Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 12:40 PM

27,686 posts, read 16,171,854 times

Advertisements

Did any msm question the votes? do they even want to acknowledge this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 12:44 PM

16,762 posts, read 8,229,990 times
Is it real or is it made up by someone and posted.

This is all because the first President to be caught by the Patriot act and FISA courts was from the GOP.

It is truly ironic and comical.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:47 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,109,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
I'm not the least bit surprised that FISA got abused by those in power. It just happened to be the Dems but it could have easily been the Republicans.

Think back..what was the original intent of FISA...to capture terrorists and keep America safe.

And everyone should have been outraged when it came out that Samantha Power had access to this information.
I agree that FISA can all to easily be abused, that's why it makes me nervous.

The House added some additional measures to protect Americans, we'll see if that curbs the abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Did any msm question the votes? do they even want to acknowledge this?
I have no doubt that CNN, WaPO, and the NYT will report it as Republican obstruction.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:51 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,076,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I agree that FISA can all to easily be abused, that's why it makes me nervous.

The House added some additional measures to protect Americans, we'll see if that curbs the abuse.

I have no doubt that CNN, WaPO, and the NYT will report it as Republican obstruction.
I think it was abused when they wiretapped Trump associates. Were they "terrorists" ?
No, FISA is being used beyond looking for terrorists for sure.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Is it real or is it made up by someone and posted.

This is all because the first President to be caught by the Patriot act and FISA courts was from the GOP.

It is truly ironic and comical.
You can read the report the FISA court put out already documenting widespread FISA abuse by the Obama administration.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3495...ies#from_embed

Keep in mind that what the House intel committee is going to release to the House is additional evidence of FISA abuse by the Obama administration.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
I think it was abused when they wiretapped Trump associates. Were they "terrorists" ?
Based on?

Seriously, if they had wiretapped Trumps phones etc without cause it has been a year, it would have made the news, and people would be in jail already. Stop falling for this nonsense.

As for FISa, and the patriot act-of course its being abused. Most often under the idea of seeing how far they can push in order to take bad guys down......but these should not have been renewed over and over. We're America, we should act like it.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
The FISA court report also talked about how the FBI allowed private contractors to spy on Americans by allowing widespread unauthorized accessing of raw FISA data by the contractors.

I wonder if any of these contractors were Fusion GPS.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You can read the report the FISA court put out already documenting widespread FISA abuse by the Obama administration.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3495...ies#from_embed

Keep in mind that what the House intel committee is going to release to the House is additional evidence of FISA abuse by the Obama administration.
But it can only happen if the judge approves it. So if these requests weren't about terrorists then the judge or judges should not have approved them.

The court itself should have stopped this. How could they approve them all and then issue a report saying "abuse".

Old 01-18-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Based on?

Seriously, if they had wiretapped Trumps phones etc without cause it has been a year, it would have made the news, and people would be in jail already. Stop falling for this nonsense.

As for FISa, and the patriot act-of course its being abused. Most often under the idea of seeing how far they can push in order to take bad guys down......but these should not have been renewed over and over. We're America, we should act like it.
I said Trump's associates, not Trump himself.

Manafort had a FISA warrant. Manafort is not a terrorist.
Money laundering/tax fraud is not FISA..that's simple FBI stuff going to a regular judge.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
But it can only happen if the judge approves it. So if these requests weren't about terrorists then the judge or judges should not have approved them.

The court itself should have stopped this. How could they approve them all and then issue a report saying "abuse".
No, the FBI was accessing the FISA database without any authorization from the FISA court.

You read that right, the FBI was accessing the database with no FISA court authorization.

The NSA caught the FBI red handed, and reported it to the FISA court.

People have no idea of the level of lawlessness by the FBI/DOJ under the Obama administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies