Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 AM

36,623 posts, read 30,953,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
A study last year found that legal prostitution did reduce the instances of reported sexual assault, in addition to new cases of STDs.

Even though it isn't a profession I would want, or wish on any of my children, I believe that it should be legalized, made safe, and taxed.
Do you have a link to that study? I am interested in reading how it was conducted. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 10:19 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,124,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
A study last year found that legal prostitution did reduce the instances of reported sexual assault, in addition to new cases of STDs.

Even though it isn't a profession I would want, or wish on any of my children, I believe that it should be legalized, made safe, and taxed.
To add onto this, there are plenty of professions that I wouldn't want to do and do not want my children to do. Like daredevil, stuntman, and all professions that have anything to do with the RNC. That doesn't mean I want to make those illegal.

There is nothing wrong with prostitution. As long as all parties involved are consenting adults and there are no pimps involved, why not?

Old 01-15-2018, 10:38 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,857,135 times
Ugh. That article was hard to read. But that dame is delusional. What we have here is sexual incompatibility. And what's up with her "non-verbal cues?" These are the kind of women who can't make it in the boardroom, either.

This was an awkward, consensual sexual encounter between two adults. Nothing was forced on her, any more than she was forced to drink the white wine, though she prefers red.

She should grow up, SAY what she wants/doesn't want, stop playing the victim, and quit minimizing REAL sexual assault by marinating in offense because she didn't "click" with this guy.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:43 PM

19,709 posts, read 12,284,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Ugh. That article was hard to read. But that dame is delusional. What we have here is sexual incompatibility. And what's up with her "non-verbal cues?" These are the kind of women who can't make it in the boardroom, either.

This was an awkward, consensual sexual encounter between two adults. Nothing was forced on her, any more than she was forced to drink the white wine, though she prefers red.

She should grow up, SAY what she wants/doesn't want, stop playing the victim, and quit minimizing REAL sexual assault by marinating in offense because she didn't "click" with this guy.
She definitely sounds like an emotionally unbalanced snowflake.

Celebrity men should not be messing around with subordinates or strangers they meet and expecting things to go smoothly. If they want sex they need to have a "sure thing" set up with willing women, whether you want to call that prostitution or not. It can be done legally. Because this isn't working.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:16 PM

993 posts, read 768,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Aziz Ansari, a comedian whom I find funny, went on a date with this woman. Now she is portraying herself as a victim.

"[The woman] has claimed that Ansari repeatedly tried to pressure into having sex over the course of the night."

Er, that's what usually happens on a date. It's up to the woman to set boundaries. She said she gave him verbal and nonverbal cues. I'm going out on a limb here and maybe I am very unusual as a woman for saying that if I had been in her shoes I WOULD HAVE LEFT. That is the best nonverbal cue, lady!

If you aren't a mature woman, don't date! Stay at home with your girlfriends and knit pink pussyhats. More men for the rest of us!

Article here
So you’re attracted to creepy losers you have to fight off all night? Are those the kind of men you attract? On most of your dates you have to fend them off to prevent them from assaulting you? And then, on most of your dates, you leave after you've had enough? Why bother? Are you that desperate to have a “man†in your life?

Old 01-15-2018, 03:44 PM

20,778 posts, read 8,618,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
So you’re attracted to creepy losers you have to fight off all night? Are those the kind of men you attract? On most of your dates you have to fend them off to prevent them from assaulting you? And then, on most of your dates, you leave after you've had enough? Why bother? Are you that desperate to have a “man†in your life?
That is a very funny and "creative" interpretation of what I said.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,650,256 times
Quote:
That is a very funny and "creative" interpretation of what I said.

Why do some people who don't like what was posted, create an imaginary fairy tale about what was said and then accuse the poster of saying it? Are people really that bored?

Old 01-15-2018, 04:01 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,375,398 times
Quote:
Aziz Ansari, a comedian whom I find funny, went on a date with this woman. Now she is portraying herself as a victim.

"[The woman] has claimed that Ansari repeatedly tried to pressure into having sex over the course of the night."

Er, that's what usually happens on a date. It's up to the woman to set boundaries. She said she gave him verbal and nonverbal cues. I'm going out on a limb here and maybe I am very unusual as a woman for saying that if I had been in her shoes I WOULD HAVE LEFT. That is the best nonverbal cue, lady!

If you aren't a mature woman, don't date! Stay at home with your girlfriends and knit pink pussyhats. More men for the rest of us!

Article here
So when you go on a date you expect a man to repeatedly pressure you to have sex? Maybe you should use more discretion in who you date because that's just weird.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:58 PM

7,741 posts, read 6,485,176 times
It's ridiculous. Third wave feminists want to redefine consent to make it harder and harder for straight men to even as much as smile at a woman without being labelled as a predator. I am so glad I am gay. I ain't got time for emotionally immature people in my love life.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:32 PM

6,266 posts, read 5,081,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Re: the first bolded - I've been thinking for years that a lot of the knee-jerk attacks of racism (that were consciously used to derail conversations and put people on the defensive) have been so overplayed and overused, that it has minimized the pain and impact of real racism.

The same can be said for misogyny and sexual assault. I truly hope that liberals stop it soon - there are people who have been genuinely damaged as a result of real racism and real sexual assault. And I don't want to see the weight of those words become meaningless.

Re: the second bolded - does anyone else have words that just resonate (and not in a good way)? When someone uses the word Period now (as a way to emphasize a point) I always (always) now think of "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Period". Whenever I hear the word Smidgen now I immediately think of "not a smidgen of corruption". And when I hear the word Marinated I think of Oprah Winfrey talking about old white people who have been marinated in racism.

I wish people would just stop it. Stop with the hate. Stop with the never ending toxic drumbeat of garbage. Surely nobody really wants to live like this..................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies