Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 07:50 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
No, he just should have kept his mouth shut, and the comments wouldn't be headlines around the world. He brought all this negative attention on himself, his own worst enemy. There was no need to even go there, some things you just have to keep to yourself, or hold your tongue. Only people who don't have a problem with this is his hard core base. All of this will be made into political attack ads against him, like if there wasn't enough stuff out there already.
Lol, I have no problem with what he said and I am far from being his base, I voted for Hillary and do not like Trump before he ever entered politics.

People are harping all over Trump, yet ignoring the leaders of countries where people are risking their lives to flee from.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The first slave owner in America was BLACK.
Link? While my views are balanced I am skeptical.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Unless you are a native American then your ancestors also came from someplace else. By the way, have you been to any of those places he talks about? Ever been to Africa? Some of the kindest people you'll ever meet in your life.
There isn't any such thing as a Native American, because humans are not indigenous to the Americas. But if you're going to define it based on time of first arrival, then Europeans are the Native Americans, as they were the first people to set foot on the continent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They're just mad our President is insulting other countries instead of our own.
Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
You don't realize that using South Africa as an example only hurts your argument. Hmmm. What demographics makes South Africa different from the rest of Africa,
If the US absolutely must import Africans, we should limit it to White Africans - as they are the only people that need refuge from the majority.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I keep asking to see how many times they ignore then throw it back at them when they do say something. They are funny like that I've asked three times already lol.
Those requirements are there; I suspect honored in the breach. Also they pull in droves of relatives who would not otherwise qualify.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:52 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
So black people are incapable of building anything nice?
Please name something, a country or even a city that is predominantly black and operated by black politicians and is not a sh$thole.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 PM

23,477 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I have never before heard the word "sh!thole" used on television like I have the past few days, and some of these talking heads (I'm speaking to you Don Lemon) took this opportunity to overuse the word. If you drank every time his panel said it, you'd have been drunk in less than an hour.

Pres. Trump is lowering the standards of the office to a place never before occupied by a sitting President.
msn, corrupted by the left, have only themselves to blame for their lowered standard, those standards had gone by the wayside during the last admin.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Well, this thread only confirms that racial tensions/resentment never went away. Now it is just erupting beyond the surface.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I can agree with that, but that have nothing to do with the things that comes out of this man mouth. The economy is lost in the mix, because if it wasn't this controversy it would be another one. I'll give it another week or two and it will be a brand new controversy of his own doing, or of his own tweeting. The damage he is inflicting on his own party, will take a long time to repair once he is gone. I mean, the UN Security Council denounces the comments of the President of the United States, something they would do with leaders of a third world nation, or rogue nation. People are going to be so sick and tired of this drama, I can see a humiliating and humbling landslide in the making.
We (and I did not vote for him) thought this way in August 2016. Look what happened. The Democrats need to return to the people and away from transgender bathrooms and transsexuals in the military fast.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
No music.

In short, zero progress towards civilization.
You go too far. They did have music and their musical contributions have been quite strong. Don't over-make the case.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what you are saying is that a normal person is vulgar, bigoted, childish, and mean? If that is your definition of a "normal person", I would rather deal with Upper West Siders, university professors, and diplomats any day of the week. Last I checked, I like some of my old professors.
To all you sanctimonious, holier than though fakers, get off your high horse! Show me your outrage when Graham called Mexico a "hellhole."

"Our problem is we can’t have everybody in the world who lives in a HELLHOLE come to America."

Even Trump didn't say this.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/952063735056576512
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies