Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 06:01 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times

Advertisements

He didn't "try to fire" him because if he had he would be FIRED.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:10 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I was initially astonished that Trump could be so dumb as not to understand the probable repercussions if he fired Robert Mueller.

But then I though, Hey, that's what he learned to do.

First, he spent his whole like as the head of a company, never having had to work at anything approximating a normal job, like most people, with a boss. He just stepped in to family money and family business. He's known to be insensitive and vindictive, and probably was used to firing people from an early age. He's too unfeeling ever to have thought much about it.

Second, his years on The Apprentice presumably taught him, as with a trained monkey, for instance, that firing people was a routine thing to do. Not only that, but that he'd be popular for it - audiences were eagerly waiting for him to fire someone. He's too unthinking to have really considered the implications as president.

Third, I'm guessing he also likes it because - let's face it - he's a bully. Probably makes him feel powerful, since he can't lay claims to anything else, like brains or experience.
You and I both know that Trump is really not happy about this investigation. He acts like it is nothing, but it has to be scaring the Bejesus out of him. He LOVES to be in total control, and this one is out of his control completely. He can huff and puff, and make all the "Witch hunt" claims he wants, but this investigation is rolling along very well, and uncovering a lot of things Trump would prefer left under the radar.

The GOP is also trying to discredit Mueller and the investigation, but that is having zero effect on anything. Mueller is smart, tough, honest, and a pitbull when it comes to doing this kind of job. He was the perfect pick, and lets all the distractions around him roll off of his back like water off a duck.

The next few months are going to be VERY interesting. I've ordered in a Yuge supply of popcorn.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:19 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You and I both know that Trump is really not happy about this investigation. He acts like it is nothing, but it has to be scaring the Bejesus out of him. He LOVES to be in total control, and this one is out of his control completely. He can huff and puff, and make all the "Witch hunt" claims he wants, but this investigation is rolling along very well, and uncovering a lot of things Trump would prefer left under the radar.

The GOP is also trying to discredit Mueller and the investigation, but that is having zero effect on anything. Mueller is smart, tough, honest, and a pitbull when it comes to doing this kind of job. He was the perfect pick, and lets all the distractions around him roll off of his back like water off a duck.

The next few months are going to be VERY interesting. I've ordered in a Yuge supply of popcorn.
"The next few months"? What the hell! This crap has gotten ridiculous. No one has time for this partisan grandstanding. Either **** or get off the pot. Mueller can "huff and puff" and make all the "we will get the eebil Trump soon!!" garbage he wants, but the so called "investigation" is pretty much at a dead stop, it is not "Rolling along" at all. Where the hell are you getting these ridiculous talking points?

Quote:
The GOP is also trying to discredit Mueller and the investigation, but that is having zero effect on anything.
True, kinda hard to "discredit" someone who is doing absolutely NOTHING. Whats to discredit?

Old 01-27-2018, 09:05 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This is another failed, mislabeled thread just like the other ones in here, that assume the false narrative about Trump "tried to fire" Mueller.

If Trump tried to fire Mueller, you would have heard this by now... knock knock, "Hello, I'm looking for a job and my name is Robert Mueller. Trump said You're fired, and gave me this Cobra hand gesture, then this lady named Amanda told me my cab would be waiting for me downstairs and Waa! Not My Mueller Time! Waa!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Thanks for providing that video (though I have seen it before). It confirms what I have said before ...the President was concerned over Mueller's conflicts. But he never demanded Mueller's firing, or even "attempted" to fire Mueller (another word that's been used). Nothing close happened. He questioned if Mueller had too many conflicts of interest (not the least of which he is best friends with James Comey, and that alone should have disqualified him).

But nice try.
We are in the minority here.

I was watching the news today, FOX of course, which is fair and balanced, not the liberal echo chamber the others are, but they discuss what the MSM is barking about, which is nothing but Trump ordering, demanding and screaming for Mueller to be fired.

After 7 long months after it supposedly happened, they don't bust out this BS story until now, when Trump has the whole planet by the short hairs and has everyone's divided attention about how America is back, large and in charge.

The demonocrats want to talk about 18 karat toilets.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:10 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I would have thought his thinking process was a bit more sophisticated. Most people at street level know it would be a disaster to fire the special prosecutor.
Indeed, he seems have the least sophisticated thinking process (possibly due in part to his ignorance of history) of any president I can think of. He makes GWB look like an intellectual by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wait, trump tried to fire muller? Did he? No? Whats the problem? Please be specific with your answer.
You can't possibly be so naive as not to understand that the problem is (A)his total lack of respect for the law (B)his authoritarian assumption that everyone is expected to manifest slavish obedience (C)his attempt to fire him hints at some major wrong-doing that he's covering up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Bla, bla, bla. Are you done whining yet? Next time you become a billionaire and the President, get back to us.
Oh, so money is your sole standard? You have no respect for justice, integrity, expertise, knowledge - nothing but money? And, as I already said, there is some serious doubt that Trump is even a billionaire. If he'd released his tax information, we'd know that. That may be one of the many things he's trying to hide..

Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Bla, bla, bla. Are you done whining yet? Next time you become a billionaire and the President, get back to us.
Did your daddy give you millions of dollars to get started, too? And when you got in trouble through poor management of those millions, did your daddy rescue you by bailing you out with millions more, like Daddy Trump did for little Donnie?

Yeah, it takes real talent an initiative to be born into great wealth, doesn't it?

Old 01-28-2018, 03:28 PM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So, nothing...figures...

Old 01-28-2018, 03:32 PM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

You can't possibly be so naive as not to understand that the problem is (A)his total lack of respect for the law (B)his authoritarian assumption that everyone is expected to manifest slavish obedience (C)his attempt to fire him hints at some major wrong-doing that he's covering up.
Naive? Naive, is taking a non-verified comment and running with it like it's the truth....

(A), we are not talking about obama....start your own thread.

(B), you cannot show me anything to back up your comment.

(C) He never attempted, your failure is noted.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:33 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Shouldn’t be surprised op lapped up nytimes fake news like a hungry puppy

Old 01-28-2018, 05:27 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,975 times
It's legal and this "russian investigation" should have been over a week after it was implemented. It's a national disgrace what the deep state is doing to this country's President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies