Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 07:44 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
True, not all, he did throw them a bone when he said, "And some, I assume, are good people" (have you heard what they say about the word, 'assume'?)

Or how about his specious claim that U.S. District Judge Curiel, who was born in Indiana (that's in America), could not possibly be fair because of his heritage, I’ve been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage. I’m building a wall, OK? I’m building a wall. I am going to do very well with the Hispanics, the Mexicans

True, he's obviously not directly responsible, but when he claims that racists are very fine people, they take it as encouragement.

Beyond that, he has a history of being a racist long before he ran in 16'. Google"trump's history of racism" and you'll find these links on the first page:

Trump's Long History of Racism - Rolling Stone
Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What His Record Shows | Fortune
Trump and race: Decades of fueling divisions - The Washington Post
Donald Trump Has History of Racist Remarks and Behavior - ThoughtCo
Trump's history of racial controversies - Axios
Donald Trump is a textbook racist - LA Times
Donald Trump's long history of racism - NBC News

Then to top it off, add his plans to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. It also doesn't go unnoticed by Latinos that since 1989, every president’s first Cabinet has included at least one Latino.

But guess what?

No one who violates our laws are "good people", IMO. As for the judge of Mexican heritage that Trump objected to it was because his lawyer's group was a member of "La Raza" (a known ethnocentric Hispanic group that wants amnesty for illegal aliens of their ethnic group) and they gave scholarships to illegal aliens. That was a conflict of interest since Trump opposes illegal immigration and amnesty. He felt he wouldn't get a fair trial because of that not because the judge was of Mexican heritage.

When did Trump say that racists are a very fine people? Trump has no record of racism. It's only spin by you Trump haters and biased sources. Why would Latino Americans or legal immigrants want the DACAs to remain here and retain 800,000 jobs that should go to them and other Americans? Why do they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws? Isn't that racism in itself? It matters not that their parents brought them here illegally. By allowing them to remain here it is rewarding their parents for doing so and makes a mockery out of our immigration laws. it's not in the best interest of most Americans either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 07:54 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
By allowing them to remain here it is rewarding their parents for doing so and makes a mockery out of our immigration laws. it's not in the best interest of most Americans either.
While this is true it's not the kids fault and I think I'm with most Americans who believe the U.S. is all they know and they should remain. BUT!!! we need to treat the cause of the issue first. Before they are given citizenship, strengthen our stronger laws and border to prevent running into the same problem in the future. It's really just common sense.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:55 AM

17,623 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Some people consider shouting USA USA USA racist hate speech.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:01 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Actually it's the Democrats all or none attitude that is holding up their becoming legal. Think of it this way, if they didn't have this issue how can the left play their identity politics with Latino's in their quest for power?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:05 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump is the President and Commander in Chief and top law enforcer. He ran on bringing law and order back to our nation after years of obama having people under him look the other way when it came to illegal aliens. Sadly many illegal aliens have come from Mexico, Central and South America so that makes them Latino.

The chant of Trump Trump Trump is not so much racist but it is used as a reminder that if you over stayed your visa or snuck into the country you are in fact breaking the law and you should be worried that you might be arrested and sent back.

It is not racism it is enforcing existing laws that we have in place for a reason.
The FBI is also dedicated to law enforcement to protect us, but Trump denigrates and insults them. Trump wants special treatment for himself, but "law and order" used against his opponents.

Last edited by chessgeek; 12-31-2017 at 08:37 AM..

Old 12-31-2017, 08:12 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If Trump is anti-Latino, is that why the Hispanic unemployment rate in the U.S. has reached its lowest number on record under Trump?
Latinos seem to think Trump is anti-Latino. Ask them.

Pardoning Arpaio didn't help.

"...Latinos seem especially frustrated by Trump’s racial politics pushed to the forefront in part by white supremacist rallies held around the country in places such as in Charlottesville, Virginia, where Heather Heyer was intentionally run over by a car that plowed into the counter-protesters.

the poll, conducted by Latino Decisions, show that when asked about the largest concerns facing the Latino community, race and race relations ranked second under immigration. While 53 percent of respondents mentioned immigration when asked to give one or two most important issues, 25 percent said so of race and race relations..."

"...The results also show that 67 percent of Latinos disapprove of the job Trump is doing...".

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...p-drop-n804406

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...arpaio-9629265

Old 12-31-2017, 08:32 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You think they chanted "build that wall" only after they verified the students were illegal No, they chanted because they looked latin.
Do they speak Latin?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:53 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
While this is true it's not the kids fault and I think I'm with most Americans who believe the U.S. is all they know and they should remain. BUT!!! we need to treat the cause of the issue first. Before they are given citizenship, strengthen our stronger laws and border to prevent running into the same problem in the future. It's really just common sense.

I disagree that most rational Americans want the DACAs to remain here since it's not in the interest of most Americans. As I said, by allowing these DACAs to remain here it is rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally and it will cost 800,000 jobs that should go to Americans. Let me ask you this, what would you do with their parents then since they'd be crying "separation of families" if they were rightfully deported? If they were allowed to remain here also that would be millions being granted amnesty. How is that a good thing?

Old 12-31-2017, 11:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
your attempted yelling 'black power' analogy is sad and failing. an accurate analogy would be someone yelling louie farrakhan's name, or that of some hispanic SJW. and your obsession with facial proximity is odd - no one chanting trump was near anyone's face.
It is not failing, because it is the same thing as the "build that wall" screamed at the latino high school kids. It is same as someone screaming "Alluh Akbar" at you, or "Hail Hitler' back in the 1930s. They do it to send a message, and in Trumps case the message is "get out of my country".

Old 12-31-2017, 11:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Some people consider shouting USA USA USA racist hate speech.
I never met one who think that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies