Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 02:36 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,940,520 times

Advertisements

As a moderate left of center voter, I pretty much dislike every single Trump policy except two. I want massive infrastructure spending, and I want immigration cut to the bone. I want no family immigration visas given out except for minor children and wife or husband of person who gets in on pure merit. Merit can be we need oil drillers, plumbers or doctors, like Australia determines every year what they need. I'm sick and tired of seeing a highly educated person from India get in, only to bring in every single brother and sister he has who have nothing for us, and the wife eventually brings in all her siblings. Since 1965 millions of immigrants trace their entrance to this stupid sibling immigration. What other country allows adult siblings in just because the other one got in. If you miss your family so much, don't come here in the first place. Stay home with your siblings. We the American people owe you nothing and you have no right to come to this country unless we say so.

I want immigration restricted to half of what it is now. 1M new people a year for decades now is stupid and we are getting more and more crowded. I don't want an America with 500M people. I don't even want 400M and we are headed there solely due to immigration. Severe restrictions.

If Trump and R's get this immigration restricted and do infrastructure I may just vote for them in 2018.

I am 100% with the R's and Tom Cotton on this out of control immigration growth due to chain migration.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:38 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Those who were really paying attention to the content of Trump's address, would have noted that most of it was intended to instill fear and xenophobia about foreigners, immigration and terrorism. ......
Sounds like you toe the line of the Democrat party. i.e. Rights of illegals & terrorists over that of Americans. What Hillary called "deplorables".

Thankfully real America, not the one conjured by the MSM, has seen through the farce.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,940,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Those who were really paying attention to the content of Trump's address, would have noted that most of it was intended to instill fear and xenophobia about foreigners, immigration and terrorism. All except one of the individuals or groups introduced in the audience, had been involved in some form of violence, serious injuries or death.

All he did was extend his bragging and making false claims about his great accomplishments. Just because his manner was more calm than usual, some people thought he was more "presidential". He really did a great job of reading the teleprompter, without giving clues about what he was doing. Unless I missed something, he never mentioned the Wall or the Memo. Maybe his advisers convinced him that those issues would greatly decrease the approval of the address.

On another note, I was even less impressed with the rebuttal for the Democrats, by Joe Kennedy III. He spoke mostly in worn-out clichés and his voice and manner are too wimpy, to take him seriously as a political leader. If I hadn't known better, I'd have guessed that he was about 15 years younger than age 37. It would be a mistake for the Democrats to try to ramp him up into being a presidential candidate at any time in the future.

I didn't give a whit about his great-uncle or grandfather, either. Their presence on the political scene, delayed my conversion towards the liberal side of things, by about eight years. It would put me in a terrible dilemma, to have another one of them being the only choice, to avoid more conservative nation-wrecking.

No I'm a moderate that wants an end to immigration. It is making this country overcrowded, overdeveloped, etc. I don't want a nation of 400M due to immigration. If you care so much about your siblings, don't leave where you live and come here. Come here alone or stay where you are. Australia doesn't even let in people over 45 years of age, and they are far more liberal than the US. Immigration is more restrictive in Canada and Australia, are they liberal nations? Why do we have to be so generous letting in over 1M per year? Restrict immigration is right. It will help all of us. We have enough foreigners already. Don't need more of them.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:16 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
No it's not. You forgot to carve out the exception for the last 8 years, which would read as follows:

It's all America's fault. Especially white America's. I'm sorry, Third World. I'm sorry, Muslims. I'm sorry, anti-American terrorists and sympathizers and fellow travelers. I will destroy American energy production and turn our energy needs over to pie-in-the-sky dreamers at home and unstable, unfriendly dictatorships abroad. I'm sorry. Well, not me personally, but the rest of the country really needs to apologize.
I could criticize the left as much as the right. Both are corrupt paid puppets who follow the same agenda. On one side you hear about being patriotic, pro-free market, tough on immigration propaganda. On the other side you hear about open borders, social and environment propaganda. But what is the reality? the right proclaims amnesty for 1.8 millions of fresh arriving illegal immigrants; the left give an obscene amount of money to banks. Business as usual, doing as they're told.

The division is artificially made to control people. The people in control don't go to the same public schools as the great majority of people who are brainwashed for years; by the time people are done with school those ideas [left and right] are taken as matter of facts, they are nothing but indoctrination. It's no wonder people believe politicians, despite their constant lies and manipulations.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:24 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
This presidents speech is hateful and racist!

Quote:
All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected, but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens.

In the budget I will present to you we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace .........

We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
~ Barack H. Obama

Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 PM

11,145 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
What's racist about that? Or hateful?

Old 01-31-2018, 03:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What's racist about that? Or hateful?
Sarcasm. Barack Obama said those words in a speech.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:34 PM

11,145 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sarcasm. Barack Obama said those words in a speech.
Ah. Gotcha. We really need a sarcasm font around here.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:43 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
I bet you lost your mind when Michelle said something similar.
What did she say similar? Oh, you mean when she said (paraphrasing) she for the first time was proud of this country,

Quote:
Or when football players take the knee.
As proud as the left...

Quote:
But only good old folks like you could have your american pride go up and down.
Even as much as I do not capitalize names, it's for a reason, none in congress deserve it....but when I reference America, it's capitalized....

Quote:
Coming from others that don't think the way you do....well, they're just traitors and should leave the country, am I right?
WOW, such a huge failure....so no....not by your prior posts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies