Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 12:34 AM

272 posts, read 134,679 times

Advertisements

Poland , Hungary, Russia ,Czech republic are all very right wing.

Germany,Britain, The US and the free "West" grows more and more left wing ,emasculated, soft and invaded and dominated by immigrants ?

Materialism,?

Feminism?

Liberalism?

Old 01-04-2018, 12:50 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
The Russians went through hell under Communism. 40 - 65 million (minimum) Russian Christians were starved to death, tortured, sent to concentration camps, and killed or worked to death.

Then they fought Hitler -- millions more died.

Poland was a battleground for the German and Soviet armies.

East Germans went through the war, had their cities reduced to rubble (the fire bombing of Dresden one of the worst atrocities against civilians of all time), then had to live under Communism.

Czechs and Hungarians lived under Communism.

Americans who have fought in wars have been toughened up by the experience, but they have been a small minority of the population since WW II.

So a lot of Americans believe that words are a deadly threat and can hurt or kill them.

They indulge themselves in all kinds of silly nonsense.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
White masculinity? What in the world does skin color have to do with it? lol

Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 AM

272 posts, read 134,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The Russians went through hell under Communism. 40 million (minimum) Russian Christians starved to death, tortured, sent to concentration camps and killed.

The Poles were a doormat between the German and Soviet armies.

East Germans went through the war, had their cities reduced to rubble (the fire bombing of Dresden one of the worst atrocities against civilians of all time), then had to live under Communism.

Americans who have fought in wars have been toughened up by the experience, but they have been a small minority of the population since WW II.

So a lot of Americans believe that words are a deadly threat and can hurt or kill them. They indulge themselves in all kinds of silly nonsense.
I agree with this, the softness and material prosperity of post ww2 life in the west has had alot of effect. The baby boomer and the 60s (flower power, anti war movement) was the real beginning of the rise of the "soft male"

The great Russian writer living in America, Solzhenitsyn, condemned the vietnam war protests as sign of a lack of manliness in America .

It much worse now

"Delivering the commencement address at Harvard University in 1978, he called the United States spiritually weak and mired in vulgar materialism.

Americans, he said, speaking in Russian through a translator, suffered from a "decline in courage" and a "lack of manliness." Few were willing to die for their ideals, he said.

He condemned both the United States government and American society for its "hasty" capitulation in the Vietnam War and the atrocities that followed "

Old 01-04-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
I agree with this, the softness and material prosperity of post ww2 life in the west has had alot of effect. The baby boomer and the 60s (flower power, anti war movement) was the really beginning of the rise of the "soft male"

The great anti communist russian writer living in America, Solzhenitsyn, condemned the vietnam war protests as sign of a lack of manliness in America .

It much worse now

"Delivering the commencement address at Harvard University in 1978, he called the United States spiritually weak and mired in vulgar materialism.

Americans, he said, speaking in Russian through a translator, suffered from a "decline in courage" and a "lack of manliness." Few were willing to die for their ideals, he said.

He condemned both the United States government and American society for its "hasty" capitulation in the Vietnam War and the atrocities that followed "
He was right.

You're talking about Alexander Solzhenitsyn, I gather.

They finally translated his Two Hundred Years Together into English. You can get it under the title, The Crucifixion of Russia on Amazon.

I recommend it!

Old 01-04-2018, 01:55 AM

934 posts, read 403,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
Poland , Hungary, Russia ,Czech republic are all very right wing.

Germany,Britain, The US and the free "West" grows more and more left wing ,emasculated, soft and invaded and dominated by immigrants ?

Materialism,?

Feminism?

Liberalism?
Czech Republic "very right wing"? I just don't see it. Czech have no temperament and mentality for any sort of extremism. Maybe you've heard of a small group of people espousing extreme right wing ideology. Well, that can be seen anywhere. As a Slav myself, this is the Slav nation I respect the most, not just for their peaceful ways, but also for their history and culture. (Heck, maybe the only Slav nation I respect when I'm in a bad mood.)

Russia? Sorry, I don't see how they can become a beacon of common sense. Too much trauma under Stalinism and 70+ yrs of communist brainwashing. What you see under Putin is just clero-nationalism. Pure reaction to their variant of communism.

Now I am from Croatia, part of ex Yugoslavia. Though never part of Warsaw pact (we broke up with Stalin in 1948 and it was before Eastern block was formed in the fifties), ex Yugoslavia was a communist regime. Much more relaxed than any other communist country in Europe, it had more liberties and higher standard of living than any of them. Still there was one and only Communist party and if you were of different opinion you better shut up or else. However, you were free to emmigrate, especially since the 70s. So many smart people left, leaving idiots to lead us into that nasty war of 90s. I'm still overwhelmingly sad when I think of it.

Having said all this, you are partly right. But I don't think that any ism you listed is the special culprit for US SJW left flirting with communism. They just don't know what the real thing looks like. If they did, most of them would run in the opposite direction.

We, on the other hand, and others like ex Eastern block countries, know it very well.

However, there is one more important point here. During the years of nationalist revolution and fall of Communism back in the late 80s and early 90s, all crazies and opportunists ran from the communist party and joined the new nationalist and clerical right wing parties. That's why when you want to look for crazy in politics of this part of the world, you look at the Right. What's left of the Left here today is mostly reasonable - basically social democrats without sjw idiocy the absence of which I already explained.

That's why I see these attempts from the western right to idolize East European right as naive at best.

Last edited by switchtoecig; 01-04-2018 at 02:09 AM..

Old 01-04-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
Czech Republic "very right wing"? I just don't see it. Czech have no temperament and mentality for any sort of extremism. Maybe you've heard of a small group of people espousing extreme right wing ideology. Well, that can be seen anywhere. As a Slav myself, this is the Slav nation I respect the most, not just for their peaceful ways, but also for their history and culture. (Heck, maybe the only Slav nation I respect when I'm in a bad mood.)

Russia? Sorry, I don't see how they can become a beacon of common sense. Too much trauma under Stalinism and 70+ yrs of communist brainwashing. What you see under Putin is just clero-nationalism. Pure reaction to their variant of communism.

Now I am from Croatia, part of ex Yugoslavia. Though never part of Warsaw pact (we broke up with Stalin in 1948 and it was before Eastern block was formed in the fifties), ex Yugoslavia was a communist regime. Much more relaxed than any other communist country in Europe, it had more liberties and higher standard of living than any of them. Still there was one and only Communist party and if you were of different opinion you better shut up or else. However, you were free to emmigrate, especially since the 70s. So many smart people left, leaving idiots to lead us into that nasty war of 90s. I'm still overwhelmingly sad when I think of it.

Having said all this, you are partly right. But I don't think that any ism you listed is the special culprit for US SJW left flirting with communism. They just don't know what the real thing looks like. If they did, most of them would run in the opposite direction.

We, on the other hand, and others like ex Eastern block countries, know it very well.

However, there is one more important point here. During the years of nationalist revolution and fall of Communism back in the late 80s and early 90s, all crazies and opportunists ran from the communist party and joined the new nationalist and clerical right wing parties. That's why when you want to look for crazy in politics of this part of the world, you look at the Right. What's left of the Left here today is mostly reasonable - basically social democrats without sjw idiocy the absence of which I already explained.

That's why I see these attempts from the western right to idolize East European right as naive at best.
I think by "right wing" he meant that they are not interested in flooding their own countries with immigrants and refugees.

It's a comparative thing.

But I can't speak for him.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:26 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The Russians went through hell under Communism. 40 - 65 million (minimum) Russian Christians were starved to death, tortured, sent to concentration camps, and killed or worked to death.

Poland was a battleground for the German and Soviet armies.

So a lot of Americans believe that words are a deadly threat and can hurt or kill them.

They indulge themselves in all kinds of silly nonsense.
Yeah Germany, the us and the UK must not have been I ww2. Did you take some kind of us history for white nationalists?

Old 01-04-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Yeah Germany, the us and the UK must not have been I ww2. Did you take some kind of us history for white nationalists?
Did I say Germany, the US, and the UK weren't in WW II?

I suggest brushing up on your reading skills.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Lol...I think you guys are simply too easily impressed.

Slavs are really no different than anyone else in Europe except that they drink a whole lot more, smoke a whole helluva lot more, and eat food so heavy (and so fat Laden) that you’ll strain your biceps just picking up a sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies