Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:22 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to FOX's Bret Baier and once you click on the link you can then go to the interview: Bret Baier | Fox News.

General Kelly came off as a dedicated, hard working advisor to President Trump and he especially has the best interest our Country as his number one goal. This 'retired' General is worth every dollar we pay him and then more. Trump really picked a winner!

It is a great interview to watch; it's concise and gets right to the point. It also explains many of the problems that have been twisted out of proportion by the left. I also think Bret Baier did a great job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 07:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Kelly is evolving. That's what I heard.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Trump saw it and he was not happy about it. He's been tweeting maddly this morning, contradicting what Kelly said about the wall.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:23 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Kelly called Trump a rookie who has no idea what he is doing. The Don fought back via Twitter as normal. Kelly was right and Trump confirmed it. A great interview it was.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump saw it and he was not happy about it. He's been tweeting maddly this morning, contradicting what Kelly said about the wall.
If you saw the interview; the General does not try to control Trump's Tweets or does he condemn them. What I heard is this out of General Kelly: If Trump fails, I fail and so does the Nation.

The left loves to play up division and question our leadership - I saw none of that in the interview. I did see an honorable man trying to make our Country great again. The left should try working for us that hard!

Last edited by fisheye; 01-18-2018 at 07:43 AM..

Old 01-18-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Kelly called Trump a rookie who has no idea what he is doing. The Don fought back via Twitter as normal. Kelly was right and Trump confirmed it. A great interview it was.
Perhaps you did not listen to the same interview? Kelly did not put down our President; He said that our President was quick to learn and wanted to hear all sides of the arguments. The left wants us to come away thinking that our President is pig headed and will never change.

This interview is like everything else; some will try to spin it for their own purposes. Kelly said that this is the most important job he ever had, he went on to say it was the most difficult job he ever had - but he wants to be where he is and he feels that he is in the right spot at the right time. There are American lives at stake and he wants to help guide our President. He showed no disrespect for President Trump.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:50 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Gen Kelly is the steady COO to a charismatic, at times maddening, but full-throated CEO who is leading. Whether or not we realize it, or want it. We are so wrapped up in image, style, forgetting the most important ingredient in leadership is focus and dogged determination.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:52 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you saw the interview; the General does not try to control Trump's Tweets or does he condemn them. What I heard is this out of General Kelly: If Trump fails, I fail and so does the Nation.

The left loves to play up division and question our leadership - I saw none of that in the interview. I did see an honorable man trying to make our Country great again. The left should try working for us that hard!
I agree that if Trump fails we all fail. But what I got out of the interview and Trump's reaction to it is that Kelly doesn't have a real handle on what Trump is thinking at any given time and that Trump hates it when people under him does an interview that is well received by the public.

The left working with the right? The right controls everything right now. They don't need the left to pass ANYTHING. But they do need a president who is not PMSing every five minutes.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I agree that if Trump fails we all fail. But what I got out of the interview and Trump's reaction to it is that Kelly doesn't have a real handle on what Trump is thinking at any given time and that Trump hates it when people under him does an interview that is well received by the public.

The left working with the right? The right controls everything right now. They don't need the left to pass ANYTHING. But they do need a president who is not PMSing every five minutes.
What I have never heard out of the left is a question of whether Trump's Tweets where his own? So many times, during the election and even now, he immediately triggered a knee jerk reaction. Then after everybody cooled down; many saw a positive or true message to the tweet that originally angered them. Look at how both China and SK credit Trump for getting NK back to the bargaining table. Either our President is brilliant or he has a mess of ghost writers in his closet. Our President is known as a negotiator and his Tweets are just a part of those negotiations.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:30 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
You are perfectly correct. As a society, we are sooo overreactive. Social medium has made us as a society even more sooo overreactively sensitive. There is some, if not all, a tactical and strategic sense to the unsettling nature of the President's tweets. Of which, I doubt all are his.

Eastern negotiators are the queens and kings of unsettling, erratic negotiation tactics in my experience, never allowing their opponent to settle into a rhythm. Culturally, Westerners are extremely discomfited by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What I have never heard out of the left is a question of whether Trump's Tweets where his own? So many times, during the election and even now, he immediately triggered a knee jerk reaction. Then after everybody cooled down; many saw a positive or true message to the tweet that originally angered them. Look at how both China and SK credit Trump for getting NK back to the bargaining table. Either our President is brilliant or he has a mess of ghost writers in his closet. Our President is known as a negotiator and his Tweets are just a part of those negotiations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies