Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 08:36 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,683,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They are not criminals. They are contributing members of society. You really need to do your research.
When people break the law by entering illegally, it automatically makes them criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:37 PM

63,178 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
For every legal immigrant that comes into this country, there is potentially they would take that job from an American. Are we not a society for free market?

Most illegals are here to channel money back to their native country were a cost of living is lower and they are willing to work for cheap.. thus depressing wages. That I agree.

The difference is that DACA are educated here, their family is here, they have little connection to their native country. They are really no different from a 1st generation American born child of legal immigrants. 17% are US college educated.... they wouldn't be the ones accepting low wage labor jobs.

I agree we should do something about the illegal immigrants but I also believe that DACA needs special consideration.

If that's so then we shouldn't allow in any legal immigrants either unless we can provide them with a job that an American can't or won't fill. I'm good with that. Free market doesn't mean it's ok to stab the American worker in the back.

Let these DACAs take the education we provided them and go back to their homelands with their families here illegally also and help them instead. Don't give me that BS that they have no connection to their homeland. They learn the culture and language from their parents. People often move all over the world and adapt. Yes, they are different than an American child born from legal parents. The DACAs were born to parents here illegally. It doesn't matter what kind of jobs they are taking. They are removing those opportunities for Americans. Again, read those links I provided you with about the truth about the DACAs.

No, no more amnesties and no special considerations for them just because their parents managed to sneak them over our border illegally. The long term and short term ramifications of doing so is harmful to our own citizens.

25,452 posts, read 9,868,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
When people break the law by entering illegally, it automatically makes them criminals.
*Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
They don't care that Trump hires illegal workers it's okay if Trump does it.
Cite the posts that state this, because I'm pretty sick of reading this and I'm no Trump fan.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
*Sigh*
Translation: I got nothin'.

I know, I know...you want me to call them Dreamers. I get it.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,162,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I just gave you specifics! I told you about the construction industry just for one example. Americans used to do those jobs for nearly double of what these greedy employers are paying illegal aliens and many pay them cash to avoid taxes. That reduces wages for Americans. I do blame the companies but the illegal aliens are just as guilty of breaking the law as they are because they have no right to work here and no one forced them over the border illegally either.

Utter BS! Most American don't refuse a low paying job if that's the actual going and fair rate. Our less skilled and less educated don't nor do our American youth. You don't seem to understand this issue at all or your agenda to defend illegal aliens blinds you to the truth. What about the rule of law does that mean nothing to you? If not and you're a citizen of this country your attitude makes me ill.
Exactly, thank you. Don't blame the people, blame the employers. And I don't think you want to use construction workers as an example. Most construction workers are union members. They get great pay and great benefits.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,588,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Cite the posts that state this, because I'm pretty sick of reading this and I'm no Trump fan.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...is-wall-9.html

Post 82

Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 PM

10,589 posts, read 4,118,067 times
DACA= Democrats Against Citizens of America.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

Thanks, Reed, but I'm not reading through a 9 page thread. Can you post the link to all the specific posts that say that people who are against hiring illegals think it's okay when Trump does it?

I see you've added post 82. BRB.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:43 PM

63,178 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Fail. I didn't say the majority of our citizens are losers.

What I said that there are losers here that are a burden to us that I'd rather see removed before a DACA recipient (educated, employable, loyal, hard working).

Citizenship status doesn't change that they are losers.

That's what I was trying to point out to you, geez! Since the majority of our citizens aren't losers then why even bring up the losers at all? Why would you use them for a comparison to the DACAs? We can't deport our own losers so why even talk about removing them? I never said that their citizenship means that can't be losers either. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. You are trying to make a case for the DACAs based on the losers in our society? Now there's a true failure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies