Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:55 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
The woodstove regulation was largely mischaracterized by the media. It did not ban woodstoves. It updated standards for woodstoves made in the future.

https://www.mediamatters.org/researc...-cut-wo/203667
What, Alex Jones lied for the sake of sensationalism? Why, I do declare...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Dems are wanting to turn the US into a s***hole country
Yes because clean air and clean water are bad things.

The Crab and Oyster population of Chesapeake Bay was almost wiped out from pollution and chemicals. Try visiting someplace with lax rules or even look at the pictures of the US NE Beaches when NYC was dumping trash offshore. Yea those damn Democrats just makin life hard for the polluters.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
That Forbes article was an opinion piece with nothing to back it up - in other words, pure right wing propaganda. Out here in the "wilderness" called the Western US, plenty of people use wood or pellet stoves to keep warm in the winter. I've used wood burning stoves the better part of my life and no one from the gubberment has ever raided my home or anyone else's to confiscate my wood burner and haul me off to jail. Depending upon a town's topography some areas can end up with winter time inversion layers which can keep all the particulates from wood burning stoves close in to the ground producing a smoggy effect. Certain towns like Taos and Santa Fe, NM or Durango, CO have local ordinances calling for more efficient wood burning stoves to deal with this problem. When it comes to wood burning stoves and global warming - that's a joke. As usual, on a slow news days the right will make up stories if they have nothing else better to do.
I lived in both AZ and NM and used a fireplace in both areas. Other than on "no burn days" due to the inversion you mentioned, burning wood in a fireplace or stove was very common.

This reminds me very much of the right wing uproar about light bulbs.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:01 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have to question the motive and sanity of these people.

The EPA has banned the production and sale of 80 percent of America’s current wood-burning stoves, the oldest heating method known to mankind and mainstay of rural homes and many of our nation’s poorest residents. The agency’s stringent one-size-fits-all rules apply equally to heavily air-polluted cities and far cleaner plus typically colder off-grid wilderness areas such as large regions of Alaska and the American West.

They even have the EPA forcing it upon the liberties of people to stay warm.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#2f8101e97ee0

Is this going too far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25OsRVc7e0
I can't wait for you to post a video of Alex Jones exploding from his rage just like Spinal Tap's drummers.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:04 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I can't wait for you to post a video of Alex Jones exploding from his rage just like Spinal Tap's drummers.
I just wish his appeal would become more selective. I can't believe the number of people that actually fall for his BS and vote based on stupid crap like the OP posted.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:09 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I always have and will continue to burn wood or coal for heat.

All these warming advocates can then pay my heating bill if they get their way. I can also burn used motor oil for heat.
Can you ever be on the right side of things? Wood and coal are among the most expensive ways to get heat. Radiators or natural gas furnaces are significantly cheaper.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:09 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have to question the motive and sanity of these people.

The EPA has banned the production and sale of 80 percent of America’s current wood-burning stoves, the oldest heating method known to mankind and mainstay of rural homes and many of our nation’s poorest residents. The agency’s stringent one-size-fits-all rules apply equally to heavily air-polluted cities and far cleaner plus typically colder off-grid wilderness areas such as large regions of Alaska and the American West.

They even have the EPA forcing it upon the liberties of people to stay warm.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#2f8101e97ee0

Is this going too far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25OsRVc7e0
Should ban forest fires, too. They are destructive as hell.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
They won't let people collect rainwater.

They won't let people grow food in their yards.

They won't let people stay warm in the winter.

All these things make people self sufficient.

Self sufficiency is the enemy of govt.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Hey, Alexa? What threads should I start on CD today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Q72qYWxKQ

Old 01-19-2018, 03:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
I hate to tell you this - but both states and the feds have been pushing for stricter regs on wood stoves since the 70s. If any of you had actually used wood to heat your home in the past 40 years, you'd know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies