Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:45 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,336,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It would not be a question (and it is to people who matter) if she was not who she is, and her husband was not who he is.
You don't see anything there the way Russians didn't see missiles in Cuba. It just doesn't fit with your narrative.
Other people - people who matter - are looking at it. Thank God for them.
It is pure politics at work. This particular article has nothing to do with facts, and as an Advanced Class Amateur Radio license holder I don't know how to make that any more obvious to you.

Quote:
If you wanted to stay covert, you would not get licensed. Without a license, no one knows about it, the article never gets written, and this silly thread never gets started.
It has certainly reminded me of why I HATE politics so much...

What is my narrative, anyway? I'm a ham. I'm not a democrat. Please explain.

Last edited by Raddo; 08-13-2018 at 08:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 09:00 AM

11,987 posts, read 5,311,776 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks that was ever the claim is functionally illiterate.
Then why include it in the post if it isn’t supporting your position? It made you look like a moron.

As if the entire thread doesn’t read like a Nutter’s Convention.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Then why include it in the post if it isn’t supporting your position? It made you look like a moron.
Politics. The poster you are replying to is so political that politics taints everything. With everything tainted, it is quite easy to stay on your own political side on all issues, whether you are far left or far right, while sincerely believing that the facts supports you.

Please notice that statement does not mention democrats or republicans or conservatives or liberals. It applies universally to anyone who has politics ruling their lives.

I have to believe that if the sides were reversed, with this ham radio related propaganda trying to cast a negative light on a high-profile conservative, that the reactions from these politically-mired posters would be exactly opposite.

Last edited by Raddo; 08-13-2018 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-13-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
But it is suspicious. Communication records are not kept for ham traffic. Internet and phone records are kept, and that is why she found another method of communicating. No one believes she was communicating to Russia; lots of people believe she wanted to communicate with someone she should not have been talking to.
I'm sorry everyone, but sometimes posts are sooooooo off-base and ridiculous that I have to respond to them a second time, so if you are already annoyed by this thread please ignore this post.

Listener2307, you have it EXACTLY BACKWARDS.

Today's radio technology has resulted in SDRs (Software Defined Radios). These radios digitally sample the RF (Radio Frequency) spectrum, and display it in such a way so that any transmissions on any frequency can be instantly detected and recorded. If someone (licensed or not) was suspected of making illegal transmissions, all it would take to catch them is for the FCC to park a communications van nearby.

You can see the type of display I am referring to (and even listen to hams) in real-time by visiting http://www.websdr.org. There are hundreds of ham-owned SDR radios connected to the Internet, all over the world.

On the other hand, the Internet has a part of it called the "dark web". It is called the dark web because by using special software, your Internet packets are routed through so many routers (thousands) that trying to trace communications through them is not possible. If you don't believe that, google "dark web".

So, to try using ham radio to do what is being implied by this propaganda: Risky, stupid, and easily caught.

Using the dark web to do the same thing: Almost impossible to get caught.

If you were her, which method of covert communication would you choose?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:14 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,414,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You mean like Republicans have done constantly in the past?

Good thing the Mueller investigation is based on actual crimes committed, and has had people plead guilty to things already!

Seriously though, talk about off topic and deflection. This thread is nonsense, and your response is hilarious.
uhm... not to be a stickler but the Mueller investigation was not started over "actual crimes", "accusations of crimes" or even "crimes". The Mueller investigation was started as a counter intelligence investigation.

Thus far, no person charged with a crime has been charged with a crime related to the counter intelligence investigation.

but im quibbling... about facts.... I know they are pesky things that don't always align with the agenda.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:21 AM

25,619 posts, read 17,360,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
It is pure politics at work. This particular article has nothing to do with facts, and as an Advanced Class Amateur Radio license holder I don't know how to make that any more obvious to you.

It has certainly reminded me of why I HATE politics so much...

What is my narrative, anyway? I'm a ham. I'm not a democrat. Please explain.
I'm an ex ham too, N4DVN back in the 60's and 70's, when we could do 12 WPM and have a license for a bug. So don't preach.

OK.
So she buys a radio and gets a license. Fine. Not guilty of anything and if someone notices her new hobby, it's just a hobby. No problem.

But say she buys a radio, foregoes the license and says nothing about it until the FBI searches her house (her husband was under investigation) and finds it. No license. That's a problem. Now she has no explanation. Big Red Flag.

Don't you think she figured all this out? Don't you think she knew that the radio would need some sort of cover story? And her cover story is, "It's a hobby. I get on there every night and contact strangers so we can talk about ham equipment." And she knows it is a challenge for anyone to prove otherwise. That's the whole point.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I'm an ex ham too, N4DVN back in the 60's and 70's, when we could do 12 WPM and have a license for a bug. So don't preach.

OK.
So she buys a radio and gets a license. Fine. Not guilty of anything and if someone notices her new hobby, it's just a hobby. No problem.

But say she buys a radio, foregoes the license and says nothing about it until the FBI searches her house (her husband was under investigation) and finds it. No license. That's a problem. Now she has no explanation. Big Red Flag.

Don't you think she figured all this out? Don't you think she knew that the radio would need some sort of cover story? And her cover story is, "It's a hobby. I get on there every night and contact strangers so we can talk about ham equipment." And she knows it is a challenge for anyone to prove otherwise. That's the whole point.
C-R-A-Z-Y.

Ham radios are not contraband. I had one and listened to it and learned from it for years before I got my first license. Now you are trying to infer that I (or anyone) could have gotten in trouble for it.

I would hate to see you on a jury. A red flag for a radio found in a house that has no licensed ham residing there? You must be circumstantial-evidence driven.

I can preach a little bit to you on ham radio: My first license is from the 70's also, I passed my 20 WPM code test, and have a 25 WPM endorsement. And unlike you, I am still licensed and listening to one right now.

BTW, the code requirement for a general class license back then was 13 WPM, not 12.

Last edited by Raddo; 08-13-2018 at 11:45 AM..

Old 08-13-2018, 11:45 AM

25,619 posts, read 17,360,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
C-R-A-Z-Y.

Ham radios are not contraband.

I would hate to see you on a jury. A red flag for a radio found in a house that has no licensed ham residing there? You must be circumstantial-evidence driven.

I can preach a little bit to you on ham radio: My first license is from the 70's also, I passed my 20 WPM code test, and have a 25 WPM endorsement. And unlike you, I am still licensed.

BTW, the code requirement for a general class licence was 13 WPM, not 12.
I am 'circumstantial evidence driven', because it is perfectly admissible and perfectly legal. If there is snow on the ground and the ground was clear the night before, that is circumstantial evidence that it snowed during the night and that evidence can be admitted.

Nellie Ohr applied for a radio license one month after being contacted by Fusion GPS.
Bruce Ohr did not disclose his wife's connection with Fusion GPS and did not obtain conflict waiver from his boss.
The violations from Bruce Ohr may send him to jail. Follow the link. Bruce and Nellie worked on behalf of DNC to help Clinton win a victory. It's pretty clear. He's already been demoted because of circumstantial evidence.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I am 'circumstantial evidence driven', because it is perfectly admissible and perfectly legal. If there is snow on the ground and the ground was clear the night before, that is circumstantial evidence that it snowed during the night and that evidence can be admitted.

Nellie Ohr applied for a radio license one month after being contacted by Fusion GPS.
Bruce Ohr did not disclose his wife's connection with Fusion GPS and did not obtain conflict waiver from his boss.
The violations from Bruce Ohr may send him to jail. Follow the link. Bruce and Nellie worked on behalf of DNC to help Clinton win a victory. It's pretty clear. He's already been demoted because of circumstantial evidence.
There's obviously no getting through your Political exterior. That's Political, with a capital P.

Again, you are absolutely wrong when it comes to present day technology:

Using ham radio to do what is being implied by this propaganda: Risky, stupid, and easily caught.

Using the dark web to do the same thing: Almost impossible to get caught.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 AM

11,987 posts, read 5,311,776 times
With apologies to the Barber in Man of La Mancha:

Quote:
BARBER
(aside to Sancho)
I can hear the cuckoo singing
In the cuckooberry tree...

SANCHO
(aside to Barber)
If he says that that's a helmet
I suggest that you agree...

BARBER
(aside to Sancho)
But he'll find it is not gold
And will not make him bold and brave...

SANCHO
(aside to Barber)
Well, at least he'll find it useful
If he ever needs a shave!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies