Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:34 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Never heard of the guy.

Um kay, lets flood the country with people that have 70 or less IQ...put em to work at NASA
That's just the problem with some people. They perceive of themselves and people who remind themselves of self, and they then begin to condescend and make themselves believe that they're far superior to others. This is a sign of narcissism. A mental disease that is self-driven by ego.

So based upon your IQ theory, all people belonging to a group with some "known" average IQ should be banned from U.S. entry. That would imply that all people with some "higher" specified IQ should be given special status in our country.

So what if they're "intelligent", but criminally insane? What if they're "intelligent", but habor a serious hatred towards people with blonde hair?

Intelligence as measured by a variable IQ standard is a very weak premise by which to judge anyone. That's especially so as it's concerns itself with an entire group of people. I can assure you, I've spent most of my life with so-called "intelligent" people with well-established "high" IQ's and all I can say is that IQ scores are highly overrated.

Over half of these so-called "intelligent" people have other mental problems that would seriously negate any academic, scientific, or professional advantage they'd have over another person of "average" intelligence.

Besides, I've personally met Haitians, Nigerians, Ethiopians, both South and Central Americans. I not only found most of them to be intelligent, industrious, and creative, but also pleasant people to know as well.

They most certainly were of great human character and carried themselves with dignity. Something that Trump seems to be devoid.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:42 PM

23,597 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
That's just the problem with some people. They perceive of themselves and people who remind themselves of self, and they then begin to condescend and make themselves believe that they're far superior to others. This is a sign of narcissism. A mental disease that is self-driven by ego.

So based upon your IQ theory, all people belonging to a group with some "known" average IQ should be banned from U.S. entry. That would imply that all people with some "higher" specified IQ should be given special status in our country.

So what if they're "intelligent", but criminally insane? What if they're "intelligent", but habor a serious hatred towards people with blonde hair?

Intelligence as measured by a variable IQ standard is a very weak premise by which to judge anyone. That's especially so as it's concerns itself with an entire group of people. I can assure you, I've spent most of my life with so-called "intelligent" people with well-established "high" IQ's and all I can say is that IQ scores are highly overrated.

Over half of these so-called "intelligent" people have other mental problems that would seriously negate any academic, scientific, or professional advantage they'd have over another person of "average" intelligence.

Besides, I've personally met Haitians, Nigerians, Ethiopians, both South and Central Americans. I not only found most of them to be intelligent, industrious, and creative, but also pleasant people to know as well.

They most certainly were of great human character and carried themselves with dignity. Something that Trump seems to be devoid.
I'm just a human, no better and no worse than any other.
The only one coming off as trying to be superior is you.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:42 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
DT long has suffered from diarrhea of the mouth. Things come out of his mouth often uncontrolled and seemingly without much thought. One realizes there are those who find and or found such things "refreshing" or whatever, but what plays well in the man's private and or business life does *NOT* equally translate into politics.

Words have meaning, and once uttered cannot be taken back. That leaves people scrambling to either stand by their statements, and or attempting to explain things were *misunderstood* or whatever.

Over a year into being POTUS and DT seemingly still does not understand politics, or maybe just does not care.

Florida was a huge and unexpected win for DT that got him into the WH. It also is home to large communities of Haitians and others from the *shi**y* countries mentioned. DT's recent remarks now are forcing GOP in Florida to scramble in what will be a pivotal midterm races and coming governor as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.e38c2f8edb68

DT just does not seem to understand people have *guns* and yet he keeps giving them bullets.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:50 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Our birth rate is too low? What a crock. That's what Merkel told the Germans so they'd let all the Muslim refugees in. Wow! That ain't working out too well for them or any country that bought into that. America has no shortage of America born children.
Yes, the birth rate is too low, no need to get your knickers in a bunch over it, look it up for yourself

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.321d4f9fd497

Old 01-13-2018, 11:53 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And your proof of such a baseless claim is presented by what evidence?

Old 01-13-2018, 11:54 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
You just described Obama, Clinton, and Trump. People in power tend to be narcissistic. In this case, they are superior - we know because they all told us they are.

With that said, you're diatribe to sound especially superior (at least in your own mind) was pointless. We don't have to dissect and psychoanalyze why people project anything. Citizens and especially legal immigrants simply want people from other countries to follow our laws.

I don't care if babies were brought here illegally by no choice of their own. They have the audacity to demand what THEY WANT from this country?

Rather than blame this country and its citizens they should blame their parents for putting their families in such a position. They should get to the back of the line and earn what they want rather than demand it.

If bleeding heart liberals would rather protect people from other countries and make them more important than the citizens who they deem "immoral and racist" on a daily basis... then they should be analyzed to determine what is prompting them to be doltish and anti-American, while claiming "this isn't America!" as if they even care about this country. Sorry, they are the immoral and racist jerks, not us.

Yes, this is a country of immigrants. Except all of my ancestors, and most everyone else, came through the lines, not over the fences!!!

DAMN straight the progressive version of this country isn't even close to being American!!!

Originally Posted by berdee

Quote:
I guess you're the only one who doesn't see it. THAT is also a trait narcissists share. They don't have a clue about how they broadcast themselves. That you would require "proof" in a forum, about yourself? Well... heh, Nuff said.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-14-2018 at 12:05 AM..

Old 01-13-2018, 11:59 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It hasn't. https://www.researchgate.net/publica...or_108_nations

Also, 50 years of IQ testing from every corner of the world shows the same gaps. Even when the tests are designed by people trying specifically just to eliminate bias (meaning the main experimental objective of their design was not measuring intelligence, but creating a test that would measure intelligence without bias).

Quote:

IQ is just one predictor of success. Literacy and fluency, a skillset that is economically viable, and sufficient resources to avoid becoming dependent, are all additional desirable qualities that an acceptable candidate for entry would possess.

BTW, nobody has yet answered the question why we need to give immigrants permanent residency or citizenship, if we are importing them in order to fill holes in our workforce? The workforce is in flux, so the needs of today will not be around in 10 years. Why do we need to give temporary workers citizenship? Do we have some kind of shortage of citizens I've not heard about? We have 300M already...seems like plenty.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:00 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I answered it as directly as is possible.

Americans don't like "Merit based immigration" because it's based on the needs of the accepting nation. Taking in refugees and immigrants has always been based on the immediate needs of the immigrants. They wouldn't be immigrants if they weren't in need.
It's how we've always been and we're better for it.

Only Successful Italians, Poles, Irish, Scotts, Germans and all those who can prove substantial financial stability need apply.
Bull **** That's never been our immigration policy.

Not much different excluding people you don't particularly prefer because of some judgmental stereotype as it was for the removal of people you didn't like during the 40s in Europe.

The results are the same and results are all that matters, but I think you and those who agree with you already know this.
Speak for yourself, and this is not even entirely true. We have had limits on immigration in the past. We turned people away for certain reasons in the past. We even turned people away at Ellis Island. They came all the way here, and had to go all the way back.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:02 AM

23,597 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
meh , if you can't see it , i can't help.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
A beautiful post and exactly what I did. I voted for Hillary holding my nose. I changed my mind on him when, shortly after the election, he phoned (or accepted a call) from the President of Taiwan.
He doesn't play games; I'm sick of the pomp and circumstance and the game the elites play "all for our own good" while we foot the bills.

I didn't vote for Clinton (the true criminal) choosing to vote my conscience for Johnson. The only person not a criminal in one way or another. For once I didn't want to choose between the lesser of two evils.

After the pure hate, the left has shown over the last year... the eternal circle of lies and meaningless apologies, lies and meaningless apologies, lies and meaningless apologies... while screaming some of the most absurd, racist and hateful things believing they have the moral high ground? How absurd is that?

Is it just a couple hundred million of us or have the progressives actually lost their minds? I'd have to say they have.

Hate has driven them insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies