Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 05:23 AM

59,072 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Right Wingers love--love--love to bash the Dems. Guess it's the only fun they have.
And left wingers NEVER bash repubs, EVER! Guess it's the only fun they have!

Old 06-19-2019, 08:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Trump was right !!! Companies are moving out of China !!! Some partly and some entirely !!!

Apple considers moving 15% to 30% of production capacity out of China: report
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/app...dist=bigcharts

Apple sees heightened risks from its reliance on Chinese manufacturing.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump was right !!! Companies are moving out of China !!! Some partly and some entirely !!!

...to Southeast Asia.

Trump's goal was to bring jobs back to America. That's what he SAID.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-19-2019, 08:52 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,547,612 times
I was reflecting this morning: we have a guy who's been bankrupt four times telling, or rather bullying, the chairman of the Federal Reserve on how to do his job. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 06-19-2019, 08:58 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:

Maybe you'd have some credibility if your article didn't state that Apple is moving some of it's production to Viet Nam. Didn't the American iconic Harley just move out of the country? I'm sure India and Thailand are happy. MAGA.

As far as the stock market? It's down about 4%. MAGA Go Tariffs!!!!

Old 06-19-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Maybe you'd have some credibility if your article didn't state that Apple is moving some of it's production to Viet Nam. Didn't the American iconic Harley just move out of the country? I'm sure India and Thailand are happy. MAGA.

As far as the stock market? It's down about 4%. MAGA Go Tariffs!!!!
Well it looks like from your own standards and statement my creditability is intact.

It didn't mention or state anything about Viet Nam other than (India and Vietnam would be top candidates) It never said they were moving there !!! They are looking at moving at this time !!!

So what's your point or should I question your intellect or lack there of ?!?!?!

Old 06-19-2019, 10:49 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I was reflecting this morning: we have a guy who's been bankrupt four times telling, or rather bullying, the chairman of the Federal Reserve on how to do his job. What could possibly go wrong?
Trump has never been bankrupt.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Well it looks like from your own standards and statement my creditability is intact.

It didn't mention or state anything about Viet Nam other than (India and Vietnam would be top candidates) It never said they were moving there !!!

So what's your point or should I question your intellect or lack there of ?!?!?!

While it may not have been in the article, they are correct. Apple is looking at Vietnam and India to move iphone production.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
While it may not have been in the article, they are correct. Apple is looking at Vietnam and India to move iphone production.
But it was in the article that they said they are "looking" !!! It never said they were "moving" there !!!

Point being looking and moving are two different verbs with different meanings and that seem not to be understood by the other poster !!!

I'm sure you are clear on that and wouldn't say the two different verbs mean the same thing !!!

Why it was even an issue is beyond me !!!

Old 06-19-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
But it was in the article that they said they are "looking" !!! It never said they were "moving" there !!!

Point being looking and moving are two different verbs with different meanings and that seem not to be understood by the other poster !!!

I'm sure you are clear on that and wouldn't say the two different verbs mean the same thing !!!

Why it was even an issue is beyond me !!!

You can split hairs all you want. The one place they are not looking? The US.

BTW, "considers"? They are not definitely leaving China, they are "considering".

If you want to be so nitpicky, your own post is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies