Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 11:23 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,289,432 times

Advertisements

So lets think about this. The topic under discussion, if the articles I have read are correct, was needing to extend or create a special immigration status for people from countries that are in such bad shape that the liberal side believes it would be a crime against humanity to deport the temporary refugees back to their homeland in the condition their homeland is in, but if this same country gets referred to, in a private meeting about helping these people, as a sh*thole specifically because of the horrible conditions, then the country has been wrongly insulted?

What part of the fact that we are considering special immigration status for these folks specifically because their country IS a sh*thole escapes those whining about what the POTUS said?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:24 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,588,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Are you that obtuse or are you just playing games?
Asking an honest question.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:25 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,588,793 times
If their countries aren't sh$$holes, why are they here on asylum status?

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The England that my ancestors fled certainly was. The country was reeling from a Civil War, and people were going around rounding up royalists and murdering them and their entire families
You can always tell who has never picked up a book in their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerDude View Post
I'm racist and I support my racist President. I challenge you to do something about it!
For the Trump supporters who oppose those who say he’s a bigot, here you go.

One of your own.

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
The snowflakes are melting again.

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Here is the deal. Trump could have said these things.

-We need merit based immigration
-We need to attract the best that we can
-We need to control our borders and enforce the immigration laws that we have.

He would have gotten a good point across without being a bigot. But he resorted to insulting other people's countries. The only thing he is doing is making more enemies. You can get the truth across without being coarse and ugly about it. But if being coarse and cruel is your style, then there is no hope for you.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:26 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,432,152 times
Another distraction from the Russia investigation. My favorite name right now....Robert Mueller.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:26 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,630,780 times
But what if countries like Haiti **ARE** sh*tholes?

It's nice to have a President who tells it like it is at last. Trump was a construction guy from New York, that's the way many of them talk. And we knew that when we voted for him.

And in this case, they speak the truth.

Yet the Trump-haters continually feign "surprise" and "outrage", as they do every time Trump acts like Trump.

Haiti has had more natural disasters, it seems, per person that almost every other nation on earth. That's not their fault. The destructions and death tolls have been horrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sters_in_Haiti

Thy also get massive aid, before and after. The United States is the principal benefactor, and we don't begrudge them a penny. (Where are the other countries who criticize the US for being "heartless" or "stingy"? How much are they contributing to help out?)

Parts of Haiti get rebuilt, sometimes, after each disaster. But much of the island remains poor, broken-down, disease-ridden, even years or decades afterward, despite the massive aid from countries like the U.S.

Yes, it's very tough, after the disasters they have had. But do they have something better to do than rebuild and help themselves, in the years following the latest disaster (such as the earthquake of 2010), especially with the massive aid?

Haiti is, in fact, a sh*thole. President Trump was speaking no more than the truth. Crudely, but appropriately. The Haitians are struggling to live, but not so much to rebuild. They seem to want no more than more alms from countries like America, to stave off the disease, homelessness and starvation that never seem to recede in much of the land, even years later.

There's a name for countries like that. What's wrong with the President telling the truth and naming it?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:27 AM

776 posts, read 747,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Its one thing to talk about a different immigration policy, and its something completely different to dehumanize entire countries of people. This is not the America I was born in. Its becoming something much more cruel and coarse.
Dehumanize entire countries? Those countries do a pretty good job of that themselves.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:27 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,372,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Another distraction from the Russia investigation. My favorite name right now....Robert Mueller.
New meaning of #MAGA = Mueller Ain't Going Away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies