Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 05:34 PM

312 posts, read 268,581 times

Advertisements

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-t...pus-1516215419

I'm surprised we haven't seen a thread on this yet. This is huge, especially since $38 billion in taxes is coming back onshore, which is much needed and can help ameliorate the increase in the deficit and well as hopefully lead to a bi-partisan infrastructure bill in 2018

Apple recently said it had $252 billion in cash or cash equivalents abroad. Without these tax cuts, which I may add was done by the GOP/Trump and all 48 Democrats voted against, companies such as Apple would not be willing to bring business and money back to US shores.

How are dems gonna spin this one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 05:38 PM

31,919 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-t...pus-1516215419

I'm surprised we haven't seen a thread on this yet. This is huge, especially since $38 billion in taxes is coming back onshore, which is much needed and can help ameliorate the increase in the deficit and well as hopefully lead to a bi-partisan infrastructure bill in 2018

Apple recently said it had $252 billion in cash or cash equivalents abroad. Without these tax cuts, which I may add was done by the GOP/Trump and all 48 Democrats voted against, companies such as Apple would not be willing to bring business and money back to US shores.

How are dems gonna spin this one?

Been there, and done that. Please keep up.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...0-billion.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...500-bonus.html

Old 01-17-2018, 05:42 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times
Thankyou for the crumbs massa!

Old 01-17-2018, 05:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Hah, I am a BIG Apple Investor and read an article yesterday about how repatriation is going to LOWER US PROFITS and make for much worse numbers. You see - the piper must be paid. All these years it wasn't, so things looked good - but when you have to pay (21%?), then things look very different.

I'm not selling and I'm not worried.

But - not how conservatives championed what is perhaps the finest HQ and Campus in the WORLD which was designed and built by Apple in CALIFORNIA during the OBAMA administration. Shhhh......don't mention that....it might go against the opinion you already formed.

Bottom line is these large multi-nationals could care less. They need to sell good products...and in the end whether they pay 18%, 20%, 21% or 25% (I think 24% is the average that US firms pay), it doesn't matter a bit.

Tell me that you are smarter than 100's of Apple accountants and I'll listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies