Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 10:37 PM

32,090 posts, read 15,089,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
That sounds self-righteous of you... ironic... let’s not pretend you know what this country was founded on...
We are a nation of immigrants unless you are native american.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 10:39 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,118,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They are in fact VERY different. They are here illegally. Deport them. They can then apply to immigrate legally, if they so wish.
I'm all for deportation of illegal immigrants.

But as a father (legal of course) of three children, it goes against every bone in my body. I'm not a supporter of laws that victimize people.. especially children. Laws and our legal system are suppose to have some sort of humanity.

I don't believe in holding children accountable for the crimes of their parents. Repeating that they were illegal once they aged to 18 is disingenuous; it isn't reasonable for a person to willingly self deport to a country they have no ties, language, nor support structure.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:40 PM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
DACA= Democrats Against Citizens of America.
That's exactly correct.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Thread fail. "DACA dreamers" have broken no laws.
Yes, they have. They're illegally residing and/or working in the US. As such, according to Federal Law, they're subject to deportation.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
DACA is a citizenship status...
No, it is not. It's a temporary deportation deferral. That's all.

DACA = Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Expires in March. At that point, they can all be deported.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:53 PM

32,090 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it is not. It's a temporary deportation deferral. That's all.

DACA = Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Expires in March. At that point, they can all be deported.
Why would we want to do that do them when they feel like they are americans because they grew up here.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:54 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,614,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, I just don't know how to answer some of you. When did we become such a bitter and self righteous society. This is not what our country is about. This is not what our country was founded on.
Our country was not founded on using one's children as a Trojan Horse to break the law, nor allowing people to cheat the system and leapfrog over others because enough of them do it en masse. There is no such thing as amnesty for DACA only--as I've posted before, they're demanding it for their families as well as all illegals. You all are debating whether to let someone crash on your couch for the night when what they're asking is to move their whole family into your guest quarters.

DACA sets a dangerous precedent for anybody and everybody to come forward and claim that they or their offspring have lived here since they were children, or that they are related to a DACA recipient and are eligible for sponsorship. I can hear the argument now: having them prove it would be a racist, unfair burden because poor oppressed people fleeing the third world don't always pack birth certificates and dental records. We have several decades to look bad on--from the 1986 amnesty that only brought millions more with no border security, to public education for their children, to in-state college to tuition, to drivers licenses, to taxpayer funded lawyers and full constitutional rights, to professional licenses, to sanctuary cities, to full-on sanctuary states. Restrictions and conditions on immigration have never held. There is no reason to think this time would be different.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Wow, I just don't know how to answer some of you. When did we become such a bitter and self righteous society.
When robbing banks, kidnapping, etc., were ALSO determined to be violations of Federal Law, just like illegal aliens' illegal residency and/or employment in the US.

Quote:
This is not what our country is about.
The hell it's not. ANYONE can apply to immigrate legally.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:56 PM

22,483 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yeah, I feel pretty good actually. Dreamers are Americans even if they don't have the paperwork to show it.
The are not in any way, shape or form "Americans". And you know it, too.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm ok with it if you are referring to dreamers - brought here before the age of 10 by the parents through no fault of their own.
We're all dreamers!

Fk those who come here illegally and expect to be treated as being above citizens! We pay for them!

People act as if all of them are great citizens!

NO, the truth is that they represent a higher percentage of welfare and felons!

How about the guy that killed two cops and said "I only wish I could have killed more. I'll escape and kill more!"

Sorry, FK them and their criminal parents!

If they have served in the military with honor, that's entirely different. The problem is the left is conflating the small minority of upstanding dreamers with the majority of shlubs abusing our system!

They shut down the governemnt to side with illegal aliens over citizens!

KISS YOUR BLUE WAVE GOODBYE!
The majority of citizens aren't stupid enough to fall for the BS!

Quote:
We are a nation of immigrants unless you are native american.
EVERY nation is a nation of immigrants!
WTF can't people grasp such a basic principle?

Quote:
Why would we want to do that do them when they feel like they are americans because they grew up here.
When did we become the "land of milk and honey" for those who didn't do sht to help us get there? If this is so great why isn't every inhabitant of the earth a US citizen?

Do you even have a clue of your own hypocrisy?

I SWEAR THERE IS LITERALLY NO CURE FOR STUPIDITY!

you people are more concerned with your own ego stroking than doing what's right

Last edited by steven_h; 01-20-2018 at 11:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies