Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 10:20 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
LOL you are desperate. Republicans are still in the majority in both houses now.

Meaningless !!!

Control is 60 in the senate.
Then we have to figure in the democrats in the GOP and it looks like 64 is about right.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:25 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
23,000 in the rear view mirror.
Mnuchin saying we don't understand what Powell was saying.
Step right up sonny boy. I'll be cheering for you.

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrats failure to secure the southern border increasing the possibility of a gov. shutdown is driving the decline so it appears.
Democrats fault

OMG

Give Republicans full control of every branch, and they will still blame someone else when their sandcastle collapses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
So it appears the Trump "heads I win, tails you lose" perspective is on full display here...

How many times has it been noted that Trump supporters will credit Trump with all positive developments regardless the rhyme or reason, never the negative. What better proof of this blindness than this thread that first gives Trump credit for the rising market (no matter all efforts to point out the folly in that belief), then when the market takes a dump, well of course that's now because of the Democrats.

Hardly gets more frustrating to realize how many Americans are inclined toward this lack of reason and logic. Alarming and disappointing too when of course there is nothing can be done in the case of these people.
The democrats complaining is the constant theme, blaming Trump for everything he does or doesn't do.

Its old but its all they have.
They don't want to talk about raising taxes and all the free giveaways they have in store if they gain real power.

Ask them how they will pay for any of it and get a line of BS a mile long but no answer to that question. They are the party of no answers. They make Comey's "I don't know and I don't remember " look like a policy briefing.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:29 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Quote:
The democrats complaining is the constant theme, blaming Trump for everything he does or doesn't do.

They don't want to talk about raising taxes and all the free giveaways they have in store if they gain real power.

By observation, I do have to say that cutting taxes for a small group of very wealthy folks while adding a trillion or so to the Federal Deficit doesn't exactly seem to be having a positive impact.

Maybe I have my charts upside down.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:30 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:

Taxes will have to be raised on the middle class to offset the huge tax break Trump and the Republicans gave to the wealthy. Somebody has to pay off the deficit. Guess it will be my grandkids. Poor things.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:34 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Taxes will have to be raised on the middle class to offset the huge tax break Trump and the Republicans gave to the wealthy. Somebody has to pay off the deficit. Guess it will be my grandkids. Poor things.
Stagflation is the likely outcome of this failed tax break. I think we are seeing it already.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
By observation, I do have to say that cutting taxes for a small group of very wealthy folks while adding a trillion or so to the Federal Deficit doesn't exactly seem to be having a positive impact.

Maybe I have my charts upside down.
What you have upside-down is how a 35% tax rate is competitive with those who have a 25% tax rate.

Get right-side-up !!!

Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
What you have upside-down is how a 35% tax rate is competitive with those who have a 25% tax rate.

Get right-side-up !!!
The effective tax rate is what matters. For someone who claims to be a financial guru you seem to be lacking some fundamental knowledge.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:43 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:

Ask them how they will pay for any of it and get a line of BS a mile long but no answer to that question.
Not that there's any hope here and of course there are not too many things quite as old as your ongoing badly skewed version of things forever repeated, but for those a bit more discerning...

Your thread includes a good many pointed comments about what Trump deserves credit for, or not, praise and/or criticism based on what's actually going on and why, yet all you hear is "complaining." This is your way of tuning out what you don't want to hear, but all those attempts to bring objective reason here, with specifics, facts, balanced perspective is far better than all these vague retorts of yours. Talk about a line of BS!

Just like that, for example, we go from the MANY reasons the market/economy was doing so much better not too long ago, to now why we're facing if not already enduring a downturn, and where do you turn?

"They don't want to talk about raising taxes and all the free giveaways they have in store if they gain real power."

I've seen some real dodging and weaving in my day, formidable blind political stubbornness that defies the imagination, but this here truly takes the cake! Not sure I've ever seen such nonsense coupled with such extreme confirmation bias before, and that's truly saying something in this forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies