Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 08:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
People from California often name the state or the city they're from, not the country. This is certainly not unique to TX

As far as Czechs loving TX... My sister-in-law, who recently immigrated to this country from the czech republic, does not like TX and loves CA.

So much for that theory of yours?
So, you’re SIL snuck in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 10:02 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
....Look at their joke of a president. Cutting health care, cutting more taxes for the rich in the backs of the working class(those that actually EARN their money) and not having problems with cops shooting unarmed minorities- boy, those are some real knee-slappers!
Why do you state untruths ?

- Obama never provided "Health Care", he provided INSURANCE. Insurance does NOT provide healthcare (it might help pay for it....or it may NOT)....& Trump didn't "Cut Heathcare".

- He Cut Taxes for Everyone (not just the Rich). The Standard Deduction is Doubling for EVERYONE. All the other tax cuts are for EVERYONE. Even the Corporate Tax Cuts will result in REAL Money (IRAs, Paychecks etc.) for EVERYONE. Business expansion will result in more JOBs (& higher Incomes) for EVERYONE.

- When did Trump ever say he does "not have a problem with Cops shooting unarmed minorities". He has never said this nor has he ever hinted at such a VILE statement or thought. Trump (& all recent Presidents) would prefer that UNARMED people not be shot. (minorities & non-minorities).

These Racist & inaccurate Comments are disgusting.

Last edited by hound 109; 01-02-2018 at 10:25 AM..

Old 01-02-2018, 10:03 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
People from California often name the state or the city they're from, not the country. This is certainly not unique to TX

As far as Czechs loving TX... My sister-in-law, who recently immigrated to this country from the czech republic, does not like TX and loves CA.

So much for that theory of yours?
A perfect example of confirmation bias!

Might be the biggest hurdle to overcome when it comes making sense of what is going on around us, especially politics, because when we pick up only what seems to agree with our perspective and/or reject what doesn't, we're not making sense of anything. We're making ourselves feel better about what we believe, regardless the truth about what we believe.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:10 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
The good point-there are still thinking, working people in CA to make those signs.

The may well be leaving soon for a free state.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderbenderer View Post
Nope. They all left a long time ago. CA is a destroyed civilization, a place where everyone(every.single.one. who lives in the state) has family and friends who've left.

They thought they had trump. That east coast looking WASP I see on TV telling me to impeach, wants him gone. Unfortunately for him, the rest of the nation wants nothing to do with CA's model of civilization. It hasn't worked yet they are insistent on riding it all the way down.
Just noticed another thread...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...g-economy.html

... not bad for a "destroyed civilization."

Yes of course we all know people who have left the state for all number of reasons. Most those I know "cashed in" on their real estate appreciation and moved elsewhere. Not an uncommon thing for people to do when they are approaching the end of their better income-earning years. Wife of a friend of mine is suffering from depression though, after moving from SOCal. Too many gray sky days and rain up in Washington. Still, the great majority of family and friends who I have known growing up in California are still in California and not going anywhere.

Too bad more people don't leave and too bad more people keep coming, because we could do with less traffic and congestion in some places, but in California you can always move away from all that and go to the mountains, the desert, the wine country, farmland, horse country, rural or urban, along the coast or to a big city. Whatever you like, you can find it here, and the weather ain't bad either...

Old 01-02-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sure he does. He thinks we should legalize all these illegal aliens and that will solve the problem of illegal immigration and he cares not if Americans get their jobs back from these illegal aliens.
I'm still trying to find the American who is not Hispanic and can't seem to get that job cleaning hotel rooms or dishes or landscaping or roofing or working as a farm hand. Heck, I can't even find one who even applies for such a job...

The misguided focus helps to keep attention from our real problems though. No doubt that's the idea for those who don't want the real problems fixed. That or ignorance about all this. One or the other...

Old 01-02-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Why do you state untruths ?

- Obama never provided "Health Care", he provided INSURANCE. Insurance does NOT provide healthcare & Trump didn't "Cut Heathcare".

- He Cut Taxes for Everyone (not just the Rich). The Standard Deduction is Doubling for EVERYONE. All the other tax cuts are for EVERYONE. Even the Corporate Tax Cuts will result in REAL Money (IRAs, Paychecks etc.) for EVERYONE. Business expansion will result in more JOBs (& higher Incomes) for EVERYONE.

- When did Trump ever say he does "not have a problem with Cops shooting unarmed minorities". He has never said this nor has he ever hinted at such a VILE statement or thought. Trump (& all recent Presidents) would prefer that UNARMED people not be shot. (minorities & non-minorities).

These Racist & inaccurate Comments are disgusting.
Yes, "racist and inaccurate comments are disgusting." Frustrating at a minimum, but if you spend much time in this forum, expecting much better is a sure path to more disgust and frustration, from both sides. From pretty much everyone...

Even as you perhaps better state the truth, half-truths are hardly better, because we all know there is much more to each fact you are trying to establish in your comment, both sides of the issue/problem to consider. I'd elaborate, but rarely am I inspired to take the time given the impossible challenge of overcoming confirmation bias I already commented about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies