Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 10:35 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times

Advertisements

Soo the Looney Left is at it again. They want to ban future oil drilling, crush coal and now stop people from burning wood or at the very least make it more expensive to do so?

We have a wood stove and every night in the Winter we have it going to help supplement our heat which is otherwise fueled by oil.

It is a nice utopia that the Dems would have us living in where all fuels are clean and renewable like solar, wind, hydro dilithium crystals... but guess what the technology is not there yet so until then I will keep on burning wood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 02:12 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,961 times
Default Try to stay on topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What does smoking marijuana do for the environment?
Well for one thing it apparently make people from Tenn. forget what the topic of this thread is, so you should stop now.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:20 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Wood is a renewable energy resource. Wood stoves are excellent sources of inexpensive, affordable heat for many, and a good supplemental heat in the coldest months.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:27 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The EPA hasn't banned wood burning stoves.
from the forbes article-

"Most wood stoves that warm cabin and home residents from coast-to-coast can’t meet that standard. Older stoves that don’t cannot be traded in for updated types, but instead must be rendered inoperable, destroyed, or recycled as scrap metal."

are they going go door-to-door with search warrants? i dunno.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:39 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have to question the motive and sanity of these people.

The EPA has banned the production and sale of 80 percent of America’s current wood-burning stoves, the oldest heating method known to mankind and mainstay of rural homes and many of our nation’s poorest residents. The agency’s stringent one-size-fits-all rules apply equally to heavily air-polluted cities and far cleaner plus typically colder off-grid wilderness areas such as large regions of Alaska and the American West.

They even have the EPA forcing it upon the liberties of people to stay warm.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#2f8101e97ee0

Is this going too far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25OsRVc7e0
This might be the greatest BentBowish post by Bentbow I have seen yet.

- Links to an opinion piece from 2014, tries to play it off as new news.
- Turns out the opinion piece is flat out wrong.
- Questions the sanity of others
- End it with an Alex Jones video.

Perfect

Old 01-19-2018, 02:40 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
from the forbes article-

"Most wood stoves that warm cabin and home residents from coast-to-coast can’t meet that standard. Older stoves that don’t cannot be traded in for updated types, but instead must be rendered inoperable, destroyed, or recycled as scrap metal."

are they going go door-to-door with search warrants? i dunno.
That Forbes article was an opinion piece with nothing to back it up - in other words, pure right wing propaganda. Out here in the "wilderness" called the Western US, plenty of people use wood or pellet stoves to keep warm in the winter. I've used wood burning stoves the better part of my life and no one from the gubberment has ever raided my home or anyone else's to confiscate my wood burner and haul me off to jail. Depending upon a town's topography some areas can end up with winter time inversion layers which can keep all the particulates from wood burning stoves close in to the ground producing a smoggy effect. Certain towns like Taos and Santa Fe, NM or Durango, CO have local ordinances calling for more efficient wood burning stoves to deal with this problem. When it comes to wood burning stoves and global warming - that's a joke. As usual, on a slow news days the right will make up stories if they have nothing else better to do.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:41 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What does smoking marijuana do for the environment?
Wait. Whaaat?

Old 01-19-2018, 02:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have to question the motive and sanity of these people.

The EPA has banned the production and sale of 80 percent of America’s current wood-burning stoves, the oldest heating method known to mankind and mainstay of rural homes and many of our nation’s poorest residents. The agency’s stringent one-size-fits-all rules apply equally to heavily air-polluted cities and far cleaner plus typically colder off-grid wilderness areas such as large regions of Alaska and the American West.

They even have the EPA forcing it upon the liberties of people to stay warm.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#2f8101e97ee0

Is this going too far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25OsRVc7e0
Good. We should be smarter than we were in 1800, and have better, more efficient, and less polluting methods of heating than wood. Cavemen may have needed wood, but we do not, nor should we. Coal is something else that is rapidly being replaced, thank God.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:50 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
This might be the greatest BentBowish post by Bentbow I have seen yet.

- Links to an opinion piece from 2014, tries to play it off as new news.
- Turns out the opinion piece is flat out wrong.
- Questions the sanity of others
- End it with an Alex Jones video.

Perfect
It's 2018, he's shooting for greatness! LOL

Old 01-19-2018, 02:53 PM

956 posts, read 745,254 times
Dems are wanting to turn the US into a s***hole country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies