Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 03:13 PM

9,010 posts, read 4,701,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's not your grandfather's world, TRex2. I know it's hard to accept that society as a whole is moving past "women as window dressing," but that's the world we live in now.

Progress is hard on those who are not equipped to change with the times.
Not my world, either.
I can certainly change with the times.
But the changes that are coming?
Well, I feel sad for those of you who swallowed the Blue Pill.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:19 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Not my world, either.
I can certainly change with the times.
But the changes that are coming?
Well, I feel sad for those of you who swallowed the Blue Pill.
As a woman I am very happy with the changes in our culture. My daughter has a much wider professional world to explore than was open to me at her age. She couldn't even imagine a world where those doors weren't open to her. That's what I consider a positive cultural change.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:30 PM

19,693 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Quote:
As a woman I am very happy with the changes in our culture. My daughter has a much wider professional world to explore than was open to me at her age. She couldn't even imagine a world where those doors weren't open to her. That's what I consider a positive cultural change.
In some ways it is getting smaller.

How these women losing their jobs helps other women get jobs is a mystery.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

In a world where a woman can now be a doctor, an astronaut, a lawyer, a race car driver, an engineer or any other of a myriad of professions that were once closed to her, the loss of "empty-headed eye candy" as a career goal is a small one by comparison.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,892,436 times
Liberals are just killjoys and authoritarians. So if a majority of people want to see or are okay with hot girls at an auto race, tough luck. Liberals say no and they're the self appointed boss of everything.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Liberals are just killjoys and authoritarians. So if a majority of people want to see or are okay with hot girls at an auto race, tough luck. Liberals say no and they're the self appointed boss of everything.
Your beef is with Formula 1. Despite what you might be tempted to believe from the posts in this thread, all of it conjecture without a single fact to back them up, it was the organization's decision. Perhaps they're just more evolved than those who object to this change are.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:42 PM

9,010 posts, read 4,701,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

All you have to do is look at the history of Sweden over the past 35 years, to understand where this is going.

It was about 35 years ago that the liberals and the feminists got control of Sweden

https://professorsblogg.com/2012/06/...tate-feminism/

Juxtaposition is always instructive, for those who have the mental capability to connect the dots.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

Once the dots are connected, it becomes obvious how one led to the other.

So, now you have been warned. Nothing more I can do.
I have to return to the duty of protecting my own family.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:50 PM

19,693 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Quote:
In a world where a woman can now be a doctor, an astronaut, a lawyer, a race car driver, an engineer or any other of a myriad of professions that were once closed to her, the loss of "empty-headed eye candy" as a career goal is a small one by comparison.
Women have been involved in those professions for a long time. My dad had a female lawyer in the 1960s. He had women business owners as commercial tenants. Trump had a woman managing a major construction project in the 80s. Female astronauts - 1980s. I can go on...

Women have been in professional positions for years and somehow co-existed in a world with grid girls and promotional models.

lol.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:41 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,364,293 times
Quote:
This, exactly. It is a business decision, based on a changing culture.

We have evolved a bit and that's a good thing. Only those who want to continue to see women as merely "a hot chick draped over something" are lamenting the loss here.

Change is hard for some people.
Actually I think money has a lot more to do with it. Formula 1 is not in good financial shape. Liberty Media took over this last year and this has seen as a politically correct maneuver that also saves them money.

I’d rather see more small teams being able to enter the sport than grid girls. I think most F1 fans would agree. They need to start cost cutting measures and make the sport more viable to teams that don’t have massive funding. So... in reality I think it had more to do with $$$ than brand image.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:54 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,659,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
?
I agree with what Dane said. BTW I did not say that.
Huh?
If you agree it's the same as you said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But that is not telling women dont do this or dont do that. That is saying you can aspire to anything dont limit yourself to looking pretty.
Would you tell your son you can aspire to own the company or you can aspire to load boxes for a company.
English is not my first language, and even not the third, but even I can understand that the speaker does not want the girl to get the "non feminist" job.

I am a manager in IT with 6 figures and a path to promotion to executive in a fortune 500 company in 10 years. The work is hard and stressful. When I drove a cab it was much much easier and fun.
I will tell my son that he can anything he wants and I will accept it. In our ethnicity there is a saying "any job brings respect to the worker".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies