Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 01:41 PM

1,330 posts, read 701,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Those things have nothing to do with your condition; you're a ticking time bomb.
Ohhhh what happens when I explode?

Old 01-17-2018, 01:43 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,954,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
You don't speak for God.
I most certainly do, as these are not my words but His.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:45 PM

1,330 posts, read 701,246 times
Quote:
Can you please show me which books of the Bible that God or Jesus authored, please?

Old 01-17-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Romans is not in the Bible.

If you follow G-d's word as you say you do, then why are you bringing up blasphemous texts written by false prophets?

Two can play at this game, scgraham.
You're playing the games; I'm giving the Bible, and the Bible is God's final say.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:49 PM

693 posts, read 358,261 times
Quote:
I said that Sodom and Gomorrah engaged in many sins, and homosexuality was one of them. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed before the Law of Moses was given by God. Here's what the Law stipulated:

Leviticus 18
[22] Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
[23] Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
[24] Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
[25] And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
[26] Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
[27] (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled
[28] That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
[29] For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
[30] Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

I've read that garbage. I know what the law stipulates. You don't need to regurgitate that excrement to me.

Leviticus law has zero to do with what I said. I said that nowhere in the bible does it state that homosexual behavior was practiced by everyone in Sodom. There were guilty of many sins. That doesn't mean that every single person in that city partook in every single sin mentioned.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:49 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,273,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The bible describes it as a spirit of confusion . Also if one entertains the idea that they are attracted to the same sex they are what they believe. Fact is our belief system is many times is wrong. No big deal when someone thinks they are what they believe. Fact is they get the attraction mixed up with admiration , then turns physical which is what causes the confusion.

Fact is they are carried away just as drugs get one hooked. They can break the bond . We have names for all kinds of people and what their actions are. Transgender, bi sexual.. sex is like a drug. One must keep their mind from entertaining lust . One can overcome anything with the help of God.
So, are you saying that under different conditions, you could have been attracted to someone of your sex?

Old 01-17-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The bible was written by humans. You were taught the bible by humans. You are interpreting it as a human.

Just as I am - in a different way. And that's okay. Neither is objectively more or less valid.
The the books in the Bible were given by God for mankind. Ignore His words if you want, but you can't play the ignorant card on that Day.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:52 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,158,578 times
Quote:
...according to the Bible, which was written by humans and taught by humans for generations.

And even then, there is so much debate on interpretation, that how can anyone definitively say their interpretation is what God really meant?

If it's faith you have, great. But others have equally strong faith in different interpretations - or in different religions altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies