Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 08:02 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What is it with you guys and your constant references to butt business?

I'm sure folks will enjoy the extra twenty bucks. What is less thrilling is that 2017 showed the largest deficit since 2013,

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com...cit_chart.html

and with the trillion dollar cut in tax revenue, next year isn't looking good either.

Dollar fell 10% in value in 2017. Job growth is slowing down. Tax cut bill was a huge boon to foreign investors.

Might want to put that twenty bucks away for a rainy day.

Just saying.
People who are butt hurt complain about the same thing over and over.....hence, you're butt hurt....

Job growth is slowing because we are at or almost at full employment....
Tax cut is bring billions back to the US....as Tim Cook...

I will, and so you will...thanks trump....

Just saying....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:08 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
My butt is just fine. However, since you keep bringing it up, I assume you may be having some troubles.

Tax cuts are a boon for foreign investors. How much of America are you fine with selling off?

If we are at full employment, then why are the unemployed coal miners, factory workers, retail workers still in a world of hurt?

Retail is shedding jobs like an old dog and will continue to do so. No respite in sight for the coal miners or the unemployed, low-skilled factory workers. Are you thinking any of these folks will be working for Apple next year?

Old 01-20-2018, 08:14 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
My butt is just fine. However, since you keep bringing it up, I assume you may be having some troubles.

Tax cuts are a boon for foreign investors. How much of America are you fine with selling off?

If we are at full employment, then why are the unemployed coal miners, factory workers, retail workers still in a world of hurt?

Retail is shedding jobs like an old dog and will continue to do so. No respite in sight for the coal miners or the unemployed, low-skilled factory workers. Are you thinking any of these folks will be working for Apple next year?

Not as much as you complain....

If you think selling off America just started, you are far behind the curve....and very uninformed....

obama should have not cut the coal workers throats....same with factory workers...

some retail is others are not...

Old 01-20-2018, 08:17 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The Hill has presented some educated predictions about how much further Trump has to fall, in the coming year. They think he will be charged for treasonous activities with the Russians and that his republican poodles in congress will be devastated by the unprecedented democratic turnout at the polls in November.

As I type this, I'm listening to Trump's inaugural address, where he gravely insulted the condition of our country and claimed he would fix everything. But we are now in so much more turmoil and are unable to even sustain our federal budget, due to the rancor he has instilled. The article in the link, offers a bit of hope that this is all soon coming to an end. The author of this article is John LeBoutillier, a former republican congressman from New York.

Year two: Trump still has much further to fall | TheHill
Four words:

It’s the economy, stupid.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:18 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
...........No respite in sight for the coal miners or the unemployed, low-skilled factory workers...............
You're kidding, right? Obama put the coal workers on unemployment, and now you - a Democrat - are chiding the Republicans because the Republicans cannot undo the damage done by the Democrats?

Low paying garment industry jobs is what you want?

Nah..... The Snowflakes have no idea how to run a country. You want low paying jobs back into the country. You want illegal aliens to work those jobs. And then when Republicans take power you whine that low paying people are not being paid enough.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:

I see that your dream for America is everyone working in retail selling foreign products.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,111 times
Honest question, in what way is the country in more turmoil? Other than the fake outrage about non existent problems.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:35 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero99 View Post
It would be funny if it weren't so sickening. What a bunch of self-important, sneering windbags.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Honest question, in what way is the country in more turmoil? Other than the fake outrage about non existent problems.
We don’t have open borders and people can keep more of their money.

Outrageous, isn’t it.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:02 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,524,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The Hill has presented some educated predictions about how much further Trump has to fall, in the coming year. They think he will be charged for treasonous activities with the Russians and that his republican poodles in congress will be devastated by the unprecedented democratic turnout at the polls in November.

As I type this, I'm listening to Trump's inaugural address, where he gravely insulted the condition of our country and claimed he would fix everything. But we are now in so much more turmoil and are unable to even sustain our federal budget, due to the rancor he has instilled. The article in the link, offers a bit of hope that this is all soon coming to an end. The author of this article is John LeBoutillier, a former republican congressman from New York.

Year two: Trump still has much further to fall | TheHill
Would that educated education come from a Cracker Jack box?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies