Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 11:19 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

why must he make 2.8 million illegal, able to vote just to keep the money going?

Old 01-21-2018, 11:33 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Sorry that we outright reject your over-generalized positing that the left is anti-military based on the actions of some hippies 60 years ago.

I appreciate your dad's (as well as the members of my own family) service.
They are the same people with the same political beliefs and causes today.

The only people who believe that the Left is not anti-military are the delusional Left itself. It certainly isn't the military nor the rest of the country (and frankly the non-Leftist contingent in the West in general).

Old 01-21-2018, 12:01 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Obama made sure the military was paid when the 2013 Republican led Congress shutdown the country. Why can't Trump control his own party enough to make sure our fighting men and women get paid? Where are his vaunted negotiating skills?

C'mon Mr. President quit playing so much golf, keep away from the hookers and govern!!!
saw Mitch on live TV BLOCK a bill that would have ensured cheques were sent to military families...

Republicans made sure to block those cheques, can't really see how even the most blind and hate filled trumper can blame anyone but the republicans....

i mean sure the shut down was happening, but why did mitch block the vote that would have allowed the families of our military receive their benefits. why would Mitch do that? I think it was because Mitch wanted to inflict pain on as many people as possible...

Old 01-21-2018, 12:03 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
you can't pay some employees (military) and not pay others (other government workers) .....that's discrimination

Old 01-21-2018, 12:09 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
you can't pay some employees (military) and not pay others (other government workers) .....that's discrimination
But those were the people Trump was tweeting about, that they would be the most hurt...and yet....that standalone bill blocked.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:11 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't think Trump hates the military. I think he doesn't understand it.

He doesn't understand the honor and respect the military have for fallen soldiers and their families, or for POWs either.

I don't think he understands the sacrifices soldiers and their families make to protect our nation.

His comments on how he knew more than the generals was just stupid.
I think he doesn't understand it because he is a coward and his loyalty is to $$$$$ not mankind.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:21 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
BENEFIT CHEQUES CAN be sent. it is NOT pay it is benefits for families of the fallen.

you can pretend it is not real skeddy, you can live in denial , but Mitch did it on live TV so look it up and learn about the party you are supporting.

Trump killed the deal, Mitch blocked a vote that would have allowed the cheques to be processed.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Obama made sure the military was paid when the 2013 Republican led Congress shutdown the country. Why can't Trump control his own party enough to make sure our fighting men and women get paid? Where are his vaunted negotiating skills?

C'mon Mr. President quit playing so much golf, keep away from the hookers and govern!!!
President Trump loves the military, and the USA. That is why he has requested increases in military budgets to rebuilt it, whereas Obama cut spending to dangerous levels. I read recently that 80% of our F/A 18's cannot fly for lack of parts/maintenance.

In 2013, Obama blocked military veterans from visiting their War Memorial. That's how much he loves the military.

This is Schumer's Shutdown. The budget required 60 votes. It isn't the Republicans that failed to pass it Of course, you know this. You're just parroting the Leftist "talking points," which are a lie.

You know very well why this has happened. Schumer wants a DACA solution included in this spending bill. But DACA has noting to do with spending. And, as yet there is no agreement on DACA. The so-called "bi-partisan" agreement that was presented a week or so ago was anything but! President Trump made it clear what he would and would not sign. They didn't listen. Now they are trying to claim he tricked them.

And by the way, Trump does NOT mess around with hookers, so quit lying! It seems as though lying is the only thing you Leftists and the Democraps are good at.

#ShumerShutdown

Old 01-21-2018, 12:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
It is the Democrat's Filibuster that shutdown the government, by keeping the vote for the CR from happening. If they didn't Filibuster, they would have to vote for or against the continuing resolution, which would fund the military. They voted to not have to go on record as voting against the CR.
But in effect, they did vote against it. The voted against the military, and against CHIP.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:32 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I don't think Trump hates the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies