Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 02:15 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,689,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This thread isn't about me, so get off that nonsense.

I simply pointed out facts, sorry you don't like that.
No, you didn't point out anything.

I read somewhere legit that, I'm sorry I didn't screenshot the source.

Go win a spelling bee.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:35 PM

2,688 posts, read 4,230,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
GDP growth slowed down even more to mere 1.9%.

These are numbers which Trump referred to as "garbage", "pathetic", "anemic" and "disastrous".
There's a tweet for everything!

Old 10-30-2019, 02:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Classic Trump.

They call it 'speaking from both sides of your mouth'.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:45 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,395,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Do you honestly not understand the difference?

Are you honestly that ignorant in economics?

Old 10-30-2019, 02:46 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,006,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
No, you didn't point out anything.

I read somewhere legit that, I'm sorry I didn't screenshot the source.

Go win a spelling bee.
The fact that you heard or read something that is nowhere near the actual truth and no other site even comes close to backing it up seems like quite a stretch, and now you are taking it out on me because you can't back it up anywhere.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:47 PM

1,070 posts, read 398,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I think one has to start with the fact that incumbency is a vast positive for any candidate. Then we have to measure one against many, a tough act. Sure - the odds of any single Dem. candidate making it have to be low.

If I was going to make this bet (not sure I can from afar), I'd simply go on the "not re-elected" side of the Trump odds....but not specify any Dem candidate.

There are even pretty good odds against Trump even being the nominee - so ALL that has to be figured into bets. I think they are 20% that he won't be...of course many would say this if foolish and, if so, they should put their money into it.
Lemme preface by saying that I'm a semi-serious horse player, so, I understand odds and betting.

Vegas odds on 2020 election today are as meaningless as Vegas odds on the upcoming Super Bowl. The polls and I assume the Vegas odds on Dem candidate change like the weather - it's a pure guess which Dem runs.

Polls don't matter a lot 12 months out seems to me - 100 things will change in the coming months. What's kinda relevant is the change in the polls over time. Trump's losing ground, and his unfavorable ratings are getting worse.

It's 99% obvious that Trump will be impeached. He probably won't be Removed by the Repubs in Senate The "free' advertising that the Dems will get in the Trial is Priceless. I can see the Dem ads now: "here's Trump committing campaign finance laws," "Here's Trump Quid Pro Quo'ing," "Here's Trump's Emolument issues," "etc., etc., etc." This'll be great TV!

Based on this, as a betting man, I'll bet on the Dem at low odds: I'll bet $2 and I would get my $2 back plus $1. This is 1-2 odds for non-bettors.

I was the OP 2-3 weeks ago on a thread where I said that "I think that Romney coming out strong against Trump means that Romney is preparing to run for President if Trump is Removed or Resigns in the next months." I have hopes that Trump will be Removed despite his hard-core Repub Senate backers. Conspicuous by its absence is Moscow Mitch being 99% silent on the Inquiry. If Mitch thinks that Trump will lose in 2020 he'll flip on Trump in a New York heartbeat. Mitch is all about winning and he doesn't want a sure loser (Trump) running which'll cost House and Senate seats. So, if polls continue to drop for Trump the odds of Trump even running go down. This ain't 1-2 but I put it at 2 to 1, meaning I'll bet $2 and get back my $2 plus $4.

my $.02

Old 10-30-2019, 02:50 PM

3,607 posts, read 1,805,377 times
A smaller economy coming out of a downturn in the business cycle is much different than a larger economy later in a business cycle people cmon. Also, Dow near record territory again, S&P well over record highs. Where are all the people claiming the market was crashing a month ago? We’re well in to the volatile period.

12,772 posts, read 8,006,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Lemme preface by saying that I'm a semi-serious horse player, so, I understand odds and betting.

Vegas odds on 2020 election today are as meaningless as Vegas odds on the upcoming Super Bowl. The polls and I assume the Vegas odds on Dem candidate change like the weather - it's a pure guess which Dem runs.

Polls don't matter a lot 12 months out seems to me - 100 things will change in the coming months. What's kinda relevant is the change in the polls over time. Trump's losing ground, and his unfavorable ratings are getting worse.

It's 99% obvious that Trump will be impeached. He probably won't be Removed by the Repubs in Senate The "free' advertising that the Dems will get in the Trial is Priceless. I can see the Dem ads now: "here's Trump committing campaign finance laws," "Here's Trump Quid Pro Quo'ing," "Here's Trump's Emolument issues," "etc., etc., etc." This'll be great TV!

Based on this, as a betting man, I'll bet on the Dem at low odds: I'll bet $2 and I would get my $2 back plus $1. This is 1-2 odds for non-bettors.

I was the OP 2-3 weeks ago on a thread where I said that "I think that Romney coming out strong against Trump means that Romney is preparing to run for President if Trump is Removed or Resigns in the next months." I have hopes that Trump will be Removed despite his hard-core Repub Senate backers. Conspicuous by its absence is Moscow Mitch being 99% silent on the Inquiry. If Mitch thinks that Trump will lose in 2020 he'll flip on Trump in a New York heartbeat. Mitch is all about winning and he doesn't want a sure loser (Trump) running which'll cost House and Senate seats. So, if polls continue to drop for Trump the odds of Trump even running go down. This ain't 1-2 but I put it at 2 to 1, meaning I'll bet $2 and get back my $2 plus $4.

my $.02
If this were true, there is absolutely positively no chance that the odds makers would have him far and away the leading candidate to win, even though that doesnt mean he is automatically removed from office. There is just zero logic in that.

48,610 posts, read 35,078,116 times
Quote:
Classic Trump.

That's not his mouth.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-30-2019, 02:56 PM

1,070 posts, read 398,545 times
Quote:
Classic Trump.

I have two advantages!

1- I'm from NY and I know a con-man when I see one

2- I'm a career salesman. There's a 'saying' among us salesmen: "you can't BS a salesman - we know when someone is BSing"

It's comic relief for me to hear Trump BSing non-stop

What's even funnier is listening to Trump supporters:

1- Trump didn't say that
2- Trump said it but he didn't mean it
3- Trump is misunderstood
4 - you took it outta context
5- so what if he said it
6- Crooked Hillary
7- "Fake news"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies