Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 07:24 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
But...but....they're already here so what can we do? This is the last time, I swear! I mean it now. Last time!!!

If people parented their children this way we'd be a nation full of monsters. Illegals thumb their noses at us and laugh their asses off. Yeah, okay. Yep, we hear ya. Yeah, we know. Last time. Uh huh. Right. Got it.

I wonder if all these bleeding hearts would let someone break into their homes, go into the kitchen and help themselves to food, go through their things and take their money. Would they shrug and say, 'Oh well, they're already here so there's nothing I can do about it!'
I couldn't agree with you more. No more amnesties and it's irrelevant that these DACA's parents brought them here illegally. They are already demanding that their parents get to stay also. If the Democrats get their way we'll be looking at "Sequel #9 the Ongoing Travesty".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 07:24 PM

25,852 posts, read 16,552,727 times
The Democrats are absolutely complicit in exploiting our system by protecting illegal workers to help the corrupt businesses that profit from it.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Democrats are absolutely complicit in exploiting our system by protecting illegal workers to help the corrupt businesses that profit from it.

Not to mention pandering for the ethnocentric Hispanic vote and future votes from those illegals they hope to make citizens out of.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:30 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How are they paying? Sending them back to their homelands with their parents (keeping the family together) is some kind of punishment? No, this is about not rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally and not allowing their kids to benefit from it. Why do we Americans have to be punished in the way of loss of jobs, reduced wages, higher taxes, etc. associated with illegal immigration?
What loss of jobs are you talking about. And why are they being blamed for reduced wages. Isn't that up to the employer how much they will pay. Dreamers contribute to our society. They go to school, have jobs and pay taxes. I don't see how we are being punished, I see just the opposite.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What loss of jobs are you talking about. And why are they being blamed for reduced wages. Isn't that up to the employer how much they will pay. Dreamers contribute to our society. They go to school, have jobs and pay taxes. I don't see how we are being punished, I see just the opposite.

If you are referring to the DACAs the fact that 800,000 of them would take jobs in this country would mean that's 800,000 Americans who wouldn't get them. As for the rest of the illegal alien population they have flooded blue-collared jobs in this country by working for less including once good paying construction jobs. It has reduced wages also. If you have a large supply of cheap labor of course the employers can get away with paying less than a fair wage. It's the law of supply and demand. If these illegals weren't here they would have to pay a fair wage to an American and they did so before the illegal invasion.

I don't care what any dreamers contribute to our society. They are here illegally and must go back home and apply to come back legally. We have enough Americans who contribute to our society and would do even more so with the exit of illegal aliens out of our country. We don't need them here competing for jobs, going to our schools or paying taxes. Americans are quite capable of doing that without illegal aliens in our country.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,372,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's not fair to the kids, I agree. It's even less fair to Americans, and since this is our country, I would like our politicians to put fairness to our citizens above fairness to all others.
Interesting but not really equivalent.

The harm to the Dreamer is real and immediate. At the least we deny them the right to work and at the worst deport them.

When we get to the harm done to the citizen it becomes vague...The potential job probability drops 0.3% or your salary is reduced by 0.2%. Or such (not suggesting these are real numbers other than they are almost certainly small). In fact the Dreamers are contemporaries of the the US citizens and share all but legal status.
And even these small percentages are buried in much large statistical factors. Where are you? How old are you? Have you ever been arrested? What is your education level? How well do you interview? What skill set do you have?

So basically you damage the Dreamers for damage to citizens that is small and may not even be detectable in the real world.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:50 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you are referring to the DACAs the fact that 800,000 of them would take jobs in this country would mean that's 800,000 Americans who wouldn't get them. As for the rest of the illegal alien population they have flooded blue-collared jobs in this country by working for less including once good paying construction jobs. It has reduced wages also. If you have a large supply of cheap labor of course the employers can get away with paying less than a fair wage. It's the law of supply and demand. If these illegals weren't here they would have to pay a fair wage to an American and they did so before the illegal invasion.

I don't care what any dreamers contribute to our society. They are here illegally and must go back home and apply to come back legally. We have enough Americans who contribute to our society and would do even more so with the exit of illegal aliens out of our country. We don't need them here competing for jobs, going to our schools or paying taxes. Americans are quite capable of doing that without illegal aliens in our country.
Give me specifics. What jobs have they taken away from Americans. And you need to blame companies for paying them less. Americans seem to snub there nose at low paying jobs.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Give me specifics. What jobs have they taken away from Americans. And you need to blame companies for paying them less. Americans seem to snub there nose at low paying jobs.
I just gave you specifics! I told you about the construction industry just for one example. Americans used to do those jobs for nearly double of what these greedy employers are paying illegal aliens and many pay them cash to avoid taxes. That reduces wages for Americans. I do blame the companies but the illegal aliens are just as guilty of breaking the law as they are because they have no right to work here and no one forced them over the border illegally either.

Utter BS! Most American don't refuse a low paying job if that's the actual going and fair rate. Our less skilled and less educated don't nor do our American youth. You don't seem to understand this issue at all or your agenda to defend illegal aliens blinds you to the truth. What about the rule of law does that mean nothing to you? If not and you're a citizen of this country your attitude makes me ill.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,120,499 times
Quote:
It's pretty racist to claim that these DACAs are better than our own citizens. No one is saying we don't have our own losers but they certainly don't represent the majority of Americans. What a hateful remark to make!
FAIL. Nothing I said was racist (heck I didn't even mention a particular race.. simply DACA status). I also didn't imply citizens as a whole. I said we have some citizens that don't contribute to society, incapable of supporting themselves, lazy, and criminal. I would say that DACA recipients are more worthy as they are able to contribute, support themselves, employable, and not criminal.

Citizenship status aside, you would be hard pressed to convince someone that a lazy, uneducated, and criminal is more worthy or high value that someone who is educated, law biding, and hard working. Citizenship status doesn't change that.

If these citizens that don't contribute to society are worthy.. then you can't complain they receive welfare.

Also, DACA/Dreamers aren't your low wage illegal immigrants. Due to their education and status (albeit temporary) they compete for salaries just like any other citizen.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:09 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,554,472 times
Quote:

99.9% of all Americans won't do jobs like work in chicken plants, etc. They used to pay min wage these days they pay $10-$11 an hr. Ask most people what it would take for them to do the same job they would want $14-$15 for the same job, lets not get into the kill house.

There are other jobs that most Americans won't do as well not for what someone from another country would, then again most Americans haven't had to struggle like other countries have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies