Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 03:34 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times

Advertisements

I was initially astonished that Trump could be so dumb as not to understand the probable repercussions if he fired Robert Mueller.

But then I though, Hey, that's what he learned to do.

First, he spent his whole like as the head of a company, never having had to work at anything approximating a normal job, like most people, with a boss. He just stepped in to family money and family business. He's known to be insensitive and vindictive, and probably was used to firing people from an early age. He's too unfeeling ever to have thought much about it.

Second, his years on The Apprentice presumably taught him, as with a trained monkey, for instance, that firing people was a routine thing to do. Not only that, but that he'd be popular for it - audiences were eagerly waiting for him to fire someone. He's too unthinking to have really considered the implications as president.

Third, I'm guessing he also likes it because - let's face it - he's a bully. Probably makes him feel powerful, since he can't lay claims to anything else, like brains or experience.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:58 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I was initially astonished that Trump could be so dumb as not to understand the probable repercussions if he fired Robert Mueller.

First, he spent his whole like as the head of a company, never having had to work at anything approximating a normal job, like most people, with a boss. He just stepped in to family money and family business. He's known to be insensitive and vindictive, and probably was used to firing people from an early age. He's too unfeeling ever to have thought much about it.

Second, his years on The Apprentice presumably taught him, as with a trained monkey, for instance, that firing people was a routine thing to do. Not only that, but that he'd be popular for it - audiences were eagerly waiting for him to fire someone. He's too unthinking to have really considered the implications as president.

Third, I'm guessing he also likes it because - let's face it - he's a bully. Probably makes him feel powerful, since he can't lay claims to anything else, like brains or experience.
All I hear is a lot of whining from your post. The man amassed a global business empire worth billions. He didn't get there acting like a weak beta. And drop the whole he did nothing to earn his money..that is utter BS. If I gave you $10 and you turned it into $1000, should i call you a fraud and a con man becuse you were given $10 by me? I know all the soy boys out there loved the weak kneed Obummer who bowed to other leaders

Old 01-27-2018, 04:03 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:

I would have thought his thinking process was a bit more sophisticated. Most people at street level know it would be a disaster to fire the special prosecutor.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:17 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:

This is another failed, mislabeled thread just like the other ones in here, that assume the false narrative about Trump "tried to fire" Mueller.

If Trump tried to fire Mueller, you would have heard this by now... knock knock, "Hello, I'm looking for a job and my name is Robert Mueller. Trump said You're fired, and gave me this Cobra hand gesture, then this lady named Amanda told me my cab would be waiting for me downstairs and Waa! Not My Mueller Time! Waa!"

Old 01-27-2018, 04:21 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Wait, trump tried to fire muller?

Did he?

No?

Whats the problem?

Please be specific with your answer.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:22 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:

Bla, bla, bla. Are you done whining yet? Next time you become a billionaire and the President, get back to us.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:23 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Did he fire Mueller? no. Move along folks. Mueller better be reimbursing the tax payers for his fraud investigation that is no longer collusion, but now trying to move to a perjury charge that would have nothing to do with collusion.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I would have thought his thinking process was a bit more sophisticated. Most people at street level know it would be a disaster to fire the special prosecutor.
not if the special prosecutor was shown to be failing at his/her job, and it was proved that there was a bias within the investigation

Trump IS within his rights as POTUS, to fire....it may not be suggested...but he is within his rights to do so

Old 01-27-2018, 04:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
All I hear is a lot of whining from your post. The man amassed a global business empire worth billions. He didn't get there acting like a weak beta. And drop the whole he did nothing to earn his money..that is utter BS. If I gave you $10 and you turned it into $1000, should i call you a fraud and a con man becuse you were given $10 by me? I know all the soy boys out there loved the weak kneed Obummer who bowed to other leaders

It's funny, Trump supporters use the word "whine" as they do "fake" - as a convenient label for anything they disagree with. As I just posted elsewhere, it's a convenient way for Trump to deflect. Trump conveniently terms anyone who disagrees with him a "whiner," and he laughs because it's impossible for him to argue a point rationally and persuasively.

And, yes, he did in fact start everything with his family money, and just coasted on it. And are you aware that there are a lot of financial experts who doubt he's even really a billionaire? It's no accident that he's never been invited to Davos before - is the perfect indication that he was generally regarded as an incompetent businessman, not a success, not a major player, certainly not in the forefront of anything.

Is it beyond your imagination to understand that there are options between being "weak" and being a heartlessly avaricious, back-stabbing, cruel, bigoted bully?

Old 01-27-2018, 04:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Worthless distraction issue IMO. Blah, blah, blah.................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies