter. Even illegal aliens from European countries know this to be true.

Quote:
Also, I doubt anyone who actually went through the hateful acts I mentioned--firebombing, acid attacks, genocide--would say mentioning those is theatrics. Sorry if your illegal alien bros come up short in the pain Olympics when compared to REAL victims of hate. Better learn now that people are tired of that word being tossed around. If you get this bent out of shape of teenagers just SAYING our president's name, you're not just practicing theatrics--you're earning a PhD in it.
So the black student who was called a n****r is an illegal alien, too?

By the way, no one gave you any authority or cares enough about what you think is and isn't hateful. If a black person getting called the n-word is hateful to her, then that's her right. Your arbitrary definition holds zero value.

And once again, you miss the point. Obviously, that's more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.

The people who are upset at the chants being directed at them are not illegal immigrants, which is the entire point of this thread. It is literally no different than someone assuming all white Trump supporters are racist.

I put it in bold and underlined it, so even the remedial can understand.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:15 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
trump's very name is now 'hate speech' and 'racist'

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/2...ainst-latinos/
Isn't it wrong to call them "Latinos" now? Aren't we supposed to use the made-up word "Latinx"?

Old 01-04-2018, 03:55 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
[quote=ATG5;50592961]Lol, indeed. I'm glad you think high schoolers, who probably couldn't even name their mayor's spouse, would do "research" on a town 600 miles away, is funny. And ridiculous. So where's your proof this took place?

You found "dirt" in order to do what? What is the purpose of digging up dirt on an opponent? Do you know what that idiom means?

And then explain to us what you would do after digging up dirt on a rival.

Please, go ahead and make my point for me.

Actually, that would be you and your ilk. The people who direct these towards Hispanics without knowing if they are illegal aliens are the ones assuming. Please try to keep up.

Please find where I said all hispanics are illegal aliens. I'll wait.

Find me one video where students are making "Trump" and "Build the wall" chants to people/students who aren't mostly Latino.

Again, I'll wait.

There's no point.

Tell me how you can differentiate between an illegal alien and a citizen from looking at them and know it to be 100% fact.

Third time - I'll wait.

Quote:
Btw, a quote form a single Irish person to CNN that it's easier to be a white illegal alien is totally irrelevant to this story. Of course it's easier to blend in when you look like the majority around you. An illegal alien from China would say it's easier being an illegal Asian in Orange County, CA than somewhere in Wyoming. An illegal alien from Mexico would say it's easier here in LA than in Birmingham, Alabama. What does her statement have to do with Trump? Nothing./QUOTE]

It has everything to do with it, but of course, you are denying it, because it destroys your already flimsy and sorry argument.

You can deny all you want that there is a racial element to this, but your denial doesn't matter. Even illegal aliens from European countries know this to be true.

So the black student who was called a n****r is an illegal alien, too?

By the way, no one gave you any authority or cares enough about what you think is and isn't hateful. If a black person getting called the n-word is hateful to her, then that's her right. Your arbitrary definition holds zero value.

And once again, you miss the point. Obviously, that's more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.

The people who are upset at the chants being directed at them are not illegal immigrants, which is the entire point of this thread. It is literally no different than someone assuming all white Trump supporters are racist.

I put it in bold and underlined it, so even the remedial can understand.

Oh here we go again--resorting to personal insults by calling someone remedial! You still aren't able to prove your assertion so everyone who disagrees with you is personally inept right? And you honestly think video of Trump chants is going to show us the racial makeup of every single person chanting it? And unless you provide video of their behavior at every single game with different racial makeups of the opponents, it's still not enough to go on. And there is no reason for non-illegal aliens to get upset at the Trump chant. Guess what? People, esp. teenagers, get upset at a lot of things that they aren't justified in being upset at.

How much are you blowing your top over your inability to force people into your way of thinking? Might want to get your blood pressure checked. There's seriously something wrong with people who get this triggered and are unable to present their side without personal insults. Seriously. Your health may be at risk. You repeatedly calling someone else's argument flimsy, while you go on unrelated tangents European illegals (has Trump ever said white illegals should be allowed to stay?) and the N word (no one here denied that's a racist term) is doing nothing to convince anybody.

How badly is this keeping you up at night? Immigration law is going to enforced how many Internet hissy fits you have.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:16 AM

Please learn how to utilize the quote feature. It makes it impossible to reply or even understanding what your response is.

I don't need to prove anything. I am speaking on behalf of the people in this story who the chants are being directed at. This is their argument and no one here, including you, has done nothing to counter, except try to dictate how they should feel.

Quote:
And there is no reason for non-illegal aliens to get upset at the Trump chant.
Typical ^

You don't get to decide how these people feel about the chants.

And as far as the assertion that your "argument" is flimsy, well:

-You assumed that high school students researched a random town 600 miles away before a sporting event, with zero proof.

-You failed to show how you can differentiate between a citizen and an illegal alien based on appearance and nothing else, which is the entire point of discussion. Again, zero proof. Since you can't, you then realize it's ignorant at best to make an assumption based on one's appearance, particularly if they "look Latino".

-And you deny the racial element to this, but were unable to show an example of chants towards anyone who is not Latino/Hispanic and prove otherwise. Third time, zero proof.

So yeah, your argument is flimsy.

Posters have presented their points as succinctly and clearly as possible. The people who the chants are directed at believe there is a racial element to the chants. Even white illegals know there's a racial element to it. And you conveniently ignored all of the proof and instead, you respond with irrelevant and half-coherent rambling about blood pressure.

And you do what you guys do best when you can't argue with facts or proof. Play the victim.

So, if the shoe fits. *shrugs*

Old 01-06-2018, 01:39 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Please learn how to utilize the quote feature. It makes it impossible to reply or even understanding what your response is.

I don't need to prove anything. I am speaking on behalf of the people in this story who the chants are being directed at. This is their argument and no one here, including you, has done nothing to counter, except try to dictate how they should feel.

Typical ^

You don't get to decide how these people feel about the chants.

And as far as the assertion that your "argument" is flimsy, well:

-You assumed that high school students researched a random town 600 miles away before a sporting event, with zero proof.

-You failed to show how you can differentiate between a citizen and an illegal alien based on appearance and nothing else, which is the entire point of discussion. Again, zero proof. Since you can't, you then realize it's ignorant at best to make an assumption based on one's appearance, particularly if they "look Latino".

-And you deny the racial element to this, but were unable to show an example of chants towards anyone who is not Latino/Hispanic and prove otherwise. Third time, zero proof.

So yeah, your argument is flimsy.

Posters have presented their points as succinctly and clearly as possible. The people who the chants are directed at believe there is a racial element to the chants. Even white illegals know there's a racial element to it. And you conveniently ignored all of the proof and instead, you respond with irrelevant and half-coherent rambling about blood pressure.

And you do what you guys do best when you can't argue with facts or proof. Play the victim.

So, if the shoe fits. *shrugs*
Lol what victimization? Where did I claim anybody did anything to ME? Now you're just pulling stuff out of your butt. And you continue to bring up appearance though I've already given a laundry list of reasons why people can distinguish a neighborhood overrun with illegals that is NOT based on appearance. And yes, high school students can and do get the dirt on opponents all the time. It's not rocket science. Jesus Christ it's in one ear and out the other with you.

Trigger warning: TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

Old 01-06-2018, 02:03 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Lol what victimization? Where did I claim anybody did anything to ME? Now you're just pulling stuff out of your butt. And you continue to bring up appearance though I've already given a laundry list of reasons why people can distinguish a neighborhood overrun with illegals that is NOT based on appearance. And yes, high school students can and do get the dirt on opponents all the time. It's not rocket science. Jesus Christ it's in one ear and out the other with you.

It's why I have him on ignore. He constantly plays the victim for Latinos. I hope it did offend those here illegally and there is no reason on this God's earth that Latinos here legally should have taken offense at it. It wasn't about them. We all know that there are plenty of Latinos here legally. On the other hand where there is a large concentration of them there is just as much a likelihood that some or many of the are illegals to and Latinos are by far the largest group here illegally, duh.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Lol what victimization? Where did I claim anybody did anything to ME? Now you're just pulling stuff out of your butt.
You claimed I insulted you when you had nothing better to respond with. It's literally what you typed.

Quote:
And you continue to bring up appearance though I've already given a laundry list of reasons why people can distinguish a neighborhood overrun with illegals that is NOT based on appearance.
Like a typical Trump supporter, completely missing the point.

These chants aren't happening in "neighborhoods overrun with illegals". These chants are happening to random Latinos in public spaces for no apparent reason.

At a sporting event, or school or any public place where these chants are taking place towards random people who "look" Hispanic/Latino, how can you differientate between an American citizen and an illegal alien?

Answer the question.

Quote:
And yes, high school students can and do get the dirt on opponents all the time. It's not rocket science. Jesus Christ it's in one ear and out the other with you.
And where's your proof that these students did this in this particular story? Since you're the one who made the claim, back it up.

Otherwise, it's you who are pulling stuff out of your arse.

Quote:

?? not sure what the point of this is?

Typical low-brow responses we've grown accustomed to.

- "The chant doesn't offend me, so therefore, it shouldn't offend anyone."

-"If the chants offend you, then you must be an illegal or pro-illegal immigration, because I said so."

Last edited by ATG5; 01-08-2018 at 08:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies