Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 03:36 PM

5,459 posts, read 6,061,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm on her side on most issues but I can't stand her delivery. When she was on Bill Maher a few years back it was uncomfortable to watch..she's a grown woman and she seems like a college freshman who just can't believe that people don't agree with her. I can see how people on the right can dislike her as much as those on the left hate someone like Hannity, who is the pits of all humanity.
Her delivery reminds me of Diane Rehm on a small dose of steroids. Diane could draw a 2 minute monolog into a thirty minute program. Rachel can drag a 10 minute story into a one hour program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 03:37 PM

19,787 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I enjoyed her crybaby rant after Trump won. Otherwise, she's a mean and hateful person (like most libs).
If she's mean, well then Hannity is a stark raving frothing at the mouth psycho.

Oh wait he is. And full of bull snot too.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:50 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I enjoyed her crybaby rant after Trump won. Otherwise, she's a mean and hateful person (like most libs).
She mostly seems to talk facts. Sorry if you view facts as being mean and hateful.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:09 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So much hatred right there in that post.

We laugh at Maddow and the snowflakes easily offended, while you hate the world around you.

It is like calling someone wearing a cowboy hat, a Redneck thinking they will be offended, ashamed and hurt. If you live it, own it and everything that comes with it. The consequences of your choices in life can be damning.
I only dislike republicans who want to destroy our democracy. You don’t know a thing about me. I just can’t stand all the righties covering up for Trumps blundering. This administration is a laughing stock of the world. Putin is playing Trump. Never thought I would see Republicans ignoring a breech of our election process. What has Trump done to protect our votes? NOTHING.....

Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly. And her her guests are on point.

I appreciate that she doesn't waste time with guests like Steve Miller, Kellyanne Conway, Jeffrey Lord, ...

She focuses on the important stories, doesn't seem to get tangled up in the silliness of the day. When her show ends, I usually have a deeper, broader understanding of what's going on.

Maddow just cuts through the muddle of "Gaslighting, Obstruction, and Projecting" going on.

She connects the dots.
I appreciate that she refuses to focus on the idiot's tweets. My son likes her but says he gets tired of her focus on Russia sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Won't happen. It's not in her wheelhouse to be "mean and hateful" or cruel like her detractors are posting in this thread. She's very respectful and calm even to people she disagrees with. Articulate women scare Trumpettes.
She is very respectful. She filleted Kelly Anne like a fish in the kindest, most soft-spoken way possible.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:36 PM

404 posts, read 193,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, we'll take it as a given, Trump supporters, that you loathe Maddow and will insult her any way you can - which is tough, because she's pretty good at what she does, especially the way she cites sources to back up her statements. You needn't bother taking up space with the obvious attacks.

But Maddow fans will like this. I knew she was smart, but I didn't know that she was a Rhodes scholar.

Trump's TV Nemesis
How Rachel Maddow constructs a narrative
By Janet Malcolm

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...mps-tv-nemesis
There is just something about that big bull neck which Rachel likes to inflate so as to make her more manly that is really bothering.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:14 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
There is just something about that big bull neck which Rachel likes to inflate so as to make her more manly that is really bothering.
My question is this: Why, as a lesbian is she so obsessed with abortion?

Old 01-10-2018, 06:41 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I think Maddow is brilliant, extremely well educated, talented and gifted. Hannity, college drop out, shouldn't even be in the same discussion.
Hannity is light years better than Maddow could ever hope to be!

Old 01-10-2018, 06:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Smart gal but unfortunately a partisan hack. She could do much better but I guess stupid sells to the lefties who adore her.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Hannity is light years better than Maddow could ever hope to be!
Hannity is an inveterate liar...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies